Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol keyan

I got Halo Collection preordered/payed off...traded Shadow of Mordor (got $33 for it, i'll repurchase it in a few months at about the same price if i want to continue playing) and I switched the $$ i had on far cry 4 on over to halo, and only owed $5. not too bad!

You guys got the job! I'll leave the keys to the place in my mailbox... Just stop by and pick 'em up!

Your first shift is today at 6:00 am!

Oh wait... I was just dreaming you could work for me. :(

It's 4:00 am, and I'm getting ready for work. Still half asleep.

didn't bother picking up halo last night...didn't feel like walking around town at midnight, higher potential of getting robbed. going to pick it up later today though. :)

Happy Veterans Day! I'm hanging out with my veteran buddies, going to go hit up some of them places that are giving us free meals. :)

You guys got the job! I'll leave the keys to the place in my mailbox... Just stop by and pick 'em up!

Your first shift is today at 6:00 am!

Oh wait... I was just dreaming you could work for me. :(

It's 4:00 am, and I'm getting ready for work. Still half asleep.

Well, I was never that interested in live sound anyway. My goal is to get good at mixing in the studio, so that I can put out a string of hit songs, launching me on a nation-wide tour, where I can play at all the universities, and make life miserable for all the sound guys there by bringing a 50-piece orchestra with me everywhere I go, and insisting that each player be mic'ed individually.

:joy:

Ed, you march right into your boss's office and tell him Zoom Rabbit said he was being too damn greedy, and he needs to hire an additional staff member to handle some of the overflow rather than work you like a cylon or you will totally FREAK OUT on the stage with valuable sound equipment Pete Townshend style, and it will be all his fault!

Rogue 15, happy veteran's day. You kids have been fighting this war on a number of fronts now for thirteen years. I was lucky to not have been called up while I was in the reserves, back during peace time...and I do think often of what the current generation of reservists must experience, being rotated in on a regular basis. My cover off to you all.

Myself, I will celebrate veteran's day by playing Battlefront 2 on my now antique X-box. :dozey: I'm gonna re-take Tantive IV from the Empire...who's with me?

... and make life miserable for all the sound guys there by bringing a 50-piece orchestra with me everywhere I go, and insisting that each player be mic'ed individually.

:joy:

Been there, done that. Multiple times. I think I'm doing that next week, actually...

And Zoom... my boss wants much more help. But we don't have the budget approval to pay any of them. His hands are a little tied until HR kicks us budget approval for those positions. We can hire people to replace folks that left... but that's also a long involved process of posting the job nationally for several weeks, sifting through all the applications, then interviewing the top half-dozen or so.

We can hire part-time temps to take some slack... but that only works for the other halls, which are slightly less technical and less high-profile. But if a temp can cover shifts in the small halls, then the full-timers can come over and sub for me. But these past few weeks, we've been so busy and short-staffed that we've been burning though all the part-timer's hours by Tuesday or Wednesday every week.

So... really: We have too many damn shows for the staff we have. That's the real problem. Getting more fingers to plug up all the leaks in the dike that keep springing up because the pressure is being pushed too high is really the wrong solution if you ask me...

Had a pretty successful date today. #3. Nice dinner, lots of talking. Dessert at Cheesecake Factory... then about 20 minutes of smooching in the parking lot like a couple of hormonal teenagers. (The goodnight kiss got a little out of hand...)

So... now I have 3 different women wanting 2nd dates... All of which I'm pretty sure could lead to far more intimate relations, judging by the communications I've been getting from them... And several others I haven't met with yet wanting a first date... And almost zero time to do any of it.

I'm not cut out for this...

thanks zoom, same to you. :)

Had a great veteran's day, probably the first I've ever enjoyed...hung out with the veterans from my school, we went to the vet retirement home for lunch, and hit up texas roadhouse, starbucks, and olive garden. free meals, why not? :D think this is the first veteran's day besides the kuwait deployment where i actually spent the majority of the day with fellow vets.

picked up my copy of the master chief collection from gamestop...had it "install" when i got home, friend picked me up for the gym, got back, put internet online to it...so now it's doing a 15 gig update. grrrrrrrrrreat. kinda feel bad for leaving my dog home by himself the whole day.

Ed; I'm being deadly serious. I've been considering moving out of Rochester for sometime... and if it can provide a livable wage for a studio/1BR apt in or around Boston.... yeah. That's something I would seriously consider.

