Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

how about Revan vs. Mandalore? that could be fun

I was thinking about this a while ago to be honest. Though, the battle between Revan and Malak took place on Malachor V as far as I'm aware of.

I would like to see what happened when Revan went to the Unknown Reigons the first time.

Revan didn't go into the unknown regions until AFTER the events of K1. :p

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Montyburns]Excellent....[/Montyburns]

Great to see you work in this mod! I loved the original and the new items it gave. :D

]Besides, how would you suggest the Jedi Exile be portrayed? Given the issues concerning the fact that the player in K2 - Chooses name, appearance and gender? :p

Seen your experience with the camera, you could show a Jedi from behind. Just a Jedi Master Robe with the hood lowered. He/she could have a callsign as 'General' or another nickname. That way, the Exile can make an appearance without ruiining the 'feel' of Kotor 2. :)

If I may put forth some other suggestions: Some canon sources claim Revan caused Malak's jaw Injury. maybe you could implement a 'sparring match' between the two where this happens? This scene isn't described in any canon material, so you could go all-out on it.

The Kotor comics show some new stuff about the known characters from the game. Maybe you could do something with the facts that Mission knew Zayne, or the fact several Jedi Padawans were murdered on Taris?

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck with this mod, and I look forward playing it :)

[Montyburns]Excellent....[/Montyburns]

Seen your experience with the camera, you could show a Jedi from behind. Just a Jedi Master Robe with the hood lowered. He/she could have a callsign as 'General' or another nickname. That way, the Exile can make an appearance without ruiining the 'feel' of Kotor 2. :)

Yeah it seems pretty solid. I'll keep something like that in mind for the future. :p

Progress has been going pretty smoothly. I'm working on a section at the moment that could probably be described as the natural evolution of the "horror" moments from the original BoS, such as when you wake up after fighting Daemon Drexel. Scary stuff. :p

WOW AWESOME. I love he sound of his, it would be a great mod. I was wondering if you were making a sequel because mainly that you don't find out a lot of stuff about Matilda. Can't wait, but I guess we shouldn't get too excited, it could probably take around the same time as the original brotherhood of shadow, perhaps longer. You always amaze me with your ideas and creations on mods. :D I'll be following this.

WOW AWESOME. I love he sound of his, it would be a great mod. I was wondering if you were making a sequel because mainly that you don't find out a lot of stuff about Matilda. Can't wait, but I guess we shouldn't get too excited, it could probably take around the same time as the original brotherhood of shadow, perhaps longer. You always amaze me with your ideas and creations on mods. :D I'll be following this.

Actually in the original BoS, Matilda was probably the most deeply developed character. Did you ever go deeply into the dialogue with her? :p

Information that is somehow meaningful to the story will be iincluded. BoS:SR will include a brand new ending the Matilda's tale, taking the events into consideration that will occur in BoS:SR (The other ending on top of the temple in the original BoS will still be there, if - for example you complete BoS, and then choose not to do any of the BoS:SR's content before you complete the game.)

If you need a new created area , like Malachor , for just a battle I could give it a shot to model one :) , though I'm not sure how Malachor looked like before the Mass Shadow Genarator thingy .

Well aslong the memory stay's within one room area :lol:

Anyway its just an offer .

So far , like I said before , drool-tastic .

If you need a new created area , like Malachor , for just a battle I could give it a shot to model one :) , though I'm not sure how Malachor looked like before the Mass Shadow Genarator thingy .

Well aslong the memory stay's within one room area :lol:

Anyway its just an offer .

So far , like I said before , drool-tastic .

We've discussed this in private now, and come to a satisfactory agreement. :p

Still, I'm not content on revealing what the contents of that agreement were. Such things are hopefully worth saving for future kick-ass trailers. :p

I was thinking about this a while ago to be honest. Though, the battle between Revan and Malak took place on Malachor V as far as I'm aware of.

Revan didn't go into the unknown regions until AFTER the events of K1. :p

Actualy he did after the war he went into the unkwon rejoins and came back as darth revan. That is why he went back as he remembered something he found in the unkown rejoins and either went to investigate it some more or to fight it.

Like Ctrl_Alt_Del I want the Malachor battle.

It's not really the battle I wanna see, it's the moment when Revan ordered the Exile to pull the trigger for the MSG. That said, it would be fun to show some different, apparently disconnected flashbacks that shows important decisions made by Revan during the Mandalorian Wars and on the beggining of the Jedi Civil War. Like him ordering the bombing of one world, or planning a countermeasure against Manaan, if the Selkath ever sided with the Republic.

Progress has been going pretty smoothly. I'm working on a section at the moment that could probably be described as the natural evolution of the "horror" moments from the original BoS, such as when you wake up after fighting Daemon Drexel. Scary stuff. :p

Those scary moments were my favorites...

Those scary moments were my favorites...

