Home

Happy Holidays LF!

Renegade Angel

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
being a muslim, December 25 in just another day for me. But we do enjoy the public holiday, and usually get together with family/friends for a bbq(its summer here!!) :D

mtfbwya

being a hindu, December 25 in just another day for me. But we do enjoy the 6 public holidays, and usually get together with family/friends for a bbq(its summerwinter here!!)

Hail my uncreative mind...

Christmas for me is much more about atmosphere than gifts. Having Christmas music on while the tree lights up the dark room is all I need to have a happy holiday season. Gift giving/receiving is an added bonus. Seeing my whole family together on Christmas morning is a rare treat, with each of them all having separate lives, but I see each of them throughout the day, so all isn’t lost.

• 2 weeks later...
Christmas for me is much more about atmosphere than gifts. Having Christmas music on while the tree lights up the dark room is all I need to have a happy holiday season. Gift giving/receiving is an added bonus. Seeing my whole family together on Christmas morning is a rare treat, with each of them all having separate lives, but I see each of them throughout the day, so all isn’t lost.

Pssh. Liar. You want presents :p

We'll go to Aunt's on Christmas Eve with parents, kids, sisters, brothers, their kids, cousins, you name it. It'll be both loud and fun. After eating way too many cookies and other fine foods/drinks (including rum cake, your guess on whether it's more food or drink :guiness: ), we'll sit down and open gifts. We'll talk, drink (except for me, I'm driving), and eat more. Then we'll go home. Our kiddos will go to bed, Santa will come fill the stockings, and Christmas day we'll have a fancy breakfast, go to church, come home, open more gifts, call family members who can't be home with us, and then collapse for a well-needed nap.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

:noel:

@Hal, What's unchristian about boobie cookies? I believe boobies were an original part of God's creation, and one of his finest works, they're even better than the Grand Cleava...Canyon (SP? XP)

Not to be a downer, but what about everybody who reads this and isn't able to have the "ideal" Christmass?

Archived