Home

Best Lightsaber Duel (Ep. I - VI)

Negative Sun

Which Lightsaber Duel kicks the most ass?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which Lightsaber Duel kicks the most ass?

• Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan VS Darth Maul (Ep. I)
    • Obi-Wan & Anakin VS Count Dooku (Ep. II)
    • Yoda VS Count Dooku (Ep. II)
    • Obi-Wan & Anakin VS Count Dooku (Ep. III)
    • Mace Windu VS Palpatine (Ep. III)
    • Yoda VS Palpatine (Ep. III)
    • Obi-Wan VS Anakin (Ep. III)
    • Obi-Wan VS Darth Vader (Ep. IV)
    • Luke VS Darth Vader (Ep. V)
    • Luke VS Darth Vader (Ep. VI)

The Ep. III duels were pure quality, but nothing was as entertaining as the Ep I duels. Especially because nobody had seen such hi-speed lightsaber action before and if you ask me, nobody will anymore, with Maul gone. They could have given Grievous some better lightsabering skills, but no, he has to be the bitchy evil megalomaniac who dies in the most pathetic fight in SW history.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This erection is the "heart" of lucasforums
Ewwww!

And who voted the best duel was Obi-Wan vs. Vader from Episode IV? I know it ended the huge duel that started in episode III, but seriously, it was so... boring! Slow combat and no force powers, and one person just ended up letting the other kill him (which is the only lightsaber duel this happens). I probably would have too to get out of that slow, boring duel.

EDIT: Well, okay, Vader sacrifices himself in RotJ, but first of all, that's not during a lightsaber duel (just the emporer shocking Luke), and second of all, he does it to save his son and the galaxy, not just for the heck of it or trying to look "honorable."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm.

Darth Maul saberstaff action in Ep. 1 was probably the best choreographed, and Obi-Wan vs. Anakin in Ep. 3 had the best action, but my personal favourite was Yoda vs Dooku at the end of Ep. 2. Seeing that for the first time just made the whole movie right there, with his "Super-Grover" battlecry and his hopping around and bouncing off the walls. No other lightsaber fight really had the same OMFG impact as seeing that for the first time, because even though you know Yoda's a Jedi Master and everything, it's the first time you've ever seen him really move and fight like a Jedi Master. Great stuff.

Look, I don't know why, but I liked the brief battle between Dooku and Anakin on board the Invisible Hand in Episode III. I also really enjoyed the lightsaber battle in Episode 1 between Maul and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan (a classic).

The battle between Grievous and Obi-Wan (not on the poll) was a little dissapointing because I had been expecting a lot more from Grievous, (he was way too slow).

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, does anyone else get emotional when viewing Star Wars, or am I the only one? Has anyone actually cried watching Star Wars, like while in the cinemas?

Yes i almost cried in Episode 3 at many different occasions. I cried in the cinema once but all i can say is Star Wars is brill and emotional! :duel: This cool smiley.

Obi Wan vs. Vader in Episode III owns...nothing compares to it.

I came close to crying when seeing Episode III, after Order 66 had just been given and the Jedi got killed. And also at the very end when all the fates of the main characters are being shown to connect the PT and OT. On that part, mostly just because I realized that this was the end, and there would be no more Star Wars movies. :cry8:

Yeah, does anyone else get emotional when viewing Star Wars, or am I the only one? Has anyone actually cried watching Star Wars, like while in the cinemas?

I can honestly say I almost shed a tear when Episode III ended with the beautiful binary sunset scene. :)

It was such a perfect ending for a great movie. And then I also knew it was worth it to wait in line for 12-13h to get tickets to the premiere. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1st: Obi-Wan VS The newly appointed Darth Vader

2nd: Yoda VS Dooku

3rd: Mace Windu [and other jedi] VS Darth Sidious

1st: Excellent. Set on a great planet filled with rage anger and love. *sob*

2nd: Cool, how Yoda walks in slowly and crippled and then starts jumping off the walls and spinnning his saber like crazy. Yoda is so cool.

3rd: Is it me or did the jedi helping Mace arrest the Chancellor die a bit suddenley? I mean, these guys are supposed to be jedi knights, Palpatine got rid of them like padawans! I know hes a sith lord, but they could hav e put up a bit of a fight...or died more dramaticcly. :)

Shame Kit Fisto died they could have expanded him into a story inbetween ep 3 and 4.

1st Yoda vs Sidious EP 3- amazing battle and sidious's laugh is funny and when Yoda get's his revenge his alugh turns into a sort of cry! Haha

2nd Anakin v Obi Wan EP U should know- very well done fight with a very interesting battle ground

3 Qui gon and Obi Wan v Maul- nice battle ground and cool double lightsaber. Interesting when the yahve the red shields aswell.

That's mine. :)

Archived