Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few more screenshots of the temple area shown in one of my previous posts. The third screenshot has some temp dialogue activated, just ignore it. :p

- Screenshot 1

- Screenshot 2

- Screenshot 3

- Screenshot 4

It's been pretty interesting to work on this area, the whole visual style of the reskin, and the nature of what's placed within it were actually inspired by an opening scene from a movie I watched a few weeks ago. :p

Also, I've done some counting. BoS:SR should actually be much longer then the original BoS. The original BoS had 11 custom modules overall, currently BoS:SR has 30, which is more then double. :p

A few more screenshots of the temple area shown in one of my previous posts. The third screenshot has some temp dialogue activated, just ignore it. :p

- Screenshot 1

- Screenshot 2

- Screenshot 3

- Screenshot 4

It's been pretty interesting to work on this area, the whole visual style of the reskin, and the nature of what's placed within it were actually inspired by an opening scene from a movie I watched a few weeks ago. :p

Also, I've done some counting. BoS:SR should actually be much longer then the original BoS. The original BoS had 11 custom modules overall, currently BoS:SR has 30, which is more then double. :p

Looking as good as ever S9 - any clue's as to what that film was? :xp:

Looking as good as ever S9 - any clue's as to what that film was? :xp:

The film was "Bram Stoker's Dracula" by Francis Ford Coppola. I've managed to find some screencaps of the scene itself, here and here. :)

11 + 30=41 (May increase) modules in your mod and there are 92 modules in the game if I counted right.

You have almost created a half KotOR game with your modding :lol:

One simple word: WoW :thmbup1:

That's true, but length also should be measured by the amount of the content in each module. It's quite possible that a mod with 10 modules could be longer then one with 30 modules.

The film was "Bram Stoker's Dracula" by Francis Ford Coppola. I've managed to find some screencaps of the scene itself, here and here. :)

Ah right, thanks for the films shout, I was expecting you to be all mysterious :p Good work, certainly looks good, and you picked a good film (and scenes) to be inspired by! :)

That's true, but length also should be measured by the amount of the content in each module. It's quite possible that a mod with 10 modules could be longer then one with 30 modules.

True, some modules in KotOR is extremly small and contains almost nothing like Gadon's Quarters and Sith Governor's Chambers: One dialog, a fight, some looting and done :lol:

Hi, I have recently played you BoS and man, it was better than my expectatives for it. I love the way you made it, because you deep worked in a plot, not just created a reskinned and combat mod, and I was amazed by the cinematographic experience that was better than game itself.... And it fills the hole we always wanted to see aboout Revan's past. Very good indeend!

Also you created unique characters, I enjoyed very much the very well different kind of characters of the Orion, not just blank characters (Drix, the captain, the great Mechanic, the jawa and the gamorrean or the strange mandalorian and the bith crew member), and I finished it wanting more of that. I was sad when the crew was slained, but well, that's the story and I enjoyed every bit of it.

May I add any questions/suggestions?:

It would be good if you put some option to break the dialogue and save the game, because when I played it, I needed to go out, or I received a call or something and I couldn't stop it.

Also, it could be great if you create really good characters and make them confroct each other, so the player be really sad to be forced to kill a character that likes him.

Good idea the scaring atmosphere, as you pointed in the original: In space, nobody can hear your screams....

You are getting deep in the Revan background history, so there are several points:

The Mandalorian Wars

I see you are going back to past and revive this conflict in different escenarios, hope you could achieve the myth and mass expectative that we all hope when we think in this War. It's like when we thought in the Clone Wars when we neve see it.

Mandalore the Ultimate

Great job creating the character, and also the mask and the armour. May I suggest to make the armour in red or golden colour? I think it will fit better. Also, as Matilda said, Mandalore got his arm cut off and decapitated. Will we see that gruesome death? Wow....

Matilda

She was an intriging character, I'm looking forward her development, and to see how ends everything.

Darth Malak

It could be great seeing this characters more developed than in the (I'm the bad guy) main game, not only his jaw injury (I don't know if it's going to be seen thant). I think this character needs help to be more charismatic. But the problem is the voice.....

