Home

Monopoly: The Movie

SilentScope001

Oh cheese and crust. Clue the movie was good since it reminded me heavily on Agatha Christie's novel Ten Little Indians. But It was so funny as well

I bet Monopoly is going to have some really bad comedy in it. As most comedies these days go the directors are to cheap to hire good writers and comedians to design the script.

Clue was made of win and awesome because A. The cast was awesome as hell B. There was already a basic premise, solve the murder of Mr. Body. The movie took you through that process just as you go through it in the game.

These films will probably fail as no company is willing to apply enough dedication to developing a good script. No way in hell will you see Tim Curry touch any of the comedy movies these days. Especially since the comedy market is dominated by now de-funked comedians like Dane Cook and crappy pop-culture re-references such as Meet the Spartans. "LOL See what I was joking about in this seen? Do you get it? Do you? It's funny because we're talking about something crazy that you remember"

There's a reason why a lot of the good actors, many of us remember from comedy classics, no longer appear in many films (if any). I suppose I should stop this post now before I end up with one of those "Force Long Posts" about my issues with the movie industry.

Especially since the comedy market is dominated by now de-funked comedians like Dane Cook

I actually still like Dane Cook. I have been a slight fan of his since I watched Employee of the Month.

Anyway most great comedy actors get older. Most comedy actors nowadays aren't actual comedians like Jim Carry and Robin Williams. But actors trying to be funny. Now there are actors who are naturally funny and don't need to be comedians to make the movie very great. (Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson). But most people don't actually have natural talent to be funny on screen and over try.

Back to the current topic on Monopoly. I wonder how they are going to work out a plot with it. Since all you do in monopoly is move around a board in a weird little figure and buy property.

....I suppose I should stop this post now before I end up with one of those "Force Long Posts" about my issues with the movie industry.

dont generalise! Its just Hollywood that has gone astray in magnificent fashion. Europe, Asia, South America, even Scandinavia have some great directors and writers seeing unique visions through, not making cinema based on a flippin board game :( ! :p

mtfbwya

dont generalise! Its just Hollywood that has gone astray in magnificent fashion. Europe, Asia, South America, even Scandinavia have some great directors and writers seeing unique visions through, not making cinema based on a flippin board game :( ! :p

Lies. Europe and Asia have plenty of ****ty movies too. Don't make me get some IMDB up in this.

But I do agree US cinema has gone to ****, with about 88% of it being completely useless bunk.

God you've lowered your standards recently but this takes the biscuit. :)

It'll be a series of hotel owners who constantly bet, loose everything resulting in the losses of their entire businesses leading them into a drug induced trance where massive boots, tophats and yorkshire terriors reign supreme.

Note to terrorists: Nuke hollywood first please. Thanks. :) (joking, dont hurt me!)

Seriously though, Could we please just fire everyone over there and get new people? Disband all those useless unions?

Honestly... Monopoly the Movie? Get Jim Carrey to do his ace ventura voices for the movie and *maybe* Ill consider seeing it...

God... this is why I stopped going to movies and watching tv for the most part. >.<

Archived