Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of a crappy day at work yesterday.

I left home at 1 to be at work before 2... except the printed schedule was actually wrong: the shift was supposed to start at 1. So both myself and the entire crew was late... and the other manager who did know the correct time was running about 20 minutes behind.

Not a great way to start a shift and make friends. :rolleyes:

We were up-and-running by quarter of 2... but the damage was done by that point, and we never recovered.

The artist has a reputation that she can be... uh,.. shall we say, "troublesome"... even under totally perfect conditions... and these weren't anywhere near perfect.

We got through it... but it was a hell of a long day.

Damn, I need a vacation!

Had an awsome weekend with the Cashpiel. Saw some superb curling.

And it looks like I will be doing some 10 hour days in the next few days

Also it looks like we are going to get one ginormous Blizzard in the next few days. 6-12 inches, winds gusting up to 40. Going ot get some supplies (Food) tonight so I can hunkerdown.

Might even tap into my Death's pass vodka to stay "warm" (Even tho Mythbusters proved that one wrong)

yeah it's kinda funny...i almost died in a bathtub. i felt myself going, lack of oxygen, increase heart rate, unable to take in air. felt all the blood rushing in my body to the vitals...racing towards death..it was awesome, i felt as if i had the choice to let myself go to the other side or to fight and live in this ****ing ****hole... i chose to fight...why? i don't know...didnt feel right dying on my friends like that i guess.

the sad thing about this, i'm not even that grateful i am alive. the world isn't any brighter to me, i just feel 'oh yay i get another chance to die or get humiliated'

nothing is looking up for me this month. :( can't go running due to the frost-bite/ice, all the girls i was interested in aren't available. and the new one i was interested in i found out is engaged. :rolleyes:

edit:

HOWEVER I WILL MAKE THE MOST OF THIS AND GET EVERYTHING I WANT. IT'S ALL GOOD. :)

if you read your posts you will know that your optimism will last 2-4 weeks then you will go back to being self-destructive.

just an FYI

finally going home from work.

working ed like hours again

It's a lot of fun... no? ;)

I've been somewhat depressed myself lately. Due probably to working those same hours, mostly.

Plus (thanks to those hours): little sleep; eating crappy; no social life; no exercise; my house and car falling apart around me, and no time to do anything about it; etc...

Throw some short days/ long nights,.. and a lot of cold, gloomy weather into the mix... and you might come close to my current state of mind.

Blech.

if you read your posts you will know that your optimism will last 2-4 weeks then you will go back to being self-destructive.

just an FYI

finally going home from work.

working ed like hours again

yeah i know. the cold weather isn't going to help me at all. so much for killing my 2 mile time anymore, unless i can get used to a ****ing treadmill.

i'm starting to hate my work schedule. miss working nights all the time. morning and midshift starting to suck, i never get to see daylight when i work those shifts.

i'm feeling a little better since the other day at least. realizing that being upset just keeps me from what i want. the only things that i really want in life are to be back in the army and to have a decent girlfriend.

i'm feeling a little better since the other day at least. realizing that being upset just keeps me from what i want. the only things that i really want in life are to be back in the army and to have a decent girlfriend.

thats good.

Angry definately never gets you anyware good or constructive. I learned that during a course of about 5 years :¬:

all it really does is piss off those around you which never helps either

I dreamed about playing X-Wing Alliance last night :eek:

Dreamed about playing a game? Sheesh, you could have at least told us you had a dream you were flying a Star Wars fighter, would have been cooler. Not as cool as my dream of Liea in her slave outfit getting all "Bom Chicka Wah Wah" on me.

Hunkering down for the storm tonight. I want to rent Public Enimies or Night at the Museum 2, but I cannot find it at a nearby Redbox. Redbox was cool when they were constantly updated, but the one nearest to me hasn't had a new movie in it since "UP" was released

Hey... I've had dreams about posting on this place. :rolleyes:

But yeah... I've also had dreams about playing games.

The weather is supposed to be icky here tomorrow... but probably not bad enough to keep me from work.

Took the day off from work.

Got a haircut today. And I bought some ice-melt. And a shovel for my car. And I played a lot of Forza 3.

Wow! My life is exciting. :dozey:

thats good.

Angry definately never gets you anyware good or constructive. I learned that during a course of about 5 years :¬:

all it really does is piss off those around you which never helps either

i'm also realizing that adding alcohol to the equation makes my situation seem far worse than it really is especially when i'm hungover. not that i'm going to outright stop drinking, cause i have a fun time when i go out with my friends...i'm just gonna limit myself to a few drinks (1-3) instead of several. :)

i hate posting about how ****ty i think my life is, etc. most of it's done when i'm hungover, and that's no excuse. i just have to limit my drinking more.

