Home

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

harIII

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh my god, oh my god, oh my god I want it, but file front isn't working for some reason (in regards to palpatine)

New Update, Mygeeto will make its way back into SOTE, it was suppose to be the first planet you get to but now it's going be a little ways down the road, anywhere from the 3rd to the 6th planet. But all that matters is that its going to be here.

Never mind, file front is working again

• 4 weeks later...

Ok sorry about the lack of info about the project, I took a small break from modding and I'm getting back into it today.

I've also been slightly delayed because of my cofounder of the project Canderis wasn't as excited about the plot as he felt he should be so I've spiced up the game and have bascially revolutionized it. Now the Empire has a far more deeper and sinister idea for the son who has been captured, something to awaken the most devastating weapon ever fathomed since the dawn of man.

I'll futher the update later, I'm being kicked off the internet at the moment.

• 1 month later...
Great Mod

Please keep up the good work and the progress on Shadows of the Empire.

Is there any updates on the progress on Shadows of the Empire.

Sorry for the lack of updates as Har is a busy man :D

He is currently hard at work building lots of modules to use to create the new planets such as Mustafar. I've also been skinning a lot of modules to give them a new feel. So basically we're focusing on the modules :thmbup1:

I'll post pictures of my work as soon as I finish so that I can get feedback from the community and to show how the mod is progressing. Thanks and keep following!

Is there any updates on the progress on Shadows of the Empire.

I apologize about the lack of updates but with my busy schedule of classes, homework, hanging out with friends, and partying :shades2: finding time to mod is hard to do.

One of the things that I'm currently trying to do is getting a "marketing" plan set up so that we can create a bigger buzz around the community.

Right now we're nearly finished with Yavin IV, the only thing left is the space battle which is going to be one of the new systems that will be created in SOTE. The only problem with it is that it requires several new models and we don't have them all made yet.

I've also been focusing my attention into the Mygeeto modules which have to be modeled as well. So far I have 2 areas complete, a third underway, and about 7 - 10 that still need to be created. I'll post a few screenies later on today because I have class soon.

Ok sorry about the delay, had a technical problem with the images showing up. Also while I'm here I'll update everyone with the new planet sequence.

The Tantive IV

The Devastator

Sleheyron

Yavin IV

Utapau

Mygeeto

Mustafar

Tenupae

Coruscant

Korriban

The Shadow

So down to business, here are some images of the two Mygeeto areas that I made.

Uppercity

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Note that the gray mass behind the building is actually a snow covered mountain that the platform is built into.

uppercity1.jpg

uppercity2.jpg

uppercity3.jpg

Apartment

Show spoiler

apartment1.jpg

apartment2p.jpg

Thanks for the update harIII.

I wish I could help out on Shadow of the Empire but the best thing I could do would help out with the side quests. I am sure that you guys already have enough people working on the side quests. If by chance you do need more people pleace contact me. I have a few ideas on what you could have as side quests.

Also those pictures look awesome.

Keep up the good work and progress towards the Shadow of the Empire.

I've been checking this mod out. It seems like a good project, the KOTOR gaming style placed in the time of the Empire. Sounds like a great idea to me ;)

Just a question Har: You're going to (obviously) insert Emperor Palpatine in this mod. My question is: will his body size be the same as a regular character? It's just that is a short man, I think it would seem odd if he had the same size as the regular characters.

Keep up the great work :thmbup1:

Jedi/Sith - Actually you're in luck because we are in dire need of side quests, I'll send you a PM in a bit giving you some of the details on the planets.

Darth Crados - Yes, the PC/Veteran will have a final confrontation with Palpatine at the very end, but as far as making him slightly shorter than everyone else I'll have to talk to my modeler on this. I'll be sure to put a note in of course.

Thanks DK, I can use all the support you can give.

There most certainly will be, I still have to create them yet. The only reason why those three are the only ones you see is because I haven't been able to get started on the other planets with the exception of Coruscant part II.

There will be I think at least 10 companions and I have even figured out a system to use more than 10!

Im really looking forwards to now both this and revange of revan :L, keep it Ill be looking forward to an upcoming demo ;)

Uppercity

Show spoiler

Note that the gray mass behind the building is actually a snow covered mountain that the platform is built into.

uppercity1.jpg

uppercity2.jpg

uppercity3.jpg

Apartment

Show spoiler

apartment1.jpg

apartment2p.jpg

My models are so pathetic... Excellent work harIII !

Christos200:

1) what do you mean by saying new space battle? new models or you will change the battle system

2)are you going to put any trailer on youtube?

1 - The new space battle we have in mind is going to be composed of new models as well as a new system. When we get all of the new models into TSL and get everything working it will be as close to a first person shooter came as we can possibly make it using the KOTOR game engine.

2 - We will start putting trailers out soon. There will be a modcast about everything that's new, ranging from weapons, characters, and planets.

Archived