Home

Happy Holidays LF!

Renegade Angel

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ho ho ho!

Yeah, I'm staying at home. I'll spend Christmas Eve with my mom and my sister, and morning with my dad, followed by my mom and my brother. This is between 3 places.

Savor your family bindings while they last, people. ><

Christmas Eve is the biggest night of the year for my family...we gather at my aunt's house for a traditional Ukrainian Christmas meal (it's supposed to be a Black Fast meal, which means no meat, no dairy, no eggs, but we cheat and use butter =d), then exchange gifts and give the kids their non-Santa presents. Christmas Day we give the kids their Santa presents and lounge around all lazy from too much drinking the night before.

My cousin and I have also started the new tradition of going barhopping and then to houseparties on Christmas Day, so I'm really looking forward to that.

On a sidenote, I love the actual holiday and being with my family, but I absolutely loathe the overcommericialization of this season and the LOVE = $ equation that the US sales industry pushes down our throats every day following Thanksgiving. It gets really depersonalizing and depressing =(

MERRY CHRISTMAS! HALLELUHA, CHRIST IS BORN!

I'm celebrating Christmas over three days.

On the 23, I'm spending the day with my girlfriend and her parents. No gifts that day, just hanging out. Her Mom's making a smaller version of a Christmas Dinner (A chicken between the four of us instead of a turkey).

On Christmas Eve, once we finish laying down the last of the hardwood flooring, we'll sit with my "Aunt and Uncle" (not really relatives, just close family friends). At 11:00(pm) we'll go to the Carol Service at Church. We'll then go back to my "Aunt and Uncle"'s house and get boozed up, then go to sleep at a completely unreasonable hour.

On Christmas Day, we'll wake up partially hung over and probably after noon. We'll have the traditional Family Brunch (late brunch), with apple crisp and eggnog (non-alchoholic - too much booze last night). Then we'll go to my grandparents' new house for Christmas Dinner and Gifts. Another outrageously late night, if we go to bed at all before 10:00am.

Well, I for one just had a nice time! My girlfriend and I went out in the snow for a bit (Yes, it started snowing around 6 here) And we actually had one of those so called ''romantic moments''. i had my arm around her and we pretty much stood there and watched the cars go by. it was nice, and also pretty relaxing... the cars all seemed in a rush... Then, we went into my woods for a bit, nothing much to do there, though. Just lots of snow. Our creek is already half frozen. Anyways, I'm looking forward to spending the Holidays with someone besides my parents for once. We haven't decided what to do, but we'll probrably go to the Norwin Town Square and hang around there. *Hopes none of his school teachers see him with Julie* (Our teachers just never realized it, it's obvious and yet they never noticed.... morons....)

Hmmm, probably sitting around the house doing our family tradition of cramming down all the junk food we stocked up on the day before (We laugh in the face of healthy traditionl foods XP) eat a little birthday cake, then just leave each other alone for the rest of the day (when you spend all day working and "bonding" with your family that's about the best gift you can get).

As for gifts, we don't do much under the tree, it makes more sense to wait a couple days for stores to start dumping their stock before taxes.

Although, if I know my dad, we'll probably be working all day :D

And if not, I might just get out of the house early and spawn camp wal-mart for a mythical 360 shipment:D

Yeah, see now, If I didn't have to use all the mojo bestowments up on you sorry forumites I'd have me a girlfriend to spend it with:D

Just regular family stuff, but i'm pretty pumped cause my brother is coming home from London where he's been for nearly 3 years so that'll be awsome to see him. Basically spend it like all others, presents, then to my uncles for a swim in his pool. Would like for once to have a white christmas but summer sun is just as good

Merry Christmas everyone. I even made my avatar a bit festive! :p

I'll spend my Christmas with my family, sometimes my aunts and uncles stop in too. Always a good time in December.

Maybe I should break out the Christmas mod for Jedi Outcast and play it a bit until the 25th....

Happy Holidays!!

I'm going to go see my family. They live about 45min away. Its not too far, but I really only see them on hollidays.

My cousin is comming down from Dallas for the week! He didn't come for Thanksgiving, so I can't wait untill the 25th.

I also went back to my Case Closed theme because I missed it, but decided to give it a little Christmas spirit. For the time being, I'm the "Holiday Detective."

Archived