Home

Notice To All Members!

Darth Groovy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah he'll be fine tommorow morning. hes had a bit of bad luck of late and were talking the straw that broke the camels back

im not trying to get anyone on his side - he knows it was dumb and i know it was dumb but he wants to know one thing:was it really nessicary to make a whole new thread talking about how he messed up

Slipknot is horrible. Any group with more than 5 people is obviously lacking individual talent and so they have to make up with overwhelming numbers.

Aaaah, i'll drink to that

Selene, its taken as an example to avoid this stuff in the future. "Those who forget their past are condemned to repeat it"

Originally posted by Alegis

Aaaah, i'll drink to that

Selene, its taken as an example to avoid this stuff in the future. "Those who forget their past are condemned to repeat it"

he said werd and he went to bed:p

he said you should atleast put his name on his quotes though so people know who to get po'd at and then he gave a grin

Originally posted by ZBomber

It's not his opinion, it's how he expressed it.

indeed. that is the point right there. Even in my run ins with ppl Ive tried to argue a point as sensibly as I can(?they might disagree)... doing all of this type of thing :

*** you and *** him and **** her ****** and her pet **** cat

will get you naught far, especially with hardasses like groovy and jed around :p

theres nothing wrong with apologising too, its the mark of man IMO if you realised youve messed up and fess up for it....

IG, come down to Oz and hang out with astro......he'll take you to the finest disreputable establishments our fine city has to offer :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by LightNinja

lol yep, specially in The Sliced tauntaun xP

c'mon its not too bad. alot of ppl there are relatively new so they are just finding their feet, if the mods do their job(which they seem to be doing well), they'll help enforce that its not cool to get on and flame someone just coz theyre not standing right in front of you....

plus, they'll calm down a bit more when they can actually talk about playing BF......I hope :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by iamtrip

Kain deserved a ban.

Thats alot coming from someone who hasn't seen him post for more than a month.:rolleyes:

But yeah, I've had my share of flaming mods and supermods. Never admins, cuz all admins kick ass. But now, I've since then calmed down from my "e-rebel" stages, and now am focusing on a different perspective....which I haven't thought of yet.

We feel flattered that Kain thinks we made this thread jsut because of him :D but the truth is, its more of a notice to all the memebers, due to seemingly more hostile posting habits across the board. Everyone is allowed to express their opinion, so long as they do it in a civil and respectful manner :) so no, this thread isnt just about Kain, but he was 1 of many contributing factors.

I have a pretty short temper as well. But through some amazing phenomenon, I haven't been banned yet.

Same for me. But i always follow the golden rule: Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics: you may win, but you'll still look retarded ;)

And that's the truth. Needless to say i don't argue online anymore.

Well, i'm at least trying...

Originally posted by Doomgiver

Same for me. But i always follow the golden rule: Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics: you may win, but you'll still look retarded ;)

Thats not very nice.

Originally posted by Hiroki

*cough* I think I know somebody who deserves one more, though... :dozey:

:D Sorry little Mo.

Thats just my opinion.

What have I done to deserve a ban???

Originally posted by acdcfanbill

We feel flattered that Kain thinks we made this thread jsut because of him :D but the truth is, its more of a notice to all the memebers, due to seemingly more hostile posting habits across the board. Everyone is allowed to express their opinion, so long as they do it in a civil and respectful manner :) so no, this thread isnt just about Kain, but he was 1 of many contributing factors.

He's dead on. I did not single Kain out. I rather like Kain, seriously, I do. Kain will be back tomorrow, we just hope he is a little nicer this time. :)

Wether I like him or not, is irrelavant. He broke some rules and basically pissed off all the wrong people, even after flaming. Keep in mind that he is not the ONLY one I have banned for that reason. In the past two weeks I have banned about 3 people for constant flaming after warnings.

This thread is not about Kain at all, it's just that I have noticed a trend in threads going off topic and turning into heated arguments where members verbally assault the crap out of each other. I just want it to end. The Swamp was not like this a couple of months ago, but not it seems like there are several forums across LF where every silly topic turns into a HUGE argument for no apparent reason. I am tired of closing threads, and banning people.

I also want to point out that we NEVER ban somebody because of his/her opinion. It is simply how you express it.

For example:

Member #1: Slipknot sucks.

Member #2: Slipknot rules, you ****ing suck

Member #1: Shut the **** up and eat a bag of hell.

Moderator: Both of you guys cool it.

Member #1: STFU, and let me defend myself, and while your at it, all you mods can eat a bag of hell.

Member #2: Why should I listen to you , you, nobody cares what you say, so **** you, and your father's favorite snacks.

Now, as far as I can see, Member #1 was not out of line, until he retaliated against Member #2. It was not the "opinion" that got him in trouble, it was the way he started telling Member #2 off. Even though Member #2 started it, it is irrelavant, we punish those who break the rules, not who started the fight. If both parties are involved in the fight, both of them get the same treatment.

Now what we do is send both of these members a warning via private message UNLESS THEY'RE INBOX IS FULL. Now once they get warned two more times in either the thread or private message, if the argument persists with hateful remarks and name calling, we temp ban both members. If they re-register during a temp ban, the temp ban becomes permanent. If they come back at the end of the temp ban and start up on old habbits again, they become gone for good.

If you want some really good solid advice, when somebody starts calling you names and telling you off in a thread click the link on the post that says: Report this post to a moderator. DO NOT HARASS THEM BACK. Honestly, I have not recieved a report post email in almost a year, so obviously that feature is overlooked. If you can't find that, then just pm one of us, we all keep our pm inboxes clean. Just let us handle it, in the end it makes you look better, and we can keep the threads under control rather than just closing them all the time.

Selene,

tell Kain, he can still email us, and also tell him that none of us hold grudges or have any hard feelings towards him.

Archived