Home

[K1] Sleheyron Restoration

Sithspecter

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright. I'll PM you with my email and be sure to put appropriate credit in the readme.

Don't worry about sticking me in the readme, it's only a small job - Sleyheyron is your baby, I'm just happy to help it progress in my own small way.

Ooohh, moving traffic !

Is that a placeable ? Or did you add an animation to your area model ?

And how did you make it work :p

Well, I took the Taris ships (Taris has ships too if you didn't notice) and I retextured the model so that the Taris buildings (Flat planes with building textures) were transparent. Then I added it to the layout file. But, KotOR crashes when I try to exit, so I've made it a placeable, but I need a script to animate it... Anyway it wasn't too hard.

@J7: I will anyway, because it's just not right not to include you.

Well, I took the Taris ships (Taris has ships too if you didn't notice) and I retextured the model so that the Taris buildings (Flat planes with building textures) were transparent. Then I added it to the layout file. But, KotOR crashes when I try to exit, so I've made it a placeable, but I need a script to animate it... Anyway it wasn't too hard.

Good thinking SS :)

No idea why the thing crashes... or how to help you out on it :s

Hopefully my placeable workaround will work. If it doesn't, I'm going to be angry... Anyway, it should work with the placeable., right now it's not crashing, but the ships aren't moving yet, cause they need a script to activate the animation.

Umm... Not too much. There's really not a whole lot on Sleheyron, but it's run by the Hutts, and there are four of them. It's a highly industrial planet that has many shipyards and docks. The entertainment is centered around the gladiator games, in which the Hutts pit mercs or slaves vs. each other in large arenas making huge profits off of bets and gambling. Also Czerka and Aratech roots, with some mining operations. Your goal is to find the Star Map. ;) Enough said. Can't give away everything.

Here's an in-game pic from the new area. It's honestly coming along better than expected, and quite a bit faster too. I have a few more buildings to finish, a hallway, and then I'm about done with the first module. All in all, I think I'm about 75% done with this area. Oh, and I'm adding emitters, blaster marks, mars in the ground, just stuff to make it more realistic.

Sleheyron-1.jpg

Men, SS, that looks really really really good :p

Darn, you make feel old :lol: , as I look back to what you produced first, the WWII area to what you're doing now thats some amazing progress.

Plus all the other great work like animating the cape thing its actually awesome superb progress !

Infact I think I'm actually happy I dropped Sleheyron for what it was.

You're doing a real nice job with it and very faithfull to what little info Bioware has left.

Keep it going !

Men, SS, that looks really really really good :p

Darn, you make feel old :lol: , as I look back to what you produced first, the WWII area to what you're doing now thats some amazing progress.

Keep it going !

Yeah, I know. A lot of times, I look back, even in this thread, and see how much I've improved, and it helps me to be motivated. But anyway, I look at the WWII area, and I kinda laugh about it now.

@NightHammer-Very true.

Here's an in-game pic from the new area. It's honestly coming along better than expected, and quite a bit faster too. I have a few more buildings to finish, a hallway, and then I'm about done with the first module. All in all, I think I'm about 75% done with this area. Oh, and I'm adding emitters, blaster marks, mars in the ground, just stuff to make it more realistic.

Sleheyron-1.jpg

SS it's beggining to look EXACTLY like BioWare modules we saw in the screenshots! Amazing work! Whatever you do to make it even better, please do NOT change the floor texture, I think it's perfect now.

Archived