Home

President Obama

Dath Maximus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best part: White people no longer have to fear making racist remarks!! YAY!!!

<.<

>.>

Not that that's whats important...

...I am just kidding after all...

Anyways, I do believe we (America) finally did something right. Go Obama!

All joking aside, I am extremely proud of the American people right now.
I'm pretty sure it was my steady stream of campaign contributions that put him over the top, so I'll be more than happy to take the credit :xp:

Side note: The trolls in Kavar's are going to have aneurysms when they find out how many Obama ads they sponsored.

After reading a bit on Wikipedia about Obama's political campaign:

Upon taking office, Obama would join Warren G. Harding and John F. Kennedy as the only sitting senators to ascend to the presidency.

That's a great precedent for Obama to have.

• 2 months later...

The poet that delivered a poem with no discernible rhyme, meter, or use of poetical devices was great.

The priest who provided the benediction afterward, however, was epic.

"AND YELLOW IS MELLOW! BY GOD ALMIGHTY, YELLOW IS MELLOW!"

My dad planted 2 trees today. We jokingly named them Hope and Change.

Also, my dream last night:

I was at a line at the entrance of Wal-Mart, which had been converted into a voting area. There were 2 big boxes on the ceiling, one was red and had a big A on it, and the other was blue and had a big B on it. Obama was in front of me in line, and I started to have a conversation with him. I forget exactly what we said, but during the conversation he said something like "he should have done better in the polls." Then he started walking off, and since he was Obama I started to follow him. After awhile I realized that I wasn't in line anymore, so I had to break away from Obama and go back to the line. When I got back there I looked up at the boxes, then I went to the red one. Under it was a checkout counter with one of those things where you slide your card, and it was asking me questions about voting. Then I woke up.

I'm very proud to be an American today (technically yesterday, but I think I'm still proud). As a person of minority, I felt that our country would never have a non-white be elected in. It's unique that for the first time in history (since we've had planet-destruction-capable weapons), a non-white man is the most powerful person on Earth.

And no, I did not vote for Obama because he was a non-white. The man aligns very closely with my political ideology of liberalism.

Now, I'm just waiting for an atheist, female, Middle Eastern, lesbian, president. That would simply be, as posted above a "combo breaker."

The speech was good - I had it playing in the background as I surfed the web, and after a while I stopped paying attention - it seemed very...redundant? It pretty much emphasized how much deep **** the U.S. is in and how we need to get our act together...oh, and that Obama's president and all.

Was anyone pissed the **** off about the prayer? How the hell is that separation of church and state? This is not a Christian country, nor a country with any official religious affiliation. As an agnostic theist, that disgusted me greatly. I didn't listen to the whole prayer, but the parts I heard at least didn't mention Jesus or any objects of Christianity.

And I mean no offense to any religious individuals. I just find it very insensitive towards atheists and agnostics to have a government-affiliated prayer. And yes, I know Congress does it too. IMO, that's despicable.

- PR-0927

I'm agnostic atheist and I personally have no problem with prayers and stuff in government stuff like that. God being used on money and in the pledge of allegiance doesn't bother me at all. Heck, if we could have a vote on it... I'd support keeping it. Sometimes it's okay to forfeit neutrality if it'll make a whole lot of people happy. You shouldn't piss off believers just because you don't agree with them. (My opinion, but I mention it because it's so atypical.)

But it does bother me that an atheist would never be elected president. That's a bummer.

I agree completely with you TiE. I think we should let people do what they want, within the laws of separation of church and state. A simple prayer seems harmless enough.

So, in other news. I was there. Arrived in DC around 10:30-11 PM on the 19th. It was cold as hell. Yes, hell froze over. I could go into many details about the experience, like how we stole boxes and built box forts on the Mall, but I'll save that for another time. My friends and I were basically homeless, hungry, and cold. One of my friends brought four Lunchables. That **** never tasted so good before.

I enjoyed Obama's speech very much.

Shamelessly stolen from this thread, but this was too funny to not spread it:

obamacut.jpg

Now this is a story all about how

I ascended to the seat of power

If you'll listen for a minute

Hear what I say

I'll tell you how I became President of the U. S. of A.

In west Honolulu, born and raised

In Jakarta, where I spent most of my days

Chillin' out in Chi-Town relaxin' all cool

Organizing communities like I was a fool

When a couple of guys

With a disdain for peace

Started making trouble in the Middle East

They started two little wars and we all got scared

The people said "We need a president who isn't mentally impaired!"

I ran a perfect race, turned red states blue

Swept electoral votes, added Rham to my crew

With a mandate for change and Constitution in hand