Although this time I've changed the way in which those moments were done. With BoS, those moments (Such as where you were being unknowingly followed and stuff) were done through entirely cutscenes, but this time I implemented all those types of moments into normal gameplay, so your not prepared for when these moments may happen.

So say for example, your currently in a room and your heading towards to the exit door, a door which is currently opened. As you approach, suddenly a figure may jolt from one end of the doorway to the other in a split second and then disappear. Moments like that may not seem scary, but when your in a kind of atmosphere that is created in and during the buildup to that particular section of the mod, it gets quite freaky at times.

Horror movie cliches really, but they work surprisingly well within the context of the game. :p

Actualy he did after the war he went into the unkwon rejoins and came back as darth revan. That is why he went back as he remembered something he found in the unkown rejoins and either went to investigate it some more or to fight it.

Revan's transition to "Darth Revan" was because of - or at least partly because of the discovery of Malachor V, and the Trayus Academy. Which is somewhere in the Outer Rim. Here, Revan learned of the existence of the so called "True Sith" that await in the Unknown Regions, then after the events of K1, Revan THEN went into the Unknown Regions to face this threat. It was one of those K2 recons I believe. :p

So say for example, your currently in a room and your heading towards to the exit door, a door which is currently opened. As you approach, suddenly a figure may jolt from one end of the doorway to the other in a split second and then disappear. Moments like that may not seem scary, but when your in a kind of atmosphere that is created in and during the buildup to that particular section of the mod, it gets quite freaky at times.

Yes, psicologic horror is the best, and the scariest. Anyone who played a Silent Hill game will agree.

I'd love to spill the secret that this is all just an excuse to force players to commit unnecessary amounts of "wanton slaughter" through the destruction of droids.... Oh, wait. :p

Yes, there will be many new and exciting ways to kick over droids in BoS:SR. Such things are the highlight of any mod. :p

Hi Silver this sounds terrific. I must admit that I have yet to try the original BoS, but everything I read about it tells me I'll love it. This looks like it will be going along the same lines.

One extremely redundant question. I have an extremely modified game; Clonetroopers replacing republic soldiers, custom PC heads, Jabba's palace, Exar Kun's tomb, movie robes on the jedi, new lightsabers, custom HK-47 skin, etc. I downloaded the TSL patcher like you recommended back in the original BoS thread, do you forsee any problems with BoS and Solomon's Revenge and what I got if I install everything using the patcher?

On Malak's jaw, didn't Malak lose his jaw when he dueled Revan to see who would be Dark lord of the Sith following the Mandalorian War? I'm sure I read that's the reason for Malak's injury somewhere a long time ago, though I can't begin to recall from where.

Thanks for the response Omega.

Yeah I have the separate patcher, if it is a modder's resource then I suppose it won't be of much use to me huh? Guess I'll delete it...

Isn't the exe in BoS a patcher install? Wouldn't this merge the new entries into my existing 2das, global jrls, etc?

Anyway I apologize for strying off topic with this. Aside from my previous comment about the origin of Malak's missing jaw, I really love the idea of psychological horror; I guess as much as that can apply in SW. Just me but not keen on the idea of having the Exile or referencing him/her (I hate K2), again just me. I'm intrigued as to how you'll proceed with Solomon's story arc, you mention he's not evil and yet he is the main "villain"; in a world as balck and white as SW (Jedi, Sith), I'm curious what you have in store for him and how he'll be the opposition and not actually evil.

Thanks for the response Omega.

Yeah I have the separate patcher, if it is a modder's resource then I suppose it won't be of much use to me huh? Guess I'll delete it...

Isn't the exe in BoS a patcher install? Wouldn't this merge the new entries into my existing 2das, global jrls, etc?

Anyway I apologize for strying off topic with this. Aside from my previous comment about the origin of Malak's missing jaw, I really love the idea of psychological horror; I guess as much as that can apply in SW. Just me but not keen on the idea of having the Exile or referencing him/her (I hate K2), again just me. I'm intrigued as to how you'll proceed with Solomon's story arc, you mention he's not evil and yet he is the main "villain"; in a world as balck and white as SW (Jedi, Sith), I'm curious what you have in store for him and how he'll be the opposition and not actually evil.

I believe that good villains are ones that have a understandable and justifiable cause for their "evil-doings" rather then just being evil for the sake of being evil *cough*Darth Malak*cough*. So, within the context of the mod's story line, time will be spent fleshing out the motives and choices made by the villian to give the player a deeper understanding of the events that they are involved in.

Think "Colonel Kurtz" from Apocalypse now, and your somewhat on the right track. :p

I'm available to do some voice acting, should you require it later, specially if you need a voice with some accent.

When voice acting is required, I'll post the information in this thread. I'm just intent on making sure that all the information and dialogue I have wrote in my 60 page+ Word document is final, before I commit to sorting out the voice work. :p

Archived