Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

Yeah... I've heard a lot of horror stories of Macs and video problems. Every Berklee student is required to purchase an Apple laptop when they enroll... and every semester I hear about hundreds of them having screen problems.

Show went well last night... but was over 2 and a half hours long. Didn't end until 10:40. Ugh.

Mark O'Connor is a monster player though. Nice guy too.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plans for the holidays so far....

No idea what is happening with my Bro's family and my parents. Kathleen is likely coming to my place the day after christmas, stay the night and head back home. Mostly it is going to be snuggling, watching some movies, stop over at the Curling club, and spend some social time with my parents.

the Wednesday after (Day before new years eve) I am planning to drop my kitty off at my parents and then head on up to see her after i get done with work. Then spend the new year with her, and come back home on sunday. Yes folks... 4 nights in a row.

last night I went to a friends house to watch some christmas movies. WE watched "The Ref" funny movie, and Cinematic Titanic's Santa Claus conquers mars. tonight I go to same friends house soon to play some D&D

Hmm... I never played the first one (other than the demo...) so I'm not all that excited.

The show last night was OK. They did a decent job with the songs. It was loud and too long though.

They had their own sound engineer... but he only mixed the vocals and effects. So there were 2 of us standing behind the board all day... was way too damn cozy for my tastes.

Plus: I know the music well enough that I think I could have done an as good (if not a better job) just on my own. I don't like to mix in committee.

My best friend's wife is pregnant. That's cool. Though it does somewhat serve to remind me what a complete failure I am at life. I just realized that I haven't even had a real date for the entirety of my 20's, which are nearly over. Crap.

The Force Unleashed was OK. Not amazing, but not bad either. I'd be up for a sequel.

Archived