Home

Best Ending in a Video Game (omg spoilerz)

jrrtoken

I loved the endings of Warcraft III and its expansion pack, but that may have been more because of pretty graphics than for the story content.

Halo's ending was also cool, if you waited through the credits for the little vid at the end.

My favorite video game ending would probably be Final Fantasy X. It packs a lot of emotion.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time also had a great ending with a surprise twist.

Deus Ex: The helios ending was badass.

I agree. That ending was great! A true classic.

Halo's ending was also cool, if you waited through the credits for the little vid at the end.

Again, I agree. Halo 1's ending was great. You just need to wait till the credits finish.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time also had a great ending with a surprise twist.

Agreed. The twist was surprising. Though I like Prince Of Persia The Two Thrones ending more.

FEAR - lets face it, surviving a nuclear blast was incredible. then, you had to see that little girl climbing into your helicopter right at the end just to let you know that its not over. creepy and fitting all at the same time.

You can't disagree with that. And a sequel on the way, I think it will be great! :)

Also, this might be a surprise to some of you, but I liked the ending in KOTOR II. Told you it was shocking :p.

Seriously, its great. Kriea dies, Malachor gets destroyed, and the Ebon Hawk slowly drifts away in unknown space, with the smooth Jedi theme in KOTOR II.

Seriously, its great. Kriea dies, Malachor gets destroyed, and the Ebon Hawk slowly drifts away in unknown space, with the smooth Jedi theme in KOTOR II.

That's a decent ending, definatly better than the dark side ending, which is definatly not worth the 25 hours of gameplay I put into it.

But best ending is probably either JSRF or Psychonauts. JSRF brought me satisfaction and a good conclusion to the story, while Psychonauts concluded a couple loose ends, but still left a little plot ending for the sequal that will never happen.

The games on my list who have some of the best endings:

1) Dues Ex

Kill the machine, take over the world. So many scenarios, so little time. All 4 endings satisfied me.

2) Metroid Prime series

Its.. well, awesome! I usually watch the 100% ending on youtube, because I can't find all the effing upgrades and such. But, still...

Metroid Prime:

After killing the floating tentacle version of Metroid Prime, it tries to take your Phason Suit. It succeeds. Even without watching the 100% ending, I knew that the next antagonist would be Prime.

Echoes:

I had to watch the ending again. I always kinda knew there was gonna be another one (mainly because when I finally finished Echoes, the next game had already been announced :p)

Corruption:

I'm in your space, following the chick in the armor. Who or what could be in that ship?

3) Morrowind

After you start hearing about that one guy (haven't played in ages. I can't remember your PC's title), it becomes obvious that you are that one guy, who has to defeat that guy in the volcano. Still fun.

4) Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Adventure Mode)

You'd think you'd fight Master Hand at the end of the game, right? Wrong. Now, you get to fight some kind of hologram-giant-fairy thing. F*****g tough.

First thing that jumps to mind is "most endings suck".

Then I thought about it for a bit and came up with the "bad" ending of Disgaea where

Laharl sacrifices himself so Flonne can come back.

I think I might have gone a bit teary the first time I saw that to counterbalance all the times I fell out of my chair laughing at Gordon. The "Good" ending isn't quite as dramatic, per se, but it's still good.

That, and the end segment of Mass Effect (I count the end segment as "return to the Citadel" onwards). I know a lot of end sections try to -feel- epic, but Mass Effect is the only one I've run into so far that works it really well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived