Home

The 2009 Academy Award Nominations!

MrWally

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I just read this: http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=4900&utm_medium=plugblock&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=highlights&utm_term=vfxoscar&utm_content=textlink&utm_campaign=20090202&referer=newsletter

I want to see Benjamin Button now, it looks like they did an amazing job. A movie where the main character has a digital head on a real body for almost an hour of the film, and it's taken seriously? That's something I want to see.

I saw Benjamin Button the other day (didn't finish it, it was tooooo slow :bored:), but I didn't know that head was digital, I thought the special effects they were talking about were some of those WW2 shots. BB sure as hell deserves an award for special effects then, they were way better TDK and Iron Man.

Other than that, I didn't see anything particularly impressive in the film. It was innovative in a way, but just got too drab passing into the second half. Brad Pitt was good, not award-winning though.

I liked Frost/Nixon much better: smooth narrative, compelling performances and excellent characters. One of the best films I've seen this year.

I'd love to watch the Oscars, but the last 2 films I've seen in theaters were The Dark Knight, and My Bloody Valentine 3D... The latter not exactly oscar quality. Although, everything looks very good, especially Doubt, considering I'm a big Amy Adams fan. Nothing really of any interest has been playing at the reasonably priced theater when I've actually had a free weekend.

I'm boycotting Slumdog for eternity now. There is no excuse for it winning the Best Song category. Both of its entries sounded like the same generic Bollywood crap that's in every Indian movie. Hell, they could have put Benny Lava in it and no one would have noticed. Peter Gabriel's song from WALL-E should have won, along with Best Soundtrack as well. And it was an utter travesty that WALL-E didn't win any of the Sound awards either, since most of the movie was just that: sound.

Basically, **** Slumdog.

That WALL-E song was not only forgettable, but sounded like the same generic Black Christian crap to me, tbh. I also liked Slumdog's music over WALL-E's. I'll agree that the Sound Editing award should have gone to WALL-E though. Ben Burtt definitely deserved it.

Edit: I also don't see how that Wall-E song got nominated over Bruce Springsteen's The Wrestler. That was such a beautiful song.

*slacht*

This is Peter Gabriel. :xp:

WHITEFACE!

Well there was that black guy singing it and those other black Christianish women in the back and I was all :bored:

Well, you're kinda biased. :p

Ohoho? So says the man boycotting a globally-acclaimed, multiple Oscar award-winning movie because it won an Academy-chosen award over another movie. :p

Archived