Well... that's a big part of why I don't drink anymore... alcohol being a depressant, and me being naturally melancholic, the 2 together made me more gloomy (and occasionally even belligerent...) than I am when I'm not drinking.

Nobody could ever accuse me of being a "happy drunk."

Tonight turned out a bit better than the rest of my boring day: I met up with M. when she got out of work and had a light, late dinner with her. Had a good time.

I still don't believe anything will ever come of it... but it sure beat sitting at home doing... well, nothing.

Looks like my morning is going to suck. Hard.

Stupid crappy weather. :mad:

oh, i'm a "happy drunk" but the aftermath is never good, though being happy for however amount of time i have that buzz, is sometimes worth the 'fml' feeling i get afterwards, except when it lasts more than a day. then it's like damn it...

i'm considering going back to church, my one friend invited me to go with him and his fiance sometime. i might go, haven't been to church without being forced since i left basic. after that episode on saturday, i'm seriously considering going for a water baptism, as i never got a chance to do that (the water one i never did, i did the fire baptism "speaking in tongues" thing back in christian school), mainly because my grandma wanted to be the one to do it so i just kept waiting to be forced to do it i guess, and nobody pushed me. it'd be a big step forward for me spiritually i think, to go through with it. another reason for going to church would be meeting women of the same faith, though that's not supposed to be a reason, i don't think there's harm in it.

eh, what do you religious guys think, think i should go for it?

^ Yes, except you should go to your nearest Catholic church and get this thing done right. Bam.

Anyway, regarding my XWA dream, I can only remember dreaming about a game once before - Rebel Assault, for some reason, before it even came out. I haven't even played a game in a long time. The last significant gaming I did was with ed on ODST. So why I had this dream, I don't know.

i've considered catholicism, however, i'm a born-again christian and some things conflict, so i don't really want to convert. i've never been in a catholic church before. some of the things involved in being a catholic seem a bit weird, but in a good way. alot of the rituals, etc. seem so respectful and aware of God. the confessional thingy seems pretty neat too, you just basically sit next to the priest and tell him what you think is wrong and stuff?

probably the only thing i would disagree with is the repeating of prayers, hail marys and stuff like that. I prefer praying my own.

the one thing i didn't like about going to the churches my parents took me to was the singing, i prefer hearing the message, as i don't enjoy singing and have other ways i worship God (that involves being kind to others, etc). how is a typical sunday at a catholic church?

the confessional thingy seems pretty neat too, you just basically sit next to the priest and tell him what you think is wrong and stuff?

You tell him your sins, and he absolves you of them.

probably the only thing i would disagree with is the repeating of prayers, hail marys and stuff like that. I prefer praying my own.

Catholics are perfectly free to conduct their personal prayer in any way they choose.

how is a typical sunday at a catholic church?

That depends on what kind of Mass you go to. If it is a Solemn Mass in the extraordinary form, you're looking at a solid hour and a half of Latin chanting. (freaking awesome). Or you might have a 40 minute deal with no music at all. It depends. In most parishes Mass probably lasts about an hour and includes a few hymns.

So anyway, my MacBook Pro went caput last night. I'm going to see if I can get it repaired. If it's like $500, though, screw that, I'm just getting a new one. Probably not a Mac, either.

Yeah... if you are not running the OSX on it, there's no real advantage that I can see of an Intel Mac over any other high-level PC laptop.

We just got a kick-ass Asus gaming laptop for our lighting-system design and rendering and moving-light control system. Huge screen... screaming processor and vid card. Less than a comparable Apple. I'd recommend it.

Chaotic night at work last night. Violinist Mark O'Connor playing with students. 2 different orchestras... plus a lot of small bluegrass groups. Lot's of stage changes and mic moves. Ick. (Though it's musically great, it's a logistical nightmare.)

And a lot of mics everywhere... simply because they are recording the show for broadcast.

Made for a long night. And it was just the rehearsal for the concert tonight... so we have to go through the whole thing all over again.

Yeah... if you are not running the OSX on it, there's no real advantage that I can see of an Intel Mac over any other high-level PC laptop.

True. I thought when I bought it, I'd be using it for work too, but I never did, so the Mac stuff has gone mostly unused.

They said that the problem is the video hardware, which is apparently a common problem that they know about, so they are fixing computers with this problem for free, even if the warranty period is over, so it looks like I'm going to get this fixed for free. Suspiciously generous of them :¬: It might take almost a week to get it back, though.

Archived