The Force Unleashed 2

Rogue Nine

The Force Unleashed 2  

177 members have voted

1. 1. The Force Unleashed 2

• Woo!
    • Boo!
    • wut

I'm not necessarily looking forward to it, the correct phrase is probably cautiously optimistic - they've said they've improved on the gameplay (remains to be seen) and I have to say what i've heard of the story hasn't left a good impression.

But, as a sucker for cool laser swords, Darth Vader, and anything with a combination of 'Star' and 'Wars' on the front, i'll still be buying it.

sucker is probably the right word. :lol:

The kids liked it, I saw enough of it not to be terribly interested in playing it, but if it gets enough decent reviews, I might fork out the money for a used copy at GameStop or something. Otherwise, I'm saving my money for Rock Band 3 along with keyboards and guitar, which is coming out on I believe the same day.

• 2 weeks later...

Paid close attention to the gameplay in the vids released on the Facebook TFU2 fanpage. As far as I can tell, it looks much better than the first.

I plan to get USE and TFU2 at the same time since my dad's got an Amazon gift card he doesn't really need, but I might wait to see if any game stores offer USE and TFU2 in a combo for a lower price.

• 3 weeks later...

I find it kinda strange that here, Starwars fans really don't like the game and some just downright hate it, but some of my friends, who aren't too into Starwars rented both TFU1 and TFU2 and think they're short but awesome while they lasted. Seems like Starwars fans are really picky about their starwars and non-starwars fans are more open. Go figure. :/

I find it kinda strange that here, Starwars fans really don't like the game and some just downright hate it, but some of my friends, who aren't too into Starwars rented both TFU1 and TFU2 and think they're short but awesome while they lasted. Seems like Starwars fans are really picky about their starwars and non-starwars fans are more open. Go figure. :/
Nothing wrong with having high standards though. It might also be that the taste in game differs or that we just have come to expect more of Star Wars products.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what I saw, it would have been better as a patch... The powers were cool, and the combat with dismemberment was interesting. It's just a pity that the plot was left to dry out. Just from the gameplay footage I saw at Gametrailers.com, I could see that the writing was derivative at best and hackneyed at worst.

I also heard that Boba got a bit part. :firemad:

• 2 weeks later...
Two questions:

1. Can you saber duel or is it just flashy force stuff?

2. Can you play online.

Those two factors will decide whether I buy it.

From what I've seen, the saber fighting is no more complex than before... just hack and slash and a lot of automatic combo stuff. I don't know how it plays out necessarily with the AI, apart from QTE sequences at times. Videos make it look like you just keep hacking away at the person's body until they run out of health and die.

As for online play, well, as with the first Force Unleashed, only the Wii has any "multiplayer" options. In the first one (on the Wii only) it was 1 on 1 saber dueling, with the style of gameplay the same as SP. You pick up power ups, pick up objects with the force and throw them and hack and blast each other with your force powers and saber until somebody dies, best 2 out of 3 or whatever.

In FU2, on the Wii, you can play with up to 4 people in a fight to the death, but it's a 2D style game, reminiscent of Super Smash Bros. not at all like single player. I don't think there's any clashing mechanics there either, it's just hack the person until they run out of health and die. Most points wins or elimination, or however it is handled.

As for whether you can do any of that online, I don't know.

But there's nothing resembling a Coop mode, or an interesting saber combat system that would make for duels as memorable as in the JK series even.

Archived