Home

The Swamp doesn't seem the same anymore!

leXX

[rant]I dunno about you guys but this place just doesn't seem the same since the game threads were removed. I much prefered having them here and not in a seperate forum. The games threads provided a little light relief for me and a well needed laugh. Now that they are gone, the swamp seems...well...boring! I for one would like to see the games threads back over here. I realise some ppl think there were too many of them, but for me it wasn't an issue, after all this is The Swamp, the place where you are meant to discuss almost anything and have FUN. Also, this lagg argument doesn't cut it with me, I havn't noticed the slightest bit of difference. I think it is a pain having to go back and forth between the two. If it ain't broke, don't fix it![/rant]

I agree to an extent.

If we continue to branch the swamp like this, it'll end up being just a few threads on why purple is the better color.

With that said, the game threads were crawling all over the place when the mods decided to do something about it. A couple of people decided it would be fun to create a huge number of game threads and just couldn't stop it seems. Then we end up with 18 game threads and every non-game being pushed down because the games were the most popular. I liked it when we only had 2 or 3 games running, but in the end, the sprawl of games ended up making it seem less swamp like as well.

Cut a swathe through the game forum, eliminating every but the most popular game threads, and then reinstall those into the swamp.

BTW: Use the RPG forum as stories forum too, as not many people are likely to post novels and poetry after all, IMHO.

Originally posted by dAno

what i agree on most is that this place is waayyyy boring now. and i hate going back and forth from games to swamp, it takes way longer now then the lag that it gave when they were in the same forum.

i agree with darklighter in that the swamp is getting boring, but the loss of lag is really awesome. I also look forward to the stories thread, but whats startign to bother me most is that some people are not reading old threads and just posting threads that are already in existence. How many: how old are you? or whats on your holiday wishlist? or GTA Vice city threads have there been in the last two weeks??

personally though im fine w/ out the lag and dont mind having to use a new domain for games

id be cool w/ the organization if we didnt have lag

dont double post :aobi:

Originally posted by rskateboy

I agree it's boring. I'm starting a new orginization BBG(Bring Back the Games):D

Count me in! ;)

Can anything actually be done about this? Can it be reversed? I think there should be a majority vote or something.

Originally posted by leXX

Count me in! ;)

Can anything actually be done about this? Can it be reversed? I think there should be a majority vote or something.

I'll consult my elders, but I am not setting anything it stone here.

[rant]I agree also. From what I understand the games were moved to a new forum because some guy posted several similar games here all at once and some mods got pissed off. They moved the games and to a separate forum which seems a bit silly, considering they laugh at me for wanting a separate stories forum. If we can't have a stories forum why do we need a games forum? I mean how many games do they really think we will come up with? As for stories I have a backcatalog of literature I have written with no medium to showcase it in. I know there are alot of poeple with some talant here that get's un-noticed. The RP forum sucks sometimes too because you can start a thread and nobody will participate. I could finish the 007/Bond thread myself, but that is not considered RP, so I just have to sit around and wait for someone to get interested and participate. I say bring back the games(even though it means I lose a mod spot) and create a Stories forum for those who wish to showcase they're work.[/rant]

[rant] Why do you need your games threads here? I dont like them,and all they do is add more lag to the swamp. They arent deleted, so you guys can go to the forum. It only takes another click, and others who dont like it dont have to see it on the front page every day,with the new posts at the bottom. Did I mention the reduced lag?[/rant]

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

So what are you going to do? Create a new forum everytime A thread gets an increased number of replies?:roleyess:

I'm with Rhett, the constant branching out is a bit silly to me.:roleyess:

I agree 100%. If threads keep getting branched off like this, the Swamp is going to be the most boring place in jk2.net forums.

So what are you going to do? Create a new forum everytime A thread gets an increased number of replies?:roleyess:

I'm with Rhett, the constant branching out is a bit silly to me.:roleyess:

I am fine with it now. Stories can go into Role-Playing forum. Serious discussions can go into the swamp.

Now it's nice and lag-free.

Originally posted by leXX

[rant]I dunno about you guys but this place just doesn't seem the same since the game threads were removed. I much prefered having them here and not in a seperate forum. The games threads provided a little light relief for me and a well needed laugh. Now that they are gone, the swamp seems...well...boring! I for one would like to see the games threads back over here. I realise some ppl think there were too many of them, but for me it wasn't an issue, after all this is The Swamp, the place where you are meant to discuss almost anything and have FUN. Also, this lagg argument doesn't cut it with me, I havn't noticed the slightest bit of difference. I think it is a pain having to go back and forth between the two. If it ain't broke, don't fix it![/rant]

The games moved? :confused:

Damn user CP! I never noticed, ha ha ha.

Though honestly there were a lot of game threads popping up. PPL want credit for making a game thread, like the *gulp* 1 word story. Keep the good one's, bag the bad one's, and keep them all in the swamp.

If it's really a game forum, why isn't K'jo-Round there too? Only the swamp games? I say they bring back EVERY game, like the swamp Olympics, who's uglier, and "Hey you there"

:trooper:: Hey you there

:ewok:: Yub yub I'm yo daddy now *throws a rock!*

:trooper:: Aaaagghhh!!

Originally posted by Tyrion

I am fine with it now. Stories can go into Role-Playing forum. Serious discussions can go into the swamp.

Now it's nice and lag-free.

Oh I'm sorry, I must have got the wrong end of the stick! The Swamp is meant for 'serious discussions' only all of a sudden!!! :rolleyes: This place is BORING now. The swamp was a healthy mixture of fun and intellectual conversation, I saw no reason to change it. I enjoyed the fact I could have a serious discussion in one thread and then post something funny in another without having to change forum! Bring back the games and let this place be what it used to be, the legend that is The Swamp.

Lag Smag...I havn't noticed any change! Like Groovy said, what are you going to do, make a new forum everytime a thread gets too big? sheesh

No that was the original plan. We disallowed the post count to see if people were playing the game because it was fun, or just to add numbers to the post count. If people post there it is supposed to be for fun, and not for the numbers. I have seen people get to one thousand in a matter of weeks just by posting in the VS thread, so I support the post count issue. Sorry. :(

No that was the original plan. We disallowed the post count to see if people were playing the game because it was fun, or just to add numbers to the post count. If people post there it is supposed to be for fun, and not for the numbers. I have seen people get to one thousand in a matter of weeks just by posting in the VS thread, so I support the post count issue. Sorry. :(

that's cool, i just wondered if it was just me

Archived