Home

Disgruntled LucasArts Employees Leak Upcoming Titles...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All fun aside, I'd hate to see the Kotor franchise destroyed by this. Galaxies failed because of the Jedi unbalance thing. If I may speak for myself, I love to roleplay in the Kotor games. Single saber, special behaviour. This will be gone if it turns MMO. Idiots will then raid Darth Poodiaper for the Lightsaber of +9 vs Long Haired legomorphs. Not cool. World of Warcraft shows a franchise can keep it's magic as an MMO. Conan does this as well. Too bad Star Wars has this Jedi dudes everyone wants to play.

It is true that Galaxies was ruined, but while Jedi admittedly ωere one of the more visually degrading problems, Galaxies failed because of a great many things. Jedi were not by a long shot the worst thing about it.

I played Galaxies for a long time, didn't mind the Jedi thing at all really. Jedi are a nessicary part of a Star Wars game, and it wasn't easy to achieve at least. Lot of people going after Jedi-ness with crazed fervor, but plenty of people that weren't too. They just needed to balance the Jedi classes. What killed Galaxies for me was the point when they decided to tear out the numerous mix and match classes and replace them with the 9 overly-simplistic and pretty much identical "movie-based" classes. Still can't wrap my head around them gutting the entire core of the game to replace it with something completely different.

But that's not really the point of the topic...

I don't believe this at all. There are most certainly NDA issues, and you can get in a lot of trouble for spreading this kind of info. LA has plenty of resources at their disposal to press charges. I doubt even a "disgruntled employee" would be stupid enough to put themselves at risk with the law, especially not for stuff that people either assume is coming (Battlefield 3) or that there are already rumors about (KOTOR MMO).

The sources aren't exactly reliable, either.

....i think the mmo will be set during the new sith wars.

You mean post NJO Legacy era or Cade Skywalker Legacy era?? I quite doubt they would go with a totally new EU area for something as big as an MMO >>there'd have to be some degree of familiarity with the EU?? Then again, KOTOR era was EU long before it became a game. If anyone can pull it off, BioWare can :D

mtfbwya

yes. the new sith wars started 2000 BBY and lasted for about 1000 years. it was after this that the jedi thought the sith to be extinct (hence Ki Adi Mundi saying "The Sith have been extinct for over a millennium" in TPM) but as we know Darth Bane, one of the few sith survivors, went into hiding and employeed the rule of two and set the wheels in motion so that one day the sith would have revenge and rule the galaxy again.

anyway... a 1000 year war gives plenty of scope for a mmo to be set within that era

Yeah those sources are really trustworthy! If it was on anything like CNN or BBC it'd be pooping it, but this just smells like another rumour mill, the shift in employees probably has nothing to do with it because them announcing that LA is working on a KotOR 3 MMO and BF3 without any solid evidence is just bollocks, anyone could have said that, anywhere...

Unless it comes straight from LA or BioWare, I'm dicarding everything else as pure cr** :carms:

I'll take it all with a mountain of salt until it is confirmed officially.

Seeing as it is Bioware making the mmo, this might be the next mmo I get to bite my teeth into. I'm fine with both, because I accepted awhile ago that a Kotor III was never going to be made.

MMO is a brilliant business move on their part and it will give them a ton of money to work with to put towards other game series, like the Mass Effect trilogy.

lol, You make it sound like I'm part of the vast conspiracy, Neg. The second one was posted just because people were not getting through on the first one.

hehe it's ok I was just pointing out my reasons for not trusting it and clinging to the hope of a SP KotOR 3...

Seeing as it is Bioware making the mmo, this might be the next mmo I get to bite my teeth into. I'm fine with both, because I accepted awhile ago that a Kotor III was never going to be made.

:drop2: No longer shall I write the name True_Avery as thou art no longer a true believer in KotOR 3. From henceforth I will call thee False_Avery. :xp:

He's manipulating you. Resist it! He is part of the conspiracy.
His elves are in on it too! :D

Getting back on topic, I don't expect we'll see LucasArts' true intentions with their internal development efforts for a while. Since I haven't found any reports ,that I consider reliable, as to the number of LucasArts employees let go in this latest reorganization I've decided to take Ms. Grohne at her word though with some degree of skepticism. Hopefully one of these days, perhaps during the E3 timeframe, the new LucasArts president will grant an interview to some gaming news org and shed some light on his plan for LucasArts.

Archived