Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need recommendation for a Anime, i would prefer if it's not a ongoing show and not more then like 50 episodes.

I have watched

Naruto

Berserk

Elfen Leid

Fullmetall Alchemist

Gurren Lagann

Hellsing

Hellsing Ultimate

Death Note

Slayers

Full Metal Panic

I also watched the first episode of Ghost in The Shell, but didn't like it so much, but it's maybe get better later ? Also watched some random episode from Mecha series, but Gurren Legann is the only one that i felt have been good of those. So any recommendations ? ^^

Ermm... Darker than Black cant be compared. I havent seen any series like this one yet. Another good series which I have yet to finish is Denno Coil (kinda like hack sign), and Mushi-uta (mushishi kinda sorta).

I knew how School Days was going to end. The h-game is the same way... >.>

Watched through Claymore now, and it was pretty good ^^ I meant, just watched 26 episodes in like 3days :lol: Havent decide yet whats next to cross of on your list Aash Li :)
I'd go with Shakugan no Shana (I & II). The first season was really good and the second is just starting to get good (finally Yuuji is starting to act like he does later in the novels).

Yeah if you can stand how Yuuji acts through most of season one, its a great series. Though I wish that girl who faded in episode 2 (I think) of season one, had been the protagonist and not Yuuji. She was cute. :|

I wanted to kick his whiney ass through most of season 1 though. >.<

Oh, and Claymore was more that "pretty good" it was the right mix of girls kicking ass, good story, and lots of action. hehe

Finally, my usual request for stickying... 23 pages and 10k views. Isnt that good enough? Its been around as long as I have on the forums! O.o

theres no point in stickying discussion threads since they're always at the top anyways.

Anyways I haven't had much to watch recently. Really just the weekly episode of Bleach and thats it. All the recommendations in this thread have been great so hopefully I'll be able to pick one of those and enjoy it.

Spice and Wolf is about a giant fox-goddess (shes called a wolf, but looks like a fox). Its good. I had forgotten to mention that one.

And I suppose youre right about the stickying... I just hate to dig for it on the rare occasion it drops off page 1. >.>

Just crossed of Code Geass from the list now, and i can say that now i have seen two animes with mecha that i though been really really good :) And more will come around April

I wonder if there exist any more series with the main characther that are similar to Lelouch or Light from Death Note. I love characthers that are like that, they are so charismatic and manipulate, and don't care about what method they use to get to there goals <3 I wonder if it make me a bad person if i cheered for Light during Death note :lol:

Well, next on the list is Darker Than Black *cought* Shakugan no Shana have been slow to get home <.< *cought*

I mean, it's almost exploitation the way they're hummm...huge? I think my head is smaller then that >.>

Oddly enough the large breasted anime is a recent edition. The average woman in them is C cup or smaller.

I also watched the first episode of Ghost in The Shell, but didn't like it so much, but it's maybe get better later ? Also watched some random episode from Mecha series, but Gurren Legann is the only one that i felt have been good of those. So any recommendations ?

Watching only one episode is like doing the same for any series. The characters of Ghost in the Shell are well created and documented, and grow as time goes on.

As an example I hated the Anime Gunslinger Girls (WHich I only found out about last month) because the basic premise is an anti terrorist organization using young girls that had been in near fatal accidents, converting them into cyborg assassins, and using them to attack the enemy. But after seing three discs of it I suddenly realized the writers are showing you that these little women fall in love with their handlers, and run the gamut you would expect of a woman in love from blushing tears, terror that they will die and mean nothing to the handler, and even the infamous muder suicide pact where the girl kills her handler (Who had betrayed that love) then killed herself.

Give it two discs.

Oddly enough the large breasted anime is a recent edition. The average woman in them is C cup or smaller.

Perhaps it's not so much the average girl as the lust/love object. But how recent are you talking about? Reminds me of an article I saw earlier (only links here being size and nationality):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=525852&in_page_id=1811

Reread, read right ^^ To quote myself "but it's maybe get better later ?"

And i know about that you probaly need to watch more then one episode, like half of the anime i have seen i haven't liked the first episode. But there have always been one little detail that made me somehow intressed in the story and what to come. But in Ghost there wasn't that detail, thats why i ask if it's get better. And after have read about Ghost alittle it seems like most of the episode don't have anything to do with eachother, and that's something i don't like either

And again

I wonder if there exist any more series with the main characther that are similar to Lelouch or Light from Death Note. I love characthers that are like that, they are so charismatic and manipulate, and don't care about what method they use to get to there goals <3 I wonder if it make me a bad person if i cheered for Light during Death note [/Quote]

And BTW, Shakugan no Shana season1 is crossed of the list, started watch season2 yesterday. And damm i get annoying on that other girl that is on love in Yuji, but otherwise a great serie.

Unfortunately there is the rediculous of the "thinnest contest" between the girls, and there is the estimation that almost 1/3 girls are in the state of semi-starvation from time to time due to this trend. And when you waaaay too thin, you tend to lose fat, and cup size. So you end up with girls with the body of a teenage boy, and two pairs of socks in their bra. Note, its not that the guys prefer skeletal girls, its the girls competeing amongst themselves for some god forsaken weird reasons, since most guys prefers girls with some padding... for impact absorbtion if nothing else.

As an example I hated the Anime Gunslinger Girls (WHich I only found out about last month) because the basic premise is an anti terrorist organization using young girls that had been in near fatal accidents, converting them into cyborg assassins, and using them to attack the enemy. But after seing three discs of it I suddenly realized the writers are showing you that these little women fall in love with their handlers, and run the gamut you would expect of a woman in love from blushing tears, terror that they will die and mean nothing to the handler, and even the infamous muder suicide pact where the girl kills her handler (Who had betrayed that love) then killed herself.

Give it two discs.

The comic is even better, though it is a bit more grusome in addition to being more detailed. It introduces an much older girl into the mix later on, which seems to be more stable than the lolis.

I know there are at least a few Appleseed fans out here, so to them and everyone else I just have to recommend the sequel - Appleseed Ex Machina. I just finished watching it a little less than an hour ago and I was even more amazed than with the first one. Great story, great action and great visual quality.

Archived