The Jedi Order and Dantooine

Will we see more of the Jedi? Maybe some of the Jedi that we see in TSL? Or how survived Master Vandar.... Maybe Malak himself was at Dantooine to destroy it's surface, and he landed to destroy any Jedi survivors he could find. That would explain why he wasn't at the Leviathan when Revan was captured.... It could be interesting....

The Exile

The canon says that SHE was a Jedi, but I agree that in SR, this character (if it's going to make an appear) should remain in the shadow, not seen, maybe a misterious figure, with jedi robes and hood, or an armour, or disguised as Sith....

Also, any chance to see Bao Dur or Canderous during the mandalorian battles?

The Siths

It will be so great if we see something like the originis of the Darth Revan's Sith, with Malak, Bandon, Kreia, Sion and some knowledge and development for the poor developed Nihilus....

Characters of the original game

I know you don't want to use these characters because the voice speech (oh, great work in searching the dialogue for Bastila), but you could use the non english speeches of T3-M4 or Zaalbar. Also, it would be so great to see HK-47 serving Revan and discovering what mission made him to get lost and sold to Yuka Laka on Tatooine... Also, as the character of Revan will be in the conflict with Matilda, the maing game group could also do another quest as sub-plot of the main BoS II plot.

Also I suggest to recruit to this plot the character of Suvam Tan, because was one of the few interesting non-playable characters of the main game. Or maybe the funny Deadeye Duncan, or the traitorous Hulas the GenoHaradan....

Voice acting

I'm studying and preparing myself to be a professional voice actor, but I live in Spain, so I work over foreign movies and series and translate them to spanish, and my english really suck. If you need some voice acting of a very bad english talking or another language for the mod, just tell me.

I'm waiting this release to continue my game, as I don't want to go further the game until this release is out. Only a question.... I have played the Drix quest and the main quest, also used all the dialogue-flashback options. Is there more? Will Matilda be with me at the Unknown World and the Star Forge? Does she join us until the end or there is more things to discover at those moments?

Thanks for all and great work!!!!

Firstly making a mod should be to how you (the creator) would perceive it, and if need be listen to suggestions later. ;)

I think some of these points are beyond the scope of Silver's project (for starters i think Matilda is enough of a recruit, why need more?). I think Silver already has his plot for the mod standardised and ironed out and adding any irrelevant bits could ruin the cinematic feel to the mod or create contradictions here and there in his project. But it is Silver's (and Quanons, to a degree) project so i guess it is up to him what content will be seen in BOS:SR. ;)

BTW very nice work on the Lehon Rakatan Temple reskins, it looks like you'll be adding quite a lot of intersting content to Korriban - which is good as i personally found it boring; apart from Uthar whom i thought was completely kick-ass! :D

Like the homage to Bram Stoker's Dracula, I can't wait to find out what all those dead Rakatan are about. :)

Firstly making a mod should be to how you (the creator) would perceive it, and if need be listen to suggestions later. ;)

I think some of these points are beyond the scope of Silver's project (for starters i think Matilda is enough of a recruit, why need more?). I think Silver already has his plot for the mod standardised and ironed out and adding any irrelevant bits could ruin the cinematic feel to the mod or create contradictions here and there in his project. But it is Silver's (and Quanons, to a degree) project so i guess it is up to him what content will be seen in BOS:SR. ;)

BTW very nice work on the Lehon Rakatan Temple reskins, it looks like you'll be adding quite a lot of intersting content to Korriban - which is good as i personally found it boring; apart from Uthar whom i thought was completely kick-ass! :D

Like the homage to Bram Stoker's Dracula, I can't wait to find out what all those dead Rakatan are about. :)

Of course, I never had the intention to say to Silver how his mod has to be. I have full trust he will do a very great work, just as in BoS.

I'm not suggesting using more characters to recruit, sorry if I didn't explained it better, I only suggested to use some of the game characters for the plot, nothing else.

Of course, I only suggested things for SIlver to think about, if one of them could make him improve the mod as he likes to the best, or if one of them could suggest him a better idea, well.... I only don't want to remain quiet as I like his way of work very much.

