Coffee

RevanA4

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what hot coco is for XDDD

I can drink a pot of coffee at night and sleep like a log. :xp:

but yeah I have a high tolerance for Caffeine

Yeah, I also built up a high tolerance during the college days. I used to be able to drink caffeine til 2am during finals week, go right to sleep without any problem, get up at 5am, drink coffee or Diet Pepsi the rest of the day, and repeat the cycle for 3 or 4 days til finals were done. Of course, then when I crashed I slept for the next 36 hours.

Ten years ago I could drink caffeine til bedtime and not have any problems sleeping. Now I don't know if it's a combo of getting a bit older, one of the medications I take interacting with the caffeine, or just having kids and being a little more alert for their cries that makes it a lot harder to sleep if I do caffeine after about 3pm.

Anyway, I'm having a fine time trying out all the coffee suggestions. Now I just have to learn how to make a good pot of coffee reliably. Sometimes it's a little weak (which is fine by me), sometimes it's a bit too strong. Ah well, live and learn. If one pot's really bad, I can always make another. :)

^^^^

in that case, you may not want to copy me and use three scoops for one cup. :p

ahh well I'll say thats rather weak :xp:

Now I just have to learn how to make a good pot of coffee reliably. Sometimes it's a little weak (which is fine by me), sometimes it's a bit too strong. Ah well, live and learn. If one pot's really bad, I can always make another.

well for my family(this doesn't include me) they usually use 1/4 of coffee for 10 cups of water. which is ok if you aren't into strong coffee but for me meh I'll go with about 1 cup of coffee for 10 cups of water

• 8 months later...

Resurrection of threads can be fun....

I got this link to a journal article/continuing medical education today on coffee consumption lowering the risk of diabetes. Thought you all might appreciate seeing that coffee could be beneficial. :)

Coffee Consumption May Reduce Risk for Type 2 Diabetes

We've enjoyed Cameron's Chocolate Caramel Brownie coffee lately. Cameron's also makes organic coffee, and the birdwatcher blend is pretty good, too. I miss the Kauai, though. :)

I used to drink coffee by the gallons, but I gave it up.

Had to, caffeine kills my stomach. That means no Dew, Coke or Pepsi. Which is kinda astounding seeing how I'm up at 4:20am for work everyday.

That's OK

By step 8, I finally learned to live without it. :p

I don't even crave anymore.

My support group helps alot. We sit around and discuss various beverages and reminisce of the good old days of Jolt and college final exam cram fests featuring cases of Dew and coffee.

Every once in awhile, I will treat myself to a few italian expressos laced with vsop cognac though. Those seem to comfortably accompany post midnight Chess or GO matches.

I used to drink coffee by the gallons, but I gave it up.

Had to, caffeine kills my stomach. That means no Dew, Coke or Pepsi.

Yep, I had to cut way down on the Diet Pepsi in the last year for the same reason, but coffee doesn't seem to bother it. Sucks to get older....

We sit around and discuss various beverages and reminisce of the good old days of Jolt and college final exam cram fests featuring cases of Dew and coffee.
Ugh' date=' ack, [b']Jolt[/b]. I tried that once, and decided if there was ever a beverage that belonged in Hell, that was it.

Every once in awhile, I will treat myself to a few italian expressos laced with vsop cognac though. Those seem to comfortably accompany post midnight Chess or GO matches.

Try a match of Kingmaker some time. You may not finish the game before 5:40 am, but it'll certainly be good fun.

