Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LucasFilm announced Celebration V for 8/12-15/10 in Orlando. Unfortunately, the only way I'm attending is if I win a People's Tournament between now and, say, the spring (though it should be said that a second-place finish in the year-end tournament next weekend, which I've entered, will do nicely, as well).

Yeah... and my New-Year's resolution this year was to not be the top poster to this thread.

Hmph... Well,.. you can see how that worked out.

:rolleyes:

The concert last night went pretty smoothly. Almost scary how well it worked out. I was waiting for a complete disaster to happen... but it never came.

I wish they were all like that...

And in the spirit of "posting more"...

I've recently become obsessed with the "Freeman's Mind" web series of videos. These are hilarious!

If you've ever wondered what might be going through the mind of the FPS character you are controlling, this is the series for you!

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

This is episode 1... but there's dozens of them by now.

we need more people posting not more posts from the same people.

This is a truely awesome weekend for me. only be better if my Girlfriend was around ;)

This is the weekend for our Club's Cashpiel. $500 sign up fee per team, $10,000 cash prize. Winner gets $5000. Some of the best curlers in the nation come her to play. Our Local Olympian, Debbie McCormick (Skip-Right), Nicole Joraanstad (2nd-Left) and the rest of thier team are here and we are giving them a big sendoff saturday. Hoping to pick up an Autographed Team photo. I will be one of the offical timekeepers again for this event.

I just finished listening to Mozart's Die Zauberflöte. It was his final opera, and he spoke of it in his bed on the last night he was alive - tonight, December 4. I spent the entire week listening to all twenty of Mozart's operas. Thank you, Mozart. You died young, but left us with more great music than almost anyone who ever lived.

Now time to watch the series finale of Monk.

Fell asleep almost as soon as I got home around 7. I'm a bit disappointed that I couldn't make it all the way through the night, though... but I don't think I'll be staying up very long.

Working a "Video Game Orchestra" show tomorrow. That will be... ginormous.

going to not drink beer for a long time. ended up passed out in my friend's bathtub this morning after i got up to take a leak. the lame thing is...i only had 4 coors light and 1 tilt. and i ate a tona chicken wings and a slice of pizza prior.

at least i didn't throw up. edit: spoke too soon.

Yeah... there's a whole series of them. I haven't watched them all... but they are fairly consistent.

There's one point where he is wandering the halls and picks up some ammo that he says something like: "Wait... this is a scientific facility... who just leaves piles of live ammo just laying around like this here? That makes no sense! (Though it really just happens to be incredibly helpful for my current situation...)"

Re: Ray...

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!

I never played the first Half Life either... I kinda started 2, but never got very far before becoming distracted... and haven't gone back to it yet.

But, some of the funniest things he points out apply pretty much to EVERY FPS I've ever played... like the ammo thing.

El Oh freaking El.

yeah it's kinda funny...i almost died in a bathtub. i felt myself going, lack of oxygen, increase heart rate, unable to take in air. felt all the blood rushing in my body to the vitals...racing towards death..it was awesome, i felt as if i had the choice to let myself go to the other side or to fight and live in this ****ing ****hole... i chose to fight...why? i don't know...didnt feel right dying on my friends like that i guess.

the sad thing about this, i'm not even that grateful i am alive. the world isn't any brighter to me, i just feel 'oh yay i get another chance to die or get humiliated'

nothing is looking up for me this month. :( can't go running due to the frost-bite/ice, all the girls i was interested in aren't available. and the new one i was interested in i found out is engaged. :rolleyes:

edit:

HOWEVER I WILL MAKE THE MOST OF THIS AND GET EVERYTHING I WANT. IT'S ALL GOOD. :)

Archived