The problem, of course, is the money to move TO Boston. And dealing with the Patriot's fans. And the psycotic work schedule.

sounds like you need to storm into the HR office, and tell them, if they don't find the money in the budger to hire some more staff, they might need to start looking for someone to replace you since you will be in IR dealing with a heart attack due to stress

Work was about as bad as it can get for me. everyone is making thier last gasps before holiday season and the storm has made everyone scared.

The supposed storm was nothing here in lacrosse. 2 inches of snow that melted on every paved surface by the time I got home from work

But I am going to Madison this weekend *KERMIT FLAIL* YEAAAAAAAA!

Been landing the space shuttle lately, using an app I got at http://fsim.com. It's pretty realistic, in that you can totally screw up and nose dive into the earth if you aren't careful.

Here is another pilot (not me) landing one on Youtube:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Naturally, I ignore the runway just for kicks. :max: So far I've landed on the salt flats at Edwards AFB and the beach at Kennedy...

(Me)

121114-2107_zps5a4b6859.jpg

Long weekend turned out to be absolutely worth it in the end. We had a classic title match between two of the three bowlers that have won the most in NEBA's history, and I caught one of the Coke league bowlers shooting a 300 game Saturday night during qualifying. The latter bowler thanked me today for my service; it made my day, but I haven't told him that other than a "Like".

sick of feeling sorry for myself. when will i get it right?

half of my wants to just say **** the world and go active duty the other half wants to stay optimistic and find someone to marry. **** this ****ing torture. :( seems i have a better chance at going active duty....

Been landing the space shuttle lately, using an app I got at http://fsim.com. It's pretty realistic, in that you can totally screw up and nose dive into the earth if you aren't careful.

You should try kerbal space program

This is a highly modifed version of a person landing a shuttle in the game (jump to 14:21 to skip the boring part)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Snowed here too, but didn't stick. Some of the towns around me got a dusting.

Had a surprise day off yesterday, and I celebrated it by doing nothing. Slept late, took a nap mid-day, and went to bed early.

Today I have to do paperwork for dad again, run some errands, and maybe go out this evening to meet somebody.

Tomorrow starts another run of long days and late nights without a break for well over a week. Good times. :dozey:

Master Chief collection is pretty good so far. my only gripe isn't so much with the game, but the ****ing xbox one keeps disconnecting from the internet...i'll have to figure out how to extend the wifi, my 360 picks it up flawlessly-and it sits less than 2 feet away from the xbox one.

got a 102% on my WW1 history exam. :)

You should try kerbal space program

WTF? :max: Those aren't humans, that isn't properly a space shuttle...and you land on totally the wrong planet!

They do go through re-entry, whereas the Fsim program starts you out at 50,000 feet. Also, the avionics look interactive, and Fsim displays all information in the HUD.

Not sure about being a Kerbal:

180px-Happy_kerbal.jpg

KSP is pretty fun. we had office competitions on how many we killed.

I won, since I'm bad at rocket science. 50 Kerbals died to reach the Moon.

Finally got a flight stick. Nothing fancy, just a Logitec "extreme" 3D Pro. Fired up TIE Fighter... INSTANT Nostalgia.

Looks ok, but man, is it fun flying squints and shooting wishbones down... :D

4th first date tonight. She was very nice. We didn't run out of things to talk about. But I'm not sure there was any "spark" there.

Still, if she's interested, I'd go for a 2nd.

4 dates in 3 weeks since I joined the website, with a 7-day-workweek schedule. Some kind of new record. Well, certainly one for me. One more date, and I think I will have already topped my record for the entire decade of my 30's. :dozey:

had fun with my friends yesterday and this morning...

went hiking and scouting for some hunting spots with my one buddy, then headed over to my friends place (the girl i really like and just cant get over for some reason) with my other buddy. went to the usual bar, then came back to her place and played 'just dance' for about an hour, got my friend caught up on the walking dead and went to sleep...had breakfast at a diner this morning, then came home..my mom stopped by to pick my dog up and watch him til after thanksgiving. going to some training tomorrow, friday going back to school...then coming home and packing/getting ready for trip to virginia with my buddy for the weekend. so...this week is gonna fly. hoping i get my work study pay soon so i can get some groceries. :\

My body is telling me that I have overdone it with work. I can't shake a constant exhaustion, my throat has been sore for 4 days, and my face is breaking out in cold sores.

Sorry body... we have to keep going. Late night tonight, a 14 hour day tomorrow, then 12 hour days Friday and Saturday. It's not over yet.

Archived