Home

Bible advocates drinking your own Pee??

jonathan7

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like many things in books of old, it is a lifestyle hint that aims to promote health. If you drank water from different sources(even today) you can get quite ill. Anyone from US/UK/OZ dare to try non bottled water from the Asian subcontinent....? Try it, i'll be sure to send you a get well card :)

As for drinking urine, it is a recommended survival tip if you are stuck at sea. If you drink seawater, the salt will dehydrate you quicksmart, lessening your chance of survival.

mtfbwya

I think people should learn what a cistern is first... >.>

Its a huge box in the ground, made of stone or the like for collecting rain water. The one where I used to live was made of cement, but it had a huge hole in the side, so obviously it didnt work anymore.

Oh, and technically, your own urine is sterile until it hits the toilet.

I'm not familiar with the bible - but if it is talking about sex, why doesn't it actually say it in clear words?

The Bible uses many literary forms, including metaphor. There are parts that are meant to be completely metaphor, and there are other parts that are literal history. Based on the context, it's clear that this is talking about sex.

It's like calling someone a bookworm. You're not calling said person a moth larva that eats paper, you're saying that he reads a lot. :)

All the verses before Proverbs 5:15 are talking about not sleeping around with a bunch of women. The ones after are talking about the benefits of not cheating on your wife. So, unless Solomon decided to randomly throw in a health care verse, it's talking about only having sex with your wife.

Archived