Coffee!!! My one source of sustenance during my long nights writing intermible term papers and studying for final exams. I like any coffee that is original blend. Starbucks I seek out caramel macchiatos and frappacinos. As for places like Mc Donalds I drink a standard 16-20 ounce cup of regular coffee and add some juice to it with cream and a whole bunch of sweeteners. My instant solution is iced coffee. Bring on the rush!

hehe, i was beginning to wonder what ever happened to this thread. for those that don't know me too well, i probably drink more coffee in a day than most people, but my coffee intake has slacked quite a bit. that's probably due to me working 60+ hours a week over the summer and not having the time to hit up the maker while i was doing my job.

but since i've started back up in college, my coffee intake is once again increasing by the day. what makes it even better is that a good friend of mine roasts his own coffee beans as a local supplier for several local restaurants (beans imported from Honduras, i think). lets just say that he gives me a "discount". :D

@Jae, Kingmaker huh? I'm curious. Thanks for the tip. :thmbup1:

My girlfriend drinks coffee at any time of day. Sometimes it'll be 8:00 at night and the coffee maker's brewin'.

She doesn't drink the regular stuff. She's always drinking some aromatic, flavored crap that smells unbelievable.

Every once in a great while I'll regress and steal some. :ninja2:

I love the strong, bitter expresso the best.

(someone pull Cygnus off of the ceiling please before he hurts himself)

@Jae, Kingmaker huh? I'm curious. Thanks for the tip. :thmbup1:

My girlfriend drinks coffee at any time of day. Sometimes it'll be 8:00 at night and the coffee maker's brewin'.

She doesn't drink the regular stuff. She's always drinking some aromatic, flavored crap that smells unbelievable.

Every once in a great while I'll regress and steal some. :ninja2:

I love the strong, bitter expresso the best.

(someone pull Cygnus off of the ceiling please before he hurts himself)

We can drink coffee any time of the day here in WI because it's cold pretty much any time of the day, except on July 18th when we have our 1 day of 'summer'. :giggle1:

I don't really like the 'regular stuff' unless it has serious amounts of creamer and Splenda (Sweet-n-low is good in iced tea, but not in hot drinks). And I really dislike cheap coffee--too bitter for my newbie coffee palate. So, we buy the better stuff, including the mega-triple chocolate-for-the-chocolate-addict-super vanilla-roasted pecan flavored stuff, which I think is terrific.

Kingmaker--it's an Avalon-Hill game about the War of the Roses, and I heard it might be out of print, so it may take a little searching to find. You build your group of nobles (and therefore their armies), make alliances with your 'friends' to make war on your 'enemies' to suck up the nobles they have, and then screw over your allies to take their nobles, too. It's not a brief game at all, but it's great fun. :D

Hot chocolate is for the winter for me my friend.

Jae: have you tried Equal in regular coffee? Woohoo! Do I get the rush.

Once somebody made me a coffes drink that had regular coffe from BK and mixed in vanilla shake and we iced it and man was I bouncing off the walls. It was a good thing too because I was the closing cashier that night. I didn't go to bed until three in the morning.

Now that I am in college I drink coffee only if I need it and that is usually around finals time which is the week of December 4th. I get a day in between to get over from my hangover from my B-day on the second and then get the panic attacks. Will I Survive?

I stopped drinking the **** years ago, went back on for about a month back in March, stopped again. I have enough vices as it is, I don't want to destroy my body through any chemical means. My cousin on the other hand has nothing but chemical vices, 18 years old and his body is destroying it self, bastard isn't getting a kidney from me.

Destroy :confused:

Coffee has multitudes of health benefits when drank in moderation.... it's all that cream and sugar crap is what kills ya'...

As long as you're not guzzling a tanker full every morning (like me.. hehehe) coffee can actually be better for you than you might think. It contains antioxidants, prevents gall (and possibly) kidney stones, it's an anti-cancer agent (though even I'm still skeptic over this till I see more results)...

Many more.. Google will bring you a horde of benefits. But as anything, moderation (and ditching the fru-fru flavors) is the key...

Now soda.. that's a killer... might as well stick a poison sticker on it if anyone drinks that rot-gut on a daily basis...

Most people don't drink it in moderation, most people seem to become dependent on Coffee. I've been feeling much better since I quit drinking coffee again, I'm just going to stick to leafy green vegetable for my antioxidants. The main reason I think I quit was how awful I felt when I'd been in school for a few hours without access to it and had a crash. I still drink it on occasion, it's easier on the wallet that way.

Archived