Home

Module Reskin

Sithspecter

The underwater section of Manaan where you see that survivor who gets eaten by a firaxa?

It looks very good. The door in the first screen is what gave it away to me.

It is in fact. I was hoping it would take a little more to figure that out, but since you've got it, I'll post some more of the pictures. The lightmaps on this were a nightmare.

paradise01.jpg

paradise02.jpg

paradise07.jpg

paradise08.jpg

Great job SS. At first I thought it was the "underworld" from Taris. But I couldn't remember seeing those rocks in that area :lol:

Really nice. Really shows what you can do with just applying differant textures on a model. Can I ask what you're planning to do with these? Or is this a "just for the hell of it" modding thing :p

The thing that gave it away for me were those weird column things in the second screenie. Beautiful skins!

And it seems that he put too much work into this for it to merely be for "sh*ts and giggles". I think it's for a larger project.

Great job SS. At first I thought it was the "underworld" from Taris. But I couldn't remember seeing those rocks in that area :lol:

Really nice. Really shows what you can do with just applying differant textures on a model. Can I ask what you're planning to do with these? Or is this a "just for the hell of it" modding thing :p

I've had this one in the back of my mind for a while now. One day I was playing through Manaan, and I though to myself, "Sithspecter, I'll bet that you could make that module really different. Like a wintery place or something." And so I did. But I made it a lush, grassy area instead. But, yes, there are plans for it now. It turned out too good not to.

I don't think many people have tried to do that to an underwater module. I didn't even know you could remove the water (though I guess it makes sense). Could you do a similar reskin to the other portion (where the star map is?)

I already have, plus I did one of the interiors as well. Also, there is no real "water". The module was just lighted in a way that suggested you were underwater. Plus the noises and all. And the bubbles, but those were easy to get rid of. The only problem that I've ran into, is at the Star Map site, most of the geometry doesn't extend very far because of the murkiness of the original. It looks kind of weird, especially the trench. And there are also some lights without any structure or anything.

paradise10.jpg

paradise11.jpg

paradise12.jpg

paradise13.jpg

paradise14.jpg

paradise15.jpg

paradise16.jpg

paradise17.jpg

paradise18.jpg

paradise19.jpg

Only problem is that I can't seem to get rid of the sea in the last picture. I really don't know what's up.

Wow, I normally hate the Manaan modules but this, this is absolutely amazing. Great job!!! But may I ask what this module is for? Corellia?

Not Corellia...

1. That's amazing.

Only problem is that I can't seem to get rid of the sea in the last picture. I really don't know what's up.

I think the textures for that are lma_sea_02 and lma_sea_02a.

I though to myself, "Sithspecter, I'll bet that you could make that module really different. Like a wintery place or something." And so I did. But I made it a lush, grassy area instead.

Any plans on doing a wintery place too?

That is a brilliant reskin, SS! Serious kudos. :)

Well, it was your tutorial that made it possible. Especially the lightmaps part. They were really hard to get right for this one.

1. That's amazing.

I think the textures for that are lma_sea_02 and lma_sea_02a.

Any plans on doing a wintery place too?

I've tried those textures, and I still couldn't get rid of the black. When I replace the sea texture, I can tell that that part isn't there, but my skybox is not wanting to show, or something.

No immediate wintery plans for now.

Oh, I see. I tried it and it does indeed look murky - though I didn't mess around with the lighting like you did - but I don't think it's as dark as yours. Did you include a TXI? It could just be the lighting itself, though. Either the lightmap doesn't cover it properly, or there's something in the model itself.

Incidentally, it tiles really poorly.

Oh, I see. I tried it and it does indeed look murky - though I didn't mess around with the lighting like you did - but I don't think it's as dark as yours. Did you include a TXI? It could just be the lighting itself, though. Either the lightmap doesn't cover it properly, or there's something in the model itself.

Incidentally, it tiles really poorly.

I was able to change the texture of the sea, and it does tile very poorly. But what I had attempted to do was put a skybox around the whole thing. I skinned the sea texture to be invisible, and put a Dantooine skybox there. But I can't see it. I know it is there, because I still get the glare, but I can't see it through the window.

Archived