Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

You know what? I'm seriously doubting a release of K3 in the next two years. Maybe, well, it's not really that important in the grand scheme of things. Sure, K3 could make some money as a cult hit, but there are bigger fish to fry, and new IP is better than old and worn out IP.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many times has this been said again? C'mon people. I am surprised that anyone falls for this "K3 release" stuff anymore. I'm sure we'd all love to see it, but until LA drops the info I'm not holding my breath.

I don't want anyone to take this as fact or anything, it's just something I heard through a Microsoft Rep. I asked about KOTOR and got the standard "Microsoft does not comment on rumors and speculations." I said I'm not asking about rumors and such but just do you think that something is going to come out in the next year or so and he said "Keep your ears to the ground" so maybe something might possibly be up sometime. I work at Best Buy and we had the reps from companies in doing vendor days. It's just idle chatter, but I thought something worth at least mentioning.

All these small comments from LA reps and other companies about "keep your ears to the ground" and stuff like that is screaming E3 at me, i think something will deffinetely be said at E3, I'm almost 90% sure something will be said, and of course there is the possibility of the other 10% being the one that happens, but the 90% means I'm most certain that something will be said, even if its the smallest line ever like "Some games that are now in development: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III and.....".

Anyway yo get my drift, lol.

Seriously guys, we're all waiting for a K3 but the're is no reason to wait for an announcement. We know LucasArts and they're not going to announce a new game at E3. They allready have some hot pieces like The Force Unleashed and the new Indiana Jones game. And K3 is not in developement yet. that's almost a fact.

I don't want to believe that as well though...:D

We know LucasArts and they're not going to announce a new game at E3.
I beg to differ good sir. I don't think we know that at all. LucasArts has an unannounced game being developed by Free Radical. LucasArts may decide to announce what that game is sometime around E3 or they may not.

Of course if the rumors are true then the game that Free Radical is working on is Battlefront 3 but nobody knows that for sure except the people at Free Radical and LucasArts. ;) It doesn't seem like we'll get a KotOR announcement out of LucasArts anytime soon though. :( We can always hope to be surprised at E3 though. :giveup:

I beg to differ good sir. I don't think we know that at all. LucasArts has an unannounced game being developed by Free Radical. LucasArts may decide to announce what that game is sometime around E3 or they may not.

Of course if the rumors are true then the game that Free Radical is working on is Battlefront 3 but nobody knows that for sure except the people at Free Radical and LucasArts. ;) It doesn't seem like we'll get a KotOR announcement out of LucasArts anytime soon though. :( We can always hope to be surprised at E3 though. :giveup:

I hope you are right Char Ell, I really hope you're right...

Battlefront made a lot of money as far as I know (though I think it's not a good game) so the're probably gonna make a third part and Free Radical is well known for their first person shooters, so I think If it is a SW game, it will be BF3...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^^

Comfermation? I couldn't find that word on dictionary.com...

After reading the first link you provided I have to say that is old news, from last November. Many people here are aware of that quote about the KotOR franchise not being left behind, etc., etc. We're still waiting for an official announcement though because until we get one the KotOR franchise is being left behind. :)

Archived