XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Audi is the only car I've ever owned that would:

A.) even get that fast

and

B.) I would feel the slightest bit comfortable and safe even pushing it that far.

And I didn't even really know exactly how fast I was going. I was coming back from northern New Hampshire in the middle of the night and I had all the dashboard lights off.

It wasn't until I passed a couple of trucks like they were standing still that I questioned my velocity. I was a bit surprised when I turned the lights back on.

yeah that makes it hard unless you drive like an asshat

drive on the shoulder! :)

cut my 2 mile time down even more ....was bad and took 4 days off, made up for it by taking 9 seconds off my record....16:39. I'm hoping i can cut a minute off that within the next month. gotta get crackin on the pushups and situps.

Old one.

The newer one was a made for TV miniseries. The effects are a bit low-budget... but it's far truer to the story.

Yeah... I remember seeing the old one when it came out and thinking: "This is terrible! Why is this the most revered story in sci-fi?!??"

Once I read the book, I realized how bad that movie really was.

But it's been decades since I've seen it, so I thought I'd give it another try. Nope... Still sucks.

Granted: Lynch had an impossible task telling that story in 2 hours. It would be like trying to do Lord Of The Rings any justice in a single 2 hour movie.

But this was exceptionally bad, even with keeping that in mind.

Still: I'd love to see another big-budget attempt at it someday. Give it the Peter Jackson treatment...

Never read or seen anything related to Dune. I don't even know what it is. I failed you, fellow nerds. I have failed you. :rolleyes:

So, anyone up for some ODST multiplayer over the long weekend? We've done the campaign, so how about some Firefight or whatever that second disk is? I guess that's Halo 3 multiplayer. I don't know - I haven't tried anything except the campaign so far.

Maybe Sunday. (Or even a bit tonight, maybe.)

I'm busy with fam and friends all day Thursday (natch...) and throwing an epic party for my student crew at work Friday night. Working Saturday.

So... Sunday is really my only day off. I'll probably be heading back to work more exhausted than I leave tonight.

As far as Dune goes: Watch the SciFi Channel miniseries if you ever get the chance. It's so far the best filmed version of it. (Though not without a few flaws of it's own.)

I've seen the DVD set selling pretty cheap in Best Buy.

Why?

Because George Lucas stole (I'm sorry... it "inspired"...) many of his early Star Wars ideas from it... along with Asimov's "Foundation" series.

Never read or seen anything related to Dune. I don't even know what it is. I failed you, fellow nerds. I have failed you. :rolleyes:

No worries, we can't win them all... :D

NOW BUY THE MINISERIES AND WATCH IT NAO. :D

[edit]

you can get it for really really really cheap on amazon right now

link

i work all the time. and when i'm home, the tv is taken. i haven't been on modern warfare 2 in a few days. =\

going out in a few with my friend/s. dunno if the one guy is going or not, he never called me.

had a good night. probably going to have work related repercussions i dunno......

Even Tofurky? :p

(What an abomination...)

I hope everybody has a great one!

I'm spending the day over my cousin's house, then off to a movie party with M. and a couple of her friends.

(I wonder if I should remind her of the fact that it's our 1-year anniversary... that I first met her at my buddy's house on Thanksgiving a year ago.)

Archived