Home

Xbox 360 or PS3?

Rev7

360 or PS3  

73 members have voted

1. 1. 360 or PS3

I am thinking about getting an Xbox 360 soon and I was wondering which one you think is better & why?

I have done a little bit of research, and I found out that statistic wise the PlayStation 3 is a little bit better. Faster I guess. To me the graphics are pretty similar. But it is a lot more expensive than the 360. Just curious on what you guys/gals think. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, I'm no expert on consoles, but here's what I know.

The Xbox 360 is a fairly popular console and the multiplayer is bigger from what I can tell. But I'd go for a PS3, personally. It's seen a lot of growth lately and has a lot of exclusive games. If you have a decent computer, many Xbox 360 games are available for the PC as well (or Microsoft makes them available sooner or later).

And Halo is nothing special.

QFE. It's not special, it's just the overblown, overhyped sequel to an equally overblown, overhyped series of so-so generic shooters.

But, my vote is still for the Xbox 360. Anyone who judges the 360 simply because of Halo is just stupid (not that i'm saying you did, Schmorgy :)).

I don't care if the PS3 has a blu-ray player - although that would be about the only reason i'd buy one, seeing as the games are, well, crap.

360 ftw, all ps3 has done is made the TFU a year late, and kidnapped blue ray, the free online stuff is great in writing but they will provide no support, and from what my friend tells me theres never anyone online anyway. And apart from being XBOX since day 1, PS have no games I'd play anyway. 360 threw there name on the line by manning up and releasing a next gen console, Sony sat back and watched what problems 360 came across and made sure they didn't make the same ones, but all they did was make a console that was a horror to make games for and nearly lost there place in the market.

Ps2 laughed at xbox1 for there big console, then bought out the 120 lb black brick lol

Plus, Sony can't seem to decide whether they are actually behind the PS3 - they're licensing games for the PS2 for god's sake.

when the 360 came out, Microsoft stopped Xbox games altogether, to focus it's efforts solely on the 360. I think that hasn't helped the PS3's success - and it mostly seems to be Sony fanboys who've bought one anyway.

^^

I whole-heartedly agree with those 2 posts. it seems like Sony doesn't care about it. Microsoft actually took a HUGE risk being the first company to make and release a next-gen console, and to quit production of anything in relation to the XBOX 1, and it payed off, big time.

And, no, Halo 3 isn't anything special, but it's still a good game and fun as online, cos there's always heaps of people on it.

360 ftw, all ps3 has done is made the TFU a year late, and kidnapped blue ray, the free online stuff is great in writing but they will provide no support, and from what my friend tells me theres never anyone online anyway. And apart from being XBOX since day 1, PS have no games I'd play anyway. 360 threw there name on the line by manning up and releasing a next gen console, Sony sat back and watched what problems 360 came across and made sure they didn't make the same ones, but all they did was make a console that was a horror to make games for and nearly lost there place in the market.

Ps2 laughed at xbox1 for there big console, then bought out the 120 lb black brick lol

QFE.

That's everything and exactly what I would say, except you said it first lol.

It depends on what games you want.

Also,

that convince you.

Very funny song. :D Ummm, I would want TFU, a whole bunch of skateboarding games for my brother, CoD4 perhaps, ermmm, along those lines. :)

It really is up to what you want.

Shooters above all else, go 360 (although Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 shows that Sony isn't far behind on that). You like/love eastern RPGs? Then PS3 without a second thought.

That's a simplification, but overly true.

I happen to just own the 360 of the two of them and I can say I'm nowhere as satisfied as I was (and still am) with the PS2. Take that into consideration.

I voted 360, but the only reason I got the 360 was for Mass Effect. If Mass Effect would have been on the PS3, then I guess I would have voted PS3.

I have two 360, because I got the “Red Ring of Death”, while playing Mass Effect and did not have the patience to wait for MS to replace my unit. Overall I’ve been happy with the 360, just wish there was a larger selection of games although I have tried some game I normally wouldn’t play GTA IV, Oblivion and BioShock and have pleasantly been surprised.

oh no, you did not just start the xbox/ps argument off, again :xp:

I voted xbox360 because I've got one, and it's great. I've only ever owned ps1 of the playstation family... and my friend said his crashes a lot. But someone who had an xbox360 also said his crashed a lot. I guess it's just them mishandling their consoles...

All in all, I figure they're pretty similar, except one has a game the other won't.

Well, microsoft has extended the warranty on all Xboxes to about 3 years if they suffer the red ring of death - my Xbox had that problem, after about a year and a half of good runninh. So they sent me a shipping label, I sent it off and it was back three weeks later, good as new.

And they say Microsoft has crap customer service. pfft.

I've only ever owned ps1 of the playstation family... and my friend said his crashes a lot. But someone who had an xbox360 also said his crashed a lot. I guess it's just them mishandling their consoles...

My PS1 lasted for over seven years. My 2004 PS2 lasts 'till today. My Xbox showed the 3RL problem after one year. Based on my personal experiences, Micro$oft can kiss my ass. :xp:

Archived