Home

George Lucas plans Star Wars in 3D

Prime

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy with Star Wars: Revisited, so let GL continue to rape the franchise. He isn't getting another dime of my money until he releases the OT on Blu-Ray, and I'll only buy those so that I can legally own the Revisited versions of them once they come out.

I don't know if I could stomach the OT in 3D, because just I know that it will be stuffed to the gills with more childish, idiotic revisionism.

Its just another penny pincher reason to milk the trilogies out of everything they can. All for money. I like the OT like it is, Blu-Ray 3D would just kill it

EDIT: If the Prequel was made in 3D, then maybe that would be interesting, but old movies should stay as they are, keeping its originality

I don't care what he does with the movies, just as long as he brings the 6 main movies out on Blu-ray SOONER THAN LATER and have all that extra stuff as optional extras I can ignore if I want to or just watch once for kicks.

Well said. I've been waiting for god knows how long for a Blu-ray box set with all the films on. >_>

Lucasfilm made everyone wait forever for DVD as well. I think that they wanted to sell as many box sets on VHS as they possibly could, and now they're doing the same thing with DVD. It's just another example of why I despise Lucasfilm.

Lucasfilm made everyone wait forever for DVD as well. I think that they wanted to sell as many box sets on VHS as they possibly could, and now they're doing the same thing with DVD. It's just another example of why I despise Lucasfilm.

Hmm, when DVD came out, I transferred my VHS copy to DVD with my digital recorder :p, that was a while before the OT came out on DVD. I don't know if they are trying to make a profit out of the DVD thing, as they took a long ass time to do it, but I think that LucasFilm is just plain lazy. Yes, they are penny pinchers, but it is mostly laziness that has gripped their company, which is why the CW series is not as good as it could be. Idk, I think having it on DVD is fine for me, let alone VHS :carms:

I think that they wanted to sell as many box sets on VHS as they possibly could, and now they're doing the same thing with DVD. It's just another example of why I despise Lucasfilm.

What, you mean a company's trying to maximize profits? No ****in' way!

Make Yoda a puppet again and remove all of the blue-screened-screened scenes, and then we'll talk. :carms:

Now, one thing I really don't get--what's so bad about the CGI Yoda? The puppet Yoda in TPM looked awful--if they'd stuck with using the puppet through the second and third movies, I'm sure it would've been just as bad. The puppet in the OT, where Yoda was supposed to be old, a little senile, and crotchity, worked. In the PT, Yoda was still a busy member of the Jedi Order--of the Jedi Council no less--and the puppet simply didn't look right.

What, you mean a company's trying to maximize profits? No ****in' way!

All well and good, until it's to the prospective customer's detriment, such as in this case, which seems to be Lucasfilm's MO the last 10 years or so. They don't seem to give a damn about their customers or even their fans, and it shows in just about everything they do.

Well, then, I guess the fans should "return the love" so to speak. That's also capitalism in action. They try to maximixe their profit and we our enjoyment. If the two clash sufficiently, the merchant loses out in the end.

Also, despite the "emo-ization" of Anakin in the PT, I can still watch Vader in the OT w/o thinking of him as little more than the emperor's bitch. JEJ's VO for the win.

Adywan fixed just about everything that was wrong with the horrible 2004 DVD release, and added several touches of his own. It took him about two years. He's putting the final touches on my beloved ESB as we speak.

Archived