Home

Sony Cuts Price of PlayStation 3

The Source

^^^^

Yeah. The price is still pretty high. I am buying a new computer next Thursday or Friday. The computer I have now has been a really great system for the past two years. If you are using your computer for games, you have to keep upgrading your specs. If you are using your computer for production work, you don't have to upgarde for at least five to six years. Since I am using my computer for both, I am trying to stay on top of things. MS Vista will be out next year, so I am looking for a computer that will hand the new OS. If I am going to buy anything for $300+, I will invest the money towards a new computer.

All and all, I think this article is good news. In Japan, they seem to be having a console sale problem. I think Wii's price will make it come out on top; however, Playstation 3 and XBox 360 will be neck to neck to the end. We could be looking at a three way tie. Now a days, people seem to be buying more than one console.

The price drop is only effective in Japan ONLY. Price drops don't matter in Japan, price drops matter in OTHER countries though. You're on the right track Sony, but your aim needs a bit of work.

And just so you guys don't think I'm some Nintendo fanboy taking a stab at Sony, I'm barely accepting the 250USD price point, but I'm extremely pissed off at the 400AUD launch price for Wii.

Though I wont be buying one on launch, after seeing the Final Fantasy XIII trailer I have put the ps3 back on my list of things to get :p As this game probably wont make it to Oz til late 07-early 2008, thats plenty of time for the ps3's price to drop. In the meantime, my SLI PC pwnz j00 all ;)

*continues waiting fo NWN2*

mtfbwya

Archived