Thanks for the comment. ANd I agree with the Temple, very good job, and with the Dracula and his impalation ambience....

Dracula + Usual SUspects + Apocalypse Now + KoTOR + BoS = Heaven

I think this has been answered though my money would be on the money being inspired by the name of the lawyer in the Usual Suspects.

Correct, there are lots of subtle movie references here and there. :p

Hi, I have recently played you BoS and man, it was better than my expectatives for it. I love the way you made it, because you deep worked in a plot, not just created a reskinned and combat mod, and I was amazed by the cinematographic experience that was better than game itself.... And it fills the hole we always wanted to see aboout Revan's past. Very good indeend!

Also you created unique characters, I enjoyed very much the very well different kind of characters of the Orion, not just blank characters (Drix, the captain, the great Mechanic, the jawa and the gamorrean or the strange mandalorian and the bith crew member), and I finished it wanting more of that. I was sad when the crew was slained, but well, that's the story and I enjoyed every bit of it.

May I add any questions/suggestions?:

It would be good if you put some option to break the dialogue and save the game, because when I played it, I needed to go out, or I received a call or something and I couldn't stop it.

Also, it could be great if you create really good characters and make them confroct each other, so the player be really sad to be forced to kill a character that likes him.

Good idea the scaring atmosphere, as you pointed in the original: In space, nobody can hear your screams....

You are getting deep in the Revan background history, so there are several points:

The Mandalorian Wars

I see you are going back to past and revive this conflict in different escenarios, hope you could achieve the myth and mass expectative that we all hope when we think in this War. It's like when we thought in the Clone Wars when we neve see it.

Mandalore the Ultimate

Great job creating the character, and also the mask and the armour. May I suggest to make the armour in red or golden colour? I think it will fit better. Also, as Matilda said, Mandalore got his arm cut off and decapitated. Will we see that gruesome death? Wow....

Matilda

She was an intriging character, I'm looking forward her development, and to see how ends everything.

Darth Malak

It could be great seeing this characters more developed than in the (I'm the bad guy) main game, not only his jaw injury (I don't know if it's going to be seen thant). I think this character needs help to be more charismatic. But the problem is the voice.....

The Jedi Order and Dantooine

Will we see more of the Jedi? Maybe some of the Jedi that we see in TSL? Or how survived Master Vandar.... Maybe Malak himself was at Dantooine to destroy it's surface, and he landed to destroy any Jedi survivors he could find. That would explain why he wasn't at the Leviathan when Revan was captured.... It could be interesting....

The Exile

The canon says that SHE was a Jedi, but I agree that in SR, this character (if it's going to make an appear) should remain in the shadow, not seen, maybe a misterious figure, with jedi robes and hood, or an armour, or disguised as Sith....

Also, any chance to see Bao Dur or Canderous during the mandalorian battles?

The Siths

It will be so great if we see something like the originis of the Darth Revan's Sith, with Malak, Bandon, Kreia, Sion and some knowledge and development for the poor developed Nihilus....

Characters of the original game

I know you don't want to use these characters because the voice speech (oh, great work in searching the dialogue for Bastila), but you could use the non english speeches of T3-M4 or Zaalbar. Also, it would be so great to see HK-47 serving Revan and discovering what mission made him to get lost and sold to Yuka Laka on Tatooine... Also, as the character of Revan will be in the conflict with Matilda, the maing game group could also do another quest as sub-plot of the main BoS II plot.

Also I suggest to recruit to this plot the character of Suvam Tan, because was one of the few interesting non-playable characters of the main game. Or maybe the funny Deadeye Duncan, or the traitorous Hulas the GenoHaradan....

Voice acting

I'm studying and preparing myself to be a professional voice actor, but I live in Spain, so I work over foreign movies and series and translate them to spanish, and my english really suck. If you need some voice acting of a very bad english talking or another language for the mod, just tell me.

I'm waiting this release to continue my game, as I don't want to go further the game until this release is out. Only a question.... I have played the Drix quest and the main quest, also used all the dialogue-flashback options. Is there more? Will Matilda be with me at the Unknown World and the Star Forge? Does she join us until the end or there is more things to discover at those moments?

