Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be one of the few geeks that could not care less about the new Transformer movies. I just have a hard time visualizing the Robots with this new fangled CGI stuff. I liked it better when you had the dated campy animated versions

And Optimus Prime had the awesome Faceshield

*sings*

Resurrected by forces they don't understand.

A powerful hate plague they call "fan-demand"

From his grave-ship soon Optimus Prime then arose

To save us from lame toys with lamer kid's shows.

Those Headmaster/Beast Machines might confuse me,

But with Prime back in charge, it's all good, you'll agree.

Now immortal, his red and bold chassis is seen

On DVD, eBay, and Toyfare magazine!

Now, I'll sing you the ballad of Optimus Prime.

He was the greatest Transformer there were of all time.

He was a big rig, a robot, and a really nice guy.

He was proof that a hero is…

…MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!!!

The Boston Police detonated a "suspicious device" directly outside where I work. Shut down the street I'm on for blocks, and put my building in lockdown... nobody in or out until they gave us the all-clear.

We had a concert starting right at that time... which made getting the audience seated a bit of a challenge.

Video:

http://beta.twiddeo.com/video/?d=5657

Whoo. :dozey:

sounds like a blast, ed!

I can't wait for tomorrow, heading out in a few to pick up some "supplies".

I didn't go running or to the gym today....taking a few days off, planning on pushing harder on my runs when i get back from vacation.

Playing Halo 3 on Legendary, patience seems to be the key to getting anywhere on this mode.

The Boston Police detonated a "suspicious device" directly outside where I work. Shut down the street I'm on for blocks, and put my building in lockdown... nobody in or out until they gave us the all-clear.

We had a concert starting right at that time... which made getting the audience seated a bit of a challenge.

Video:

http://beta.twiddeo.com/video/?d=5657

Whoo. :dozey:

the boston police ****ing rule

the situation:

a query:

the reply:

Still incredibly depressed. Saturday I am seeing an old friend from college. We've sent occasional e-mails since then, but I haven't seen him. Must be six years now. He was pretty much my only friend in college. Everyone else was busy partying or some crap. We were in a lot of the same classes together, and we often discussed religion and classical music. So that should be something, anyway.

I can't wait for this week to be behind me. Blah.

Yesterday: Giant hip-hop concert (with less than half-an-hour to break down from the previous event and setup for the new one... no soundcheck) followed by complex Indian percussion ensemble.

Today: A bunch of giant "blowout" concerts featuring everybody who has played this week. Ugh. Gonna be a long day.

I do have tomorrow off... I should make plans. Some friends want to see Transformers in IMAX... but I'm having trouble mustering enthusiasm for the idea. Didn't really like the first movie...

My actress friend might have some comp tickets to a comedy festival (it's going to be all Asian comedians, I guess...) I'll probably do that instead, especially if she is going to be there.

Oh... and somebody famous might have died. See anything on the news about it yet? :rolleyes:

May God help me.

Next week: My better half is arriving from the US. I finish with a grand event and my job here. Next week: I become a married man. We have a Wedding ceremony with more than 300 guests. Next week: My wife is flying back to the US. Whether I fly with her is still unknown. No visa, no flight tickets, no news from DC. I am happy!

The reason why MJ died was because he went to the Childrens ward at the hospital and had a stroke. Because he was mostly made of plastic they are going to make him into legos so kids can play with him for a change. IN the end tho, he never completed his quest, for a Black man to become a white woman.

Looks like Farrah's dying wish was fulfilled... to keep the children safe

Hey, where are we going and why do I have to go in that handbasket?

News Flash:

We arrived there a long time ago.

Now we are just waiting for our lost luggage to show up. :dozey:

:joy:

I am meeting my actress friend for my birthday tomorrow. She got me a free ticket to that comedy festival. Includes a buffet dinner, too.

Might be fun. Hopefully it is.

I'm trying not to read anything more into this... Just going to try to have a good time, and do something that's out of the ordinary for me...

Just have fun Ed.

As a part time musician (really ****ty musician, but still a musician), I respect Mr. Jackson for everything that he contributed to music.

HOWEVER: Man was creepy. He get's a week reprieve from me before I totally pwn his reputation as a human being.

Yeah... birthdays. :dozey:

I don't mind other people having them... just really don't enjoy them for myself.

Last one of my 30's too. Ugh.

Yesterday at work: Cluster****.

Got through it, though... but didn't get any kind of a break.

Archived