Home

[PC] Jade Empire General Discussion {no spoilers}

Pavlos

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I should stoping looking on this thread... Didnt got my copy yet... :(

I added a no poislers tag to the thread title. If people want to start discussing the storyline, they can start another thread :)

Now that we have a forum to discuss video games, there is no point in keeping it all in one thread and ending with monster threads like the nwn2 and the Oblivion ones :)

Now after installing XP 3 times to get it to work, downloading a few 100MB to get dirextx 9.0c to work, Jade Empire WORKS!

And it's a great game, I just love the style of the game. The combat is quite cool too, a very good example that real time combat works well in story driven RPGs.

But the china - mystic flair is by far the best thing in Jade empire. Bioware ftw.

Succes!!!

I added a new fighting style to the game! The Monkey Paw style!

It works perfect! Just like all the other styles.

- Ghost Down

This is nice. I got that style and rhyno style, crescend double swords, the eye of the dragon double swords, emeperor staff and dual hammers as reward. :redbounc:

Yeah, I finished it in 12 hours. But then again. I found the fighting to be really easy.

Darn, man. I'm somewhere in the middle of Chapter 3, and according to my latest savegame, i've been playing for 21 hours already. :smash:

And i found the fighting to be easy aswell (at master difficutly).

• 5 months later...

So, I've finally played Jade Empire. *lag*

Sky and Radiant Jen Zi, YES!!:D

I must admit, the speed of things after Chapter 3 took me by surprise. When I was browsing, I was pretty shocked that people could finish it in 26 hours on average. Once I hit Chapter 4, could see the reason though.

I tinkered with the 2da to alter Dawn Star to use Wu the Lotus Blossom's model. Looks very much better that way:P

It was a great game though!:) Ancient mystical China, huzzah!

I was pretty shocked that people could finish it in 26 hours on average. Once I hit Chapter 4, could see the reason though.

This is pretty odd. I've heard many people talk about the game's length and either I was abnormally slow/terrible at combat (I liked jumping over their heads and dodging a lot) or the game really is ~39 hours long and everyone else is doing it wrong :xp:.

This is pretty odd. I've heard many people talk about the game's length and either I was abnormally slow/terrible at combat (I liked jumping over their heads and dodging a lot) or the game really is ~39 hours long and everyone else is doing it wrong :xp:.

My first playthrough took roughly 42 hours and the second took 40, so if you're playing slowly you're not alone at least. :) I usually tend to roam around a lot an explore all areas of a game enjoying the visuals and looking for every side quest I can find. I sometimes also reload certain scenes to see what different outcomes you can get depending on your choices. I guess that could slow the playing down a bit. :)

I found battles in Master mode pretty ok, with decent amounts of dodging for the heck of it:p Except the crazy battle in the arena's Gold division, when they throw everyone at you for the heck of it. I didn't have a levelled up weapons style to use on the elephant demon at the time, meh.

I'm regretting not seeing what the response to "A rendezvous with the Princess? How scandalous!" Maybe on my next play through:p Two Rivers, and parts of the Imperial City are really pretty!:)

Phoenix style? What's that?:p Sounds cool though!

It's the "style" the ninja-like opponent in the arena uses when you've nearly defeated her. She bangs her fist in the ground producing several clones of herself in a circle around the arena who you have to defeat as well. :)

Archived