Thanks for all and great work!!!!

The plot itself is solidified, and the main quest itself isn't that far away from being all there content wise to play through from start to finish, so no details will be changed at this stage.

The Mandalorian Wars stuff, whilst interesting as a standalone thing - Only serves to visually show or highlight points illustrated in the the present day main plot. There are four flashbacks in the mod total, two of those take place in the Mandalorian Wars (Malachor and Taris).

Mandalore the Ultimate's appearance has been finalized, and will be as you've seen in the screenshots I've posted.

Matilda and her relationships with people serves as the core of Solomon's Revenge. She has lots of character development over the course of the mod.

Malak is only featured in the Malachor flashback, there's no real need or logical reason for him to be featured anywhere else.

Those are events that sound interesting, but they have no purpose within the plot of Solomon's Revenge. The same can be said for your Sith origin suggestions.

The Exile has no reason to be featured either, and is more trouble then it's worth anyway.

Unlike the original BoS, other characters can accompany you in the BoS:SR Main quest - But they really only offer battle support in some battles, due to the difficulties surrounding dialogue.

No more recruits, but you will play as different characters at different stages. The stealth section featuring the droid is just one of them.

Like everyone else, your welcome to audition for voice acting when that stage of the project is reached.

And at the end of the original BoS, Matilda leaves you during a point on the unknown planet. When BoS:SR is installed, due to events that transpire during the main plot - She won't accompany you to the unknown planet (Which in turn will fix the Bastila torture bug). And before anyone asks, does that mean she dies? Who knows? :o

The plot itself is solidified, and the main quest itself isn't that far away from being all there content wise to play through from start to finish, so no details will be changed at this stage.

That's great, it sound like a solid plot is being created and near to be finished

The Mandalorian Wars stuff, whilst interesting as a standalone thing - Only serves to visually show or highlight points illustrated in the the present day main plot. There are four flashbacks in the mod total, two of those take place in the Mandalorian Wars (Malachor and Taris).

Wow wow wow, too much information!!! Good thinking, not being deeply involved into battle, looking forward to see how the war atmposphere will be

Matilda and her relationships with people serves as the core of Solomon's Revenge. She has lots of character development over the course of the mod.

I liked the character but wanted to know more about her, so, I'm glad to hear that!!

Malak is only featured in the Malachor flashback, there's no real need or logical reason for him to be featured anywhere else.

Good enough! I think you are not going to spend too much time in historic events and that's good, just tell your history

Those are events that sound interesting, but they have no purpose within the plot of Solomon's Revenge. The same can be said for your Sith origin suggestions.

Yeah, fair enough

The Exile has no reason to be featured either, and is more trouble then it's worth anyway.

If that has no purposse or don't fit well, then that's the best choice

Unlike the original BoS, other characters can accompany you in the BoS:SR Main quest - But they really only offer battle support in some battles, due to the difficulties surrounding dialogue.

No more recruits, but you will play as different characters at different stages.

It's a pity the dialogue problem, but it's good to hear the implementation of new characters. As far I have seen your work, I like the way you create the characters. And as I can see, the plot will be interesting if we can play as different characters....

Like everyone else, your welcome to audition for voice acting when that stage of the project is reached.

Thank you!

And before anyone asks, does that mean she dies? Who knows? :o

Cliff hang - Good work!

Thanks for your answers

And at the end of the original BoS, Matilda leaves you during a point on the unknown planet. When BoS:SR is installed, due to events that transpire during the main plot - She won't accompany you to the unknown planet (Which in turn will fix the Bastila torture bug). And before anyone asks, does that mean she dies? Who knows? :o

Oh gosh... part of me says 'Oh no!" ...while the other says "Ahah! Mwahahaha!" ('tis a DS:F thing)

It's all sounding wonderful, Silver. I can't help but wonder at your stamina! I particularly like the part about playing other toons aside from Revan. I definitely look forward to the new quests - it sounds like you've got some really creative ideas in there. Above all... I'm lookin’ foreword to sniffin out all those subtle little jokes you infuse into your work ^.^

In a word; Tasty!

Go-Silver-Go-Silver-GO!

~Pap~

Archived