Home

The American Boycott of France

TheJackal

How stupid is this?

Changing the name from French Fries and French Toast to Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast because France is opposing the American mouvement for war against Iraq?

I mean... ITS FOOD!

There's also talk of boycotting french wines and cheese. What's wrong with the American congress? .... oh wait. its mostly republican :p

jk. I dont like the republicans and the Canadian Alliance political parties because of differance of opinions. But that is mostly it. What do you guys think? You for the boycott? If so, why? I'd like to hear your version.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's stupid. France is the smart nation for not wanting war. Sure it might be to do with their oil, but it's THEIR OIL! If america goes in and blows the hell out of iraq, the diplomatic oil agreement will be void and France will lose their oil. The oil will be up for grabs, and the US will want it, just because it was THEIR forces that went in and 'liberated' the iraqis.

There's a France bashing thread going on in the senate forum, but I think I'll close it soon. Too much France bashing by unintelligent uneducated blind bush supporters.

It's only a matter of time before our lord and master, GeeDubya promotes himself to emperor and declares himself the antichrist.:rolleyes:

Did I forget to mention the amendment to extend his next four years(shudders) to a lifetime term in office?

are french fries really from France?

I thought they were from the UK. Could be China though. Speghetti was discovered in China...

Now don't forget, French kissing is now known as freedom kissing, and Mr. French is now called Mr. Freedom. Also, the French Hen will now be known as the freedom hen, and the french horn, yep, you guessed it, the freedom horn.

ok, everyone got it? good.

The stupid part is singling out France. They are an easy target. What about China and the rest of them? Why don't we change their names too?

It is some stupid politician wasting our tax paying dollars to rename bread. No wonder America is in the shape it is.

BigTeddyPaul

Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul

No wonder America is in the shape it is.

It seems to be in pretty damn good shape to me. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Maybe if you feel it's in bad shape, you should go live in the Republic of Congo or something. :)

I highly doubt that this will do anything, and its more of just a way for politicians in the us to tell politicians in france that they dont like what they are doing. you cant just legislate to change americas language. do they really think thousands of restruants will change their menus for this? of course not. just as all but about 5 people in the us will go on calling them french fries and french toast.

The French are not against a war, they are just currently of the belief that the current evidence doesn't support the American stance of the pre-emptive attack. Many of the international intelligence agencies don't believe the way the US have interpreted many pieces of information totally realistically. The US are itching for a real war, to let out the pent up agression from Sept 11.

Hey, man, this stuff isn't really my bag, but are all you Yanks off your tiny little rockers?

This whole thing is ridiculous, baby. Why doesn't everyone just loosen up and get along? Come on, get down and swing instead of trying to kill each other with a war of words and threats, yeah? Just take a leaf from my book... no, not the one about Swedish Penis Enlargers, man... and get along with everyone, baby! Yeah!

Originally posted by TheJackal

How stupid is this?

Changing the name from French Fries and French Toast to Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast because France is opposing the American mouvement for war against Iraq?

I mean... ITS FOOD!

There's also talk of boycotting french wines and cheese. What's wrong with the American congress? .... oh wait. its mostly republican :p

jk. I dont like the republicans and the Canadian Alliance political parties because of differance of opinions. But that is mostly it. What do you guys think? You for the boycott? If so, why? I'd like to hear your version.

Dude!!! They are SELLING Iraq weapons!! Thats why we are against them!

Originally posted by Austin Powers 9

Hey, man, this stuff isn't really my bag, but are all you Yanks off your tiny little rockers?

This whole thing is ridiculous, baby. Why doesn't everyone just loosen up and get along? Come on, get down and swing instead of trying to kill each other with a war of words and threats, yeah? Just take a leaf from my book... no, not the one about Swedish Penis Enlargers, man... and get along with everyone, baby! Yeah!

hahahahaha austin powers in debate mode.;) yeah baby, yeah! i think its stupid. and if we boycotted china guess how many things we'd lose. yep computers, tv's, oh and dont forget the little candy dispensers.(well except for computers and tv's that are made in japan :) )

And just think, I recently heard someone talking about invading France.

If anyone in here really believes and condones this sh*te, please stay silent.

This is the worst load of dung I've heard from USA yet.

Makes me wanna go grrrr on them.

Originally posted by C'jais

And just think, I recently heard someone talking about invading France.

If anyone in here really believes and condones this sh*te, please stay silent.

This is the worst load of dung I've heard from USA yet.

Makes me wanna go grrrr on them.

what about the law that allows them to invade the netherlands?:rolleyes:

Archived