Home

Coffee

RevanA4

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RedHawke

I'm another one of those 'strange ones' that never aquired a taste for coffee...

Though when another source of caffiene isn't available I have had a 911 or two from Starbucks... at least that is what I think it was called. :D

:confused: I've been to starbuck to many times to count and I've never heard of that drink there :eek::cool:

Originally posted by Darth333

but we have other places and one very good called "brûlerie St-Denis"

There's a saint named Denis in canada? ive never heard of him well if he exsists, i should know because my best friend from the age of 4 is in canada and my name is Dennis(yeah i know its no the same name but we pronounce it similarly) see the connection?

^^^^

BLASPHEMY!!!!

kidding aside, i used to drink sodas in the morning before i was an avid coffee drinker. but i was also a bit overweight, and the whole sugar/caffeine rush usually didn't last long enough. now that i drink coffee, i stay awake longer and i have actually lost a bit of weight without drastically changing my lifestyle. besides, coffee is better than soda when it comes to your health.

but, hey, to each their own. if you prefer Coke over coffee, thats just fine in my book. :D

Originally posted by MdKnightR

I can't stand coffee. I have a Coke in the Morning ! :) I have to be the only teacher I know who doesn't drink coffee.

MdKff

you Have to be the only teacher i know of that doesn't drink coffee:p

note: to become and IT/Programmer person you HAVE to drink COFFEE that is a requirment:p

the above note is due to the fact that I don't know anybody that works in an IT or programming possition that doesn't drink coffee

Originally posted by Darth Band

There's a saint named Denis in canada? ive never heard of him well if he exsists, i should know because my best friend from the age of 4 is in canada and my name is Dennis(yeah i know its no the same name but we pronounce it similarly) see the connection?

lol you should see all the saint names we have in Quebec (we even have a town called "Ste-Émilie de l'Énergie" "St-Emily-of-the-Energy" :D )...everything has saint names as Catholic religion was present everywhere until the 60's. There's a street called St-Denis in Montreal and they started the Brûlerie st-denis café there so this is where the name comes from. I have no idea of who st-Denis was :confused: but it can be found with google I guess.

I was really just kidding. I usually don't have anything first thing in the morning. The first thing to touch my palette in the day (most days) is lunch. I have never been a breakfast person. I still remember when I was a kid that I would feel a little ill if my mother made me eat something before catching the bus to school. Guess I never really grew out of it. I have to be really starving when I wake up to eat anything.

MdK

I hate coffee...or anything similar to. I don't do any of that kind of stuff. My ex-gf tried to get me to drink that garbage...but I resisted! It just tastes so bad....no thanks!

*knows he's in the minority here*

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I hate coffee...or anything similar to. I don't do any of that kind of stuff. My ex-gf tried to get me to drink that garbage...but I resisted! It just tastes so bad....no thanks!

*knows he's in the minority here*

YEA! Another coffee hater!

You know, I had a bad experience with coffee while I was still in college. I didn't like it back then either, but I had an 8 part edition (of 8 runs each) of screenprints due the next day in my class and I hadn't started the project yet. I didn't even have a design when I walked into the printmaking lab at 6pm that night. After a few hours of working on my project, one of the other art students at the college came in and set up a coffee pot. Well, I was getting tired by that time, so I asked if I could have a few cups. He said, "Sure, have all you want. Just brew up more when it is gone." I lost count as to how many pots of coffee I drank that night trying to stay awake so I could get my edition finished. By daybreak, I was so sick and I haven't touched another drop since. This was at the end of the semester and I didn't do any more screenprints for YEARS afterward because every time I thought about it, I got sick.

True story!

MdK

The only thing I like at a coffee house is the veggie sandwiches that some of them make. Oh, and I do like the smell. Its really odd, to me, how something that smells so good can taste so awful (talking about the coffee). Its just the opposite of steamed cabbage...smells horrible, but tastes so good!

Originally posted by jedigoku

coffee tastes good steamed cabbage tastes bad

*goes out and gets a cup of coffee*

That's okay kid, your tastes will mature when you grow older. I didn't have the guts to eat spinach or steamed cabbage until I was in my late 20s. The only reason I know that my taste for coffee will never develop is bacause I am nearing middle age and have become set in my ways. :)

Originally posted by MdKnightR

That's okay kid, your tastes will mature when you grow older. I didn't have the guts to eat spinach or steamed cabbage until I was in my late 20s. The only reason I know that my taste for coffee will never develop is bacause I am nearing middle age and have become set in my ways. :)

:snear: :snear: I AINT A KID and I have had steamed cabbage and it tastes terible and I love spinach:p expecially baby spinach

you if you ever wanna see what it be like if hitler won the war go to star bucks and watch for an hour.

p.s please tell me if references to hitler int thwese forums is frowned upon i dont want offend any1. Im jewish and im not offended.

as long as you're not calling someone "Hitler" I think we'll be fine. Just use some common sense on how it's referenced and all will be well. :) - ChAiNz.2da

Archived