Home

Tis No Man, Tis A Remorseless Eating Machine!!!.....

Leper Messiah

Zim: I am the local baby inspector. I've come here to inspect the baby.

Mother: Goodness, for what?

Zim: YOUR RESISTANCE WILL BE NOTED!!

Mother: Ah!

GIR: I saw a squirrel. He was going like this! *chiff chiff chiff*

GIR: Can I be a mongoose?

Zim: No GIR. What do humans usually have as pets? You will be a dog!

GIR: Can I be a mongoose dog?

[if any of these quotes is wrong its because I didn't feel like unzipping my Zim episodes to get the exact ones]

Oh god, if only I could remember every line from every Simpsons episode....but the one I recall the best (since I saw it just a few days ago) is this, from "Treehouse of Horror V":

Lisa: Bart, does it strike you as odd that Uter disappeared and suddenly they're serving us this mysterious food called "Uterbraten"?

Principal Skinner: Oh, relax, kids, I've got a gut feeling Uter is around here somewhere. After all, isn't there a little Uter in all of us? In fact, you might even say we just ate Uter and he's in our stomachs right now! Wait...scratch that one.

The Simpsons is really a great show, there are so many allusions/references/jokes that no one person can know them all; furthermore, you always notice something new when you rewatch an episode. Like the other day when my dad and I were watching the aforementioned episode, I noted that they added umlauts to several letters in the "Oktoberfest" banner, such as to the second T and K - these of course would never normally have umlauts in German, as only vowels can.

For all you other Simpsons nerds out there, I got the above quotes from this site: http://www.snpp.com/ . It seems to have a crapload of information on each episode, if you're interested. Now that's what I call a dedicated group of fans.

Originally posted by BongoBob

Robot Dad: They took my squeezing arm...WHY DID THEY TAKE MY SQUEEZING ARM!

OMG! I LOVE THAT QUOTE. I laughed until I cried for that one.

*cough*If anyone knows the name of that episode...ya know...so I can see it again, please post it here or PM me*cough*

favourite Homer quotes...

i'm not usually a praying man... but if you're up there, help me superman!

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

stupid sexy flanders!

If he is so smart, how come he is dead?

What is a wedding? Webster's Dictionary defines a wedding as "The process of removing weeds from one's garden."

Well, crying isn't gonna bring him back ... unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can either sit there crying and eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell enough like dog food to make your dog come back or you can go out there and find your dog.

You know, Moe, my mom once said something that really stuck with me. She said, `Homer, you're a big disappointment,' and God bless her soul, she was really onto something.

Originally posted by BongoBob

ZIM:The city is filled with...madness...

GIR:Mm, I like madness!

Robot Dad: They took my squeezing arm...WHY DID THEY TAKE MY SQUEEZING ARM!

GIR: I'M GONNA EAT A RAT!

Invader Zim pwns :D

Jhonen Vasquez is god.

Homer (to Bart): "If something's hard to do, it's not worth doing"

I'd post the entire quote, but I can't remember it :p

Dexter: Today, I vow to live my life according to the Law's o' Science!

Dee Dee: Want to see my new dance? It's called "The Fanciful Unicorn!" *runs around in circles with index finger pointing off forehead*

Mandark: Ha-ha-ha, ha-ha-ha, ha-ha-ha hah-ha-ha-ha (hard to get that pattern down in text form!) There's an episode where we see that he obsessively does everything in that pattern, it's great.

I loved the episode where they do a spoof of "Requiem for a Dream" with the coffee drinking.

And the "Justice Friends"? Golden...

---------------------------------

Ren & Stimpy:

Ren: YOU FILTHY SWINE! I WILL KILL YOU!

POWDERED TOAST MAAAAAAAN!!!

Stimpy: ---- (nothing he ever says, just that stupid smile with tongue hanging out thing he does)

Ren was always going crazy or on the verge of losing it, and Stimpy is always so blithely ignorant, yet he can turn things around with some brilliant observation that even Ren has to admit is true.

---------------------------------

Beavis & Butt-head:

No specific quotes, but that episode where they join a cult was pretty funny.

Butt-head (not impressed): Oh yeah, like, if you're "god," uh, who built the Ark?

Cult leader (pause... then dramatically): NOAH!!!

Beavis & Butt-head: WHOA!! (*start frantically bowing and worshipping the cult leader*)

And that one episode where Beavis was getting a ride inside a giant tire that Butt-head pushed down a hill (and into traffic, etc). The sheer unforgiving stupidity of the two, and the dumb luck that somehow keeps them alive (most of the time) is just awe-inspiring.

---------------------------

Powerpuff Girls:

Anything Mojo Jojo says (and repeats six different ways).

George Lucas was clearly inspired by this character when he created the Nemoidians.

That episode where they use a large robot to utterly destroy a city fighting a monster is great too. The fact that they probably did worse than the monster ever could on his own is such a great cliche to mock about superhero stories and action movies in general.

----------------------------

Johnny Bravo:

Those impulsive Karate yells he does with the crazy hand gestures (including the loud snapping noises as his arms fly around).

One of the best episode was the one where he gets his dorky roommate Carl to share a trailer and how they fight over their territory.

-----------------------------

Batman: The Animated Series

No specific lines, but I just like Mark Hamill's interpretation of the Joker. Great villian. ; )

So I've got my share of "new cartoons" (well, relatively new) that I enjoy, in addition of course to the old school Looney Toones characters (especially Bugs Bunny). Of the old Disney characters I was always partial to Donald Duck. He was always freaking out and almost never got his way. You couldn't help but feel sorry for the mercurial old duck.

Btw, I also really liked the animated "The Hobbit" tv-movie. The songs, and the way the characters look and act just always seemed cool to me. The campiest moments are the best too. I got endless enjoyment out of imagining the dwarves utterly destroying Bilbo's dishes and eating him out of house and home, until he had no choice but to go "adventuring" with them. And the look on Gandalf's face and the way he replies when Thorin says "Out of the way, OLD FOOL!" on the battlefield.

ive been watching some old episodes of Xmen : Evolution lately, and the show is pretty cheesy, but there was one hilarious line, where storm was buffeting the x-plane against a snowstorm outside and logan made some snide comment to which she replied...

Storm: "I'm a Weather Witch, not a Snowplow"

it just struck me as hilarious when i saw and i laughed my furry lil butt off for like 5 minutes.

Tom & Jerry:

Tom trying to woo a young cat by playing the blues on an stand up bass:

"Is you is or is you ain't my baby?"

The white mouse will NOT explode.

After several radio announcements about an explosive labratory white mouse, Jerry decides to play a nasty prank on Tom by torrmenting him as usual, but disguised as the infamous white mouse. The fun ends when Jerry's disquise wears off, however the dreaded actual white mouse sneaks into the house. Tom believing him to be Jerry in disquise again, decides to boot the mouse out of the house *KABOOM!!!*

*announcement on the broken radio*

"This just in, the white mouse will not explode, repeat the white mouse will NOT explode!"

Tom: "DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT!"

"East? I thought you said Weest!"

"If I had a dollar for every brain you don't have, I'd have one dollar. hehheh."

"Happy Leif Ericson Day!"

"They burned our crops, poisoned our water supply, and delivered a plague unto our houses!"

"THEY DID?!"

"No... but are we just gonna stand around until they do?!"

"He's not in my thoughts."

"WELL THINK AGAIN!"

"I love Karate."

"I love Karatay."

"I love Money-ay."

:¬: "I hate all of you."

Can anyone guess what cartoon I'm quoting from? :xp:

Archived