Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

Yeah... I'll look into it.

Haven't seriously thought about new computers in a while, so I'm going to have to do a little research again.

It HAS to have 7.1 sound (since I have a 7.1 speaker system already set up.)

I'd like a Blu-Ray reader and a DVD RW drives.

A video card good enough to play all my older games at full settings with no frame rate hit (which really shouldn't be a problem... my newest PC game is over 5 years old at this point...)

The fans should be quiet, since the PC lives only a couple of feet from my bedroom.

Other than that, I have no particular demands. Lots of hard-drive space, and RAM... but that's pretty standard these days, I think...

my new quad core tower that I got running last month:

AMD Phenom II AM3 x4 810 (2.667ghz/core)

3x Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 2gb (so thats 6gb)

2x BFG Tech GeForce 9800 GT 512mb gddr3 PCI-e's (and yes it's in SLI XD)

A very nice BluRay drive that I'm sure Eddy would like too

2x Western Digital 500gb Sata drives

and I am running Win 7 Pro (yes i spent that penny)

I also have win 7 Home basic from that college student deal that microsoft has out there, but that was only 32bit.

As for dual booting, I don't really have the need to do it considering that I haven't had a reason to.

altho, I still have yet to check if I can run Kotor >.>

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
R15, you're a moron for even getting to the point where someone would send you a check to be cashed. And you wonder why even the military won't take you back?

The army is letting me back in, I just have to pass the army physical fitness test and I'll be good to go. Which is why I've been going to the gym 5 days a week.

Am I able to post here again yet?

Damn! That was frustrating!!! :mad:

Kind of a crappy day yesterday.

Did some laundry. (Yay.)

Went out shopping... big mistake. People were driving like utter morons. Seemed to catch grief wherever I went... ALWAYS in line behind the person who wanted to see the manager.

Then I stopped in the video game store, and was immediately accosted by some guy claiming to be an undercover cop looking for a guy who was trying to snatch kids in that mall, and wanted to know what a guy my age was doing in a game store.

I truly don't believe he was really a cop for a second... it's not exactly good undercover detective procedure to loudly announce to someone you may think is a potential suspect that you are a cop, and they are a suspect. Kinda defeats the purpose of going "undercover"...

I suspect he was just a friend of one of the kids that work there... pulling pranks on customers.

But I really didn't appreciate a complete stranger trying to pull a mind-**** on me while I was just there to see if they had an XBox wheel controller I could try out.

I've always gotten a weird vibe from the staff in that particular store before anyway. Typically a bunch of "too-cool-for-you" local townie nerds that make the Simpson's 'Comic book guy' seem smooth, suave and charming in comparison.

I don't think I'll ever bother shopping there again.

And to to top it all off: I've had nothing but miserable problems with my computers all day.

(Just to get this post to work, I've had to open several different browsers... then just copy-and-paste into an email to myself, and try a completely different computer. That didn't even work! Hopefully it was a LF problem, and not my connection or computer... but my internet has been kinda hit or miss for a few days now, so I can't really be sure... Grrr!)

It was just one of those days where you really find yourself starting to think that all the forces of the universe may just be aligning against you...

Am I able to post here again yet?

Then I stopped in the video game store, and was immediately accosted by some guy claiming to be an undercover cop looking for a guy who was trying to snatch kids in that mall, and wanted to know what a guy my age was doing in a game store.

I truly don't believe he was really a cop for a second... it's not exactly good undercover detective procedure to loudly announce to someone you may think is a potential suspect that you are a cop, and they are a suspect. Kinda defeats the purpose of going "undercover"...

I suspect he was just a friend of one of the kids that work there... pulling pranks on customers.

But I really didn't appreciate a complete stranger trying to pull a mind-**** on me while I was just there to see if they had an XBox wheel controller I could try out.

LOL. What did you say to him?

I just kind of "Uh huh... Really?... Oh yeah?..."-ed him to death while I disinterestedly looked over XBox titles... but I eventually got fed up with the whole shtick, and walked out of the store after a couple of minutes.

He followed me out, and walked behind me for a while... but when I got in my car and started to drive off he was standing outside the store with a couple of other people.

Which sucks for the store... because I was more than a little prepared to lay down a pretty nice bundle of money on a force-feedback steering wheel controller if I found one I liked.

They lost a good sale over it...

UNLESS he REALLY was a cop... but then he must be THE WORST guy on the force for undercover work.

Plus: He kept telling me that when he finds the guy, he's going to beat the **** out of him... pretty much confessing to police brutality in advance. "If he lives, he'll be breathing and eating from a tube for the rest of his life..." is what I believe he told me.

All I could think was "What the **** did I do to deserve this?!?? All I want is to look around this game store in peace and be just left the **** alone..."

A mostly easy day at work yesterday. Some "Superstar" percussion players from India.

It's raining here again... and probably will for a few days. Oh goody! Just praying the pumps keep holding out.

Working late every night for the rest of the week. Burnout city... here I come!

:dozey:

**** the treadmill. got out to the track at 4:30. talk about WTF. did 1 mile in 8:23, hell last i was out there i had a mile in 7:30-7:50...................so....might not go on treadmill anymore, it's above 40 degrees and it's very comfortable (lungs not freezing up).

worked on situps and pushups when i got home. skipped out on the gym cause my friend who has my supply of water called and he was sick. -_- gotta find a backup water bottle in case that happens again.

Been playing more guitar, but my fretting hand isn't up to playing for more tan 30 minutes if that at any given time. So sporadic practice on and off through the day i guess until I can build up better muscles and stamina on my fretting hand.

I don't sound as ****ty. I also like the sound of the acoustic..... very soothing.

Cracken, don't fret the small stuff (Aw come on, that was DYING to be made pun of)

@luka sounds like mine. I got a compaq Nx7010.

Curling season is done for me. Won my last game and finished 2nd place in my Sunday league.

Now it is time to cook. Im thinking of grilling out. Pork tenderloin, grilled potatoes, and some stir fry veggies. MMMMMMMM

@ed

2510825375_176f1608a0_m.jpg

Thinking about getting a cat door for my kitty. he only likes to go out at night (7:30pm) and last time he stayed out for five hours. Of course he went STRAIGHT to his food dish when I let him in. But I worry about him so much that I stay up like a worried parent who's daughter is out on a date

The rehearsal last night was a pain in the arse. Tonight will be more of the same.

The show is supposed to highlight all the best singers in the vocal department... so of course, we have a 20 piece-band on stage at all times. :rolleyes:

And the BIGGEST diva moment of the night was from... the percussion player.

Because you know: It's all about him. :dozey:

So some 18-year old girl wants to date me. That's a new one :rolleyes:

do it. (or not)

I'm waiting on a call back from my recruiter, called his office and he was out so i left a message with my new number he can call me back. If i don't hear back by thursday, i'll try his cell phone. (it was on the recruiter card he gave me)

Workin til 6 tonight. love my job.

I slept in today...probably a good thing i did. :) I'm going to watch the new Star Trek movie with my dad when i get home from work (at home right now, just on my lunch break) then watch Lost and V then go to sleep, wake up at 4 and go running at the track.

Been playing Turok on 360. It's pretty fun, trying to get the stealth knife kills achievement and the 100 enemies pinned by arrows achievement. the rest are on the multiplayer...thinking of getting the new maps and checking that online thing out sometime.

So some 18-year old girl wants to date me. That's a new one :rolleyes:

waste of time. atleast, since you exercise morals and self control(not saying thats a bad thing)

but 18 year old girls are good for 2 things, humor, and ......something else

Archived