Home

Whats your heritage?

jebbers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OT:Kylilin, did you by chance watch that special on Bruce Lee last night? I think it was on AMC.

If you mean the one in which they showed scene from Game of Death then I have.

I am actually half Italian and half Cuban, but being born and raised in New York City, as well as having the Italian side of my family come through Ellis Island in the early 1900's and settling in Manhattan, then the Bronx, I do consider being from New York a part of my heritage.

Originally posted by Kylilin

If you mean the one in which they showed scene from Game of Death then I have.

I am actually half Italian and half Cuban, but being born and raised in New York City, as well as having the Italian side of my family come through Ellis Island in the early 1900's and settling in Manhattan, then the Bronx, I do consider being from New York a part of my heritage.

Yeah that one ^_^

I'm not really sure from which side of the family my origins are. But I know the irish came from mom's side and I know the italian came from my dads side.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

"Pip"? You kids and your crazy slang. I don't get it.

...For those who havent heard that term, "Pip" comes from the phrase "Pipped to the post" which was *originally* used by journalists to describe the winner of a horse race that had come from further afield :D Im pretty sure its used in the UK as well, so nowdays, to pip someone means to have the advantage on them, or to precede etc... [/end "origins of anglo phrases and terms" lecture]

:D

please resume topic

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Pedantic

Isn't that kind of...mathematically impossible? :confused:

I really hope that you are joking, and that you know what 30 and 70 equals :eek:

If I went to read all my family book, I would find that my mother's family name comes from Holland. There aren't really anything but Danish blood in that family to my knowledge...

My father's is a mixture of Danish, Swedish, and Finnish.

So, European, mostly Scandinavian :)

I noticed that many have family from Germany. How many actually speak/write German in here?

Now! *sets mode: rare lurking mode*

LF is tah bah in comparison to da EB ^_^

Originally posted by Echuu Shen-Jon

I really hope that you are joking, and that you know what 30 and 70 equals :eek:

No...because, if one of his parents are one full thing, and the other parents are another full thing, it'd be 50/50, not 70/30

Originally posted by Acrylic

No...because, if one of his parents are one full thing, and the other parents are another full thing, it'd be 50/50, not 70/30

'course, if 6 of his grandmother/grandfathers were, lets say Spanish, and other two of his grandmother/grandfathers were french, then he'd be around 70/30. Not exactly, but close enough.

Originally posted by Acrylic

Exactly....I think having 30% of something is...like...impossible mathematics when it comes to genetics.......since you get half of your genes from your father, and half from your mom, and they each got half from each of their parents.

Thusly, your genetics can only be in halves...

1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, so on so forth.

Originally posted by Tyrion

'course, if 6 of his grandmother/grandfathers were, lets say Spanish, and other two of his grandmother/grandfathers were french, then he'd be around 70/30. Not exactly, but close enough.

He cant have six grandparents. Only 4. Wow, you really dont know genetics do you?

:p

Archived