Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

Well, there's apparently enough interest in me for some reason that I have several in-person meet ups in the next couple of weeks,.. around, before, between, and after work.

Who knew I had such mojo. And why did I have to suffer through lonely, mostly dateless, and almost completely celibate teens, 20's, 30's, and the last 2 years of my 40's if that was the case?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha nice ed. glad it's working for you. if i had a car i'm sure i could get some...i'm not really messaging anyone on there, still working on this chick i'm going to school with, hoping it works out, and hoping i have the nerve to ask her out to lunch or a movie.

wish i had a running vehicle.....life would be a little more pleasant. not that it isn't right now. :)

decided to disable both my plenty of fish and my okcupid account. gonna just focus on strength training and getting big. if a girl wants me, she can ****ing do all the ground work. i'm sick of getting played for a fool.

Projected posts to thread at year-end after October: 2,020

OK, so tournaments are cutting into my forum time, but I can see a little bit of daylight...just have to get through NEBA this weekend and my association's Bowler of the Year tournament the following Sunday.

This might be a good time for me to make a post in the X-Wing forum of the "Classic Gaming" section noting that we can take questions about the re-releases on these forums.

The smart money is in Taco Bell franchises all over Oregon. :dozey:

Had a date. It went well. :) I hope to see her again.

Different date tomorrow night however.

A third date Tuesday night.

I now have at least 10 message threads going on OKC. I am overwhelmed by sudden unexpected and unfamiliar female interest.

I am going to try to meet as many as time and the limitations of my physical frame will allow.

This is not a situation I ever envisioned in my life.

glad you are having good times, ed. you ****in deserve it lol

gonna try n pull some moves out of my ass tomorrow on this chick i am really starting to like...

this other chick i hung out with my 'friend-zone' kind of introduced me to...my friend told me that she mentioned me at work the other day to another coworker...idk what was said.

Yeah. I'm surprised I've had this much success in this little time. I was fully prepared for 3-6 months with no interest at all. Or a single unsuccessful date out of it.

Of course, I am returning all interest directed my way without any filters. The woman I'm meeting tonight is almost 10 years older than me, with a son who has already graduated college. Probably not somebody I would have pursued, but as long as she's interested enough in me to get in touch, I'll give it a fair chance. Why not? It's a night out instead of being depressed at home... watching the great stories of fun going past from all my friend's Facebook feeds and feeling like a loser for not having anything to post. Or worse, having nothing better to do but sit there and watch (and feel bad) about it.

She was nice, but not sure that she is really my type. I think I'd like a second date somewhere less crowded and more one-on-one to get a better sense though.

If she's still interested, I'm going to try to plan something like that.

starting to hate my one roommate. he gets mad too easily. but you know what, he can go **** himself because i don't give a ****. :) I think he's pissy because i take showers at 0600, so i have time to get ready for school, apparently he's a light sleeper...i crack the window a bit to let the bathroom breathe and he ****in flipped on me this morning. now he's smashing on his walls because of pigeon noises. he's a ****ing piece of ****. and someone's been keeping the light on in the bathroom, pretty sure it's him, thinking that if i saw it on that i wouldnt go up there and do my business. well **** you *******!!! lol

time to go get some protein n coffee! woop woop!

Need. Less. Work.

Is a day off every couple of months really so much to ask?

Perfect storm: We are down 3 managers for most of the next couple of weeks, for various reasons. Wanna guess which couple of weeks are going to be some of the busiest of the year so far? And who gets to pick up all the slack?

yeah winter is coming...hahaha i don't remember bitching ONCE about the heat this year. But the cold? oh you know i'll be complaining.. :(

finished The Clone Wars. now i just have rebels to look forward to every week.

think ill start on my case report for forensic science class tomorrow...doing it on that wwe wrestler that murdered his family and offed himself.

trying to be considerate to my roommates...what is the earliest "acceptable" time to play music? I just turned my radio on at 10, the volume ain't even up that loud. suddenly loud noises heard from upstairs, banging on walls and ****. now it's 10am, normal people would be awake. this guy that's acting out doesn't work the night shift or anything. he also tried starting **** with me 2 days ago, i left the window in the bathroom cracked when i took a shower, didn't close it...soon as i got out he had the audacity to bitch about it. then yesterday i didn't even close it and i hear him come home in the afternoon and scream "CLOSE THE ****ING WINDOW" so now i'm guessing he thinks i left the window open to spite him. well maybe i just should? what's he going to do about it, call the police? this guy gotta be the most anal person...

Why is edlib so tired?

Let's see... Well, I thought I had a busy month last month. I was scheduled to work 168 hours of shifts in 4 weeks. (A normal month's work should be 140 hours at 35 hours a week.)

So far this month, I have been scheduled 168 hours of shifts in 3 weeks.

Looking back: last year this month, I had 58 scheduled hours for the entire month. My busiest month on record lately was April of this year: 170 hours across 4 weeks. I remember that it almost killed me...

It's not my imagination... Work has crossed the line into insanity.

Archived