XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haunter_ap is me I am pretty sure......

I'll add you guys this weekend

Couldn't find you... kept coming up: "This Gamertag is not valid..."

I guess I'll have to wait for your invite...

i swear

I almost missed this!

Why, it's Noot!!!

Huh... has he returned, perchance?

So: What's new in the world of Nute?

Oh, right, Superbowl today. Accessing file "IGiveARatsAss"...file not found.

Neither do I... especially when it's not the local team playing.

But I'm still trying to combat my natural anti-social tendencies somewhat (though, not as actively as in years past...) and I'll still usually accept an invite to socialization wherever given.

In related news:

Got a message from the girl I dissed on the train. Apparently she wasn't too upset by it. And she claims she wasn't sure it was me, either...

She said she was kinda out of it at the time, since she was still recovering from a cold or flu she's had for over a week.

That makes me feel a bit less like the biggest tool on the planet... but I still don't really have any hopes for the future on this.

I am getting ready to go out to a superbowl party. Hydrating myself up since I was a bit dehydrated from Curling in a Tourny the last two days... Just drank two quarts of powdered tea drink.

People forget that even the Girls get into the superbowl, or if you don't care for the game the commercials are usually entertaining.

I donno the 2nd half was kind of a blur for me... I only "caught" the two touchdown passes, one by fitzgerald, and the other game winning catch by Holmes. I was too drunk to pay attention to what else happened.

Still I was nice to see a close game, even tho many at the party I was at called it at the half after that record breaking interception for a TD.

at leazt I am home now even if I am am drunk

It was an interesting game, if nothing else. Of the 2 teams I couldn't care less about, I was pulling for the Steelers.

Jam session went well... but only served to show me how horribly rusty I am. I stumbled through Real Book songs I know I have played dozens of times. It was bad... but he was as rusty as I was, so we had a laugh.

I'll have to practice up if I do that again any time soon. Pick a list of songs to work through, and bring those to the jam prepared.

The party was good. Low key.

At some point my friend's wife brought a couple of her Japanese friends over... and they started asking us the definitions of English slang terms (beef curtains, knob gobbler, man chowder... just to name a few...)

It was embarrassing and entertaining at the same time... though I personally recused myself from the conversation.

Late night... this is gonna hurt in the morning...

Yo, what up my homies.:D Ok, so we went away for the weekend and did some cross country skiing, played some hoops at the hotel and swam. All in all alot of fun family time.

My parents and sister went with us and my aunt and her boyfriend met us there too. The new boyfriend ,Lloyd is 92, and I new he was in the airforce and flew planes but I wasn't sure what he flew so we talked about that one night after dinner.

He was the captain of a B-24 Liberator. He/his crew was shot down 3 times. And the last time he was captured by the germans but him and another one of hes crew manages to get away in the night and hid in the feilds. They then managed to find a French famuily who hid them in their house and they contacted the French under ground who helped them escape to Sicily Italy. Then a USS destroyer( Vogelsgesang) just happened to dock in the port for refueling and the got a ride back to the US.

He was the oldest guy at 25 years old out of a crew of 10. It was wild to hear him talk about it, it was like something out of a movie. Talking about how when they were shot down you never wanted to bail out as you would be sitting ducks as you parachute down plus the longer you stayed with the plane the farther you could get.

Cool old stories..

Gunner if he was 25 when he was flying, that was back in 1941 it wasn't until late 1942 with the Liberator D was used for combat. Before that they were in limited numbers and mainly used by the RAF for transport

Sounds like a cool guy tho, but you might want to ask him how many combat missions he was in

(sorry, I am a WWII bomber history buff)

yeah, that's how i roll bitch! ;)

I'm starting to get comfortable with this relationship. it's only been 2 weeks...pretty hard to believe i've made that much of an impact on someone that she'd want me to move in. Then again, i really want to get to know her better before i actually make that decision. I absolutely hate drama. and i know my parents are gonna be up my ass with it once i tell them what's going on. They're like...the only force stopping me from truly just being myself.

glad you're liking Army of Two, Zarg, my friend who got me into GRAW2 told me about it. I was skeptical at first, cause it didn't get that great reviews, etc. but figured i'd give it a shot anyway. :) I'm playing that on contractor mode. Packin the M249 SAW. love it.

Gears of War 1 is pretty freakin sweet. It makes me a bit upset that I don't have High-Definition to thoroughly enjoy it. It's still great though, different feeling than Halo, Ghost Recon, and Call of Duty. It has a more suspenseful atmosphere to it.

Archived