1. 1. When should K3 start

• after K2
    • Between K1 and K2
    • Befor K1
    • Dont care

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A more appropriate poll would be "when should k3 be released?" That way we could discuss impatience for release over quality of gameplay.

Back on subject...

It would be stupid to do anything other than after k2, what with all this hinting about the True Sith, we wanna fight em! :twogun:

It should be 3-5 yrs after TSL to put enough space between the last and the latest stories. This will give the characters from the Sith Lords time to grow into their roles in the New Jedi Order and give a more in depth backstory to you, your party members and the universe (specifically how it unfolded to the point where your assistance to save it or your passion to conquer it is necessary).

Anywhere between two months and two years after TSL, and more than a year might be pushing it. One year passes between "Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi". The timeline between KotOR2 and KotOR3 would seem to be even shorter, since the major characters do not need to grow much (as Luke did) in time for the next "episode".

I would want it to take place after TSL. I would say within 5 years. In order to keep some cheese out of the story, it may be necessary to let a few years go by before picking up the story again. If you start out right after The Exile leaves, what possible story can you have that won't be you going off any looking for The Exile or Revan. I would imagine the story would have to take place a while later, and there would be things that The Exile and Revan did that you would learn about (but would have happened before). Perhaps they would both be dead by now. I don't know.

Archived