Home

Gaming dissapointments of 2005

BongoBob

My biggest disappointment was the fact that not many games actually appealed to me.

When it comes to individual titles - I was underwhelmed by CoD 2 multiplayer. I expected a great deal more from the game after the great experience of playing United Offensive online, but CoD 2 MP is the worst of all the CoD games imo.

I was looking forward to FEAR - but it became a bit tedious to play due to the bland and repetitive environments. I expected a bit more colour and variety from the developer that brought us the likes of NOLF and Tron 2. It was still a good game, but simply lacked enough variety.

Then, of course, there are all the titles delayed until next year... :(

My biggest disappointment was the fact that not many games actually appealed to me.

Ditto. Its been almost entirely sequels. And largely WW2 games again. Its definately getting played out.

I think i've partly got to the stage where "having the latest, flashiest, trendiest game/graphics" no longer matters to me, and trying to keep a pc up to date isn't worth the money, especially to play yet another WW2 fps. So i'm just playing much more casually, and much more on consoles... and just playing old classics that can be bought cheap 2nd hand.

Biggest disappointment would be Doom3. Graphics were cool, and it was good in places, but t was just too repetetive. ANd basically didn't have the fresh feeling i rememeber from doom games of old.

Actually, biggest disappointment would be Halo. I finally got around to playing it a few months back, and although it had touches of genius in the mechanics in places, the SP was, on the whole, terrible. Dire level design, extreme repetitiveness and generic, predictable story.

PS/ Big red one is a totally different game to CoD2 on the other consoles, and supposed to be nowhere near as good.

...I think i've partly got to the stage where "having the latest, flashiest, trendiest game/graphics" no longer matters to me, and trying to keep a pc up to date isn't worth the money...

Ditto, I've actually been looking for classic games in the bargin bins, like Civ3 and Fallout 1 & 2.

But sadly, I never really get hooked to them and just play some more BF2 or WoW.

Far Cry? I dunno, I'm still up in the air on it. It's so weird... You know how you would polish your fine silver much like you would polish a fine game? It almost feels like they polished off a plastic spork from Taco Bell. o_O I dunno how else to put it.

Too many WWII games as it's already been said.

I was kind of glad that Oblivion was put off seeing as how I would not be able to run it yet. :D

Twilight Princess' delay was no surprise. The promise of a Zelda such as it was the reason behind my initial purchase of a GC back in 2001. I just hope it comes out before the Revolution does.

And also as has been said before, there wasn't a loy out this year I cared for.

Yeah it is disappointing, but it's for the best

Yes, much likely, but I'm still aching to play this game. I'm sure the game will be epic and will become an instant classic.

About the WWII games... True, there has been a lot this year, but with 2 games from the new Brothers in Arms franchise, the genre is finally evolving [into something better], so I'm not complaining here. I'm not even remotely interested in all the new Medal of Honor games, and the Call of Duty 2 demo vas exactly the same thig with a face lift and a stupid health system.

My gaming disappointments:

- The transition from greatness to a mess that was KotOR2:TSL

- That Dungeon Lords was a piece of crap

- That Restricted Area was a piece of crap

- That MetalHeart: Replicants Rampage was a piece of crap

- The mediocre quality of PSP games in general

- The crappiness of the RPG's for the DS

- The mediocrity of FPS on DS - only the controls are good

- The non-release of the Episode III game for the PSP

- That Boiling Point was a buggy, lousy performing mess

- The realization that FPS on PSP will be limited to 'OK' at best due to camera and (mainly) lousy controls

- That Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend was horrible enough to be terrible to my very low expectations

- Quake IV was decent, but ultimately disappointing.

- Two of the three best RPG's this year were Fable & Dungeon Siege II. This is disappointing as Fable is ~15 hours long (compared to most RPG's, that is like a 1.5 hour FPS), and Dungeon Siege II is good, but just more of the same.

But on the good side ...

- LEGO Star Wars absolutely rocked!

- Episode III for the DS was loads of fun, and the flight parts reminded me of Rebel Strike for the 'Cube

- There were some *great* DS games released!

- Gothic II Gold ...

- The 'other' great new RPG was Fate, which brought 'casual' and 'family friendly' to RPG.

Mike

Archived