Home

New Ride :)

Astrotoy7

gday swampers. Its your favourite muslim guy popping in to say hi and show off some pics of my new toy.

For me there was only one thing left to get that Id been dreaming about for a little while....

a toyota prius :)

I was lucky enough to grab a 2004 fairly cheaply. Mine actually used to belong to the local EPA so they looked after it quite well :)

heres some pics... and I'd like to thank sithy's mom for the original inspiration :D

priusPics.jpg

Id like to see/hear what cars other drive ??

mtfbwya

Damn dude, nice ride. It come with a booster seat so's you can see over the dash?

gday cap :)

the LUD is actually meant to be just under the line of direct vision, unlike most conventional displays which sit behind the steering wheel.

here's a Left Hand Drive(US) version to illustrate :

int_415x240.jpg

mtfbwya

Wow thats a really cool car, it looks so kick ass. What happens if you mess with that power button while driving? :D

the power button's function is linked to when the car is in the "park" gear. Its just like you cant pull the keys out on conventional ignitions whilst the car is in any other gear than park... so yeah, you can press it all you like, the lcd screen tells you to quit foolin until the you put into park, and the car keeps tootling along :)

mtfbwya

well a family man like you would need a car like that mike :)
That year ('97) we had a our first 'family vacation' (with 9 month old baby) and had to take both of our compact cars, and then said 'that's it!' and got the wagon (4WD, weren't ready for minivan ... yet) My wife used it, and she's had two more minivans since then, but I'm determined to miulk this one for every mile I can.

wow is that snow !! never seen snow down in this part of Oz.

Yep, and the only reason I had that picture was that we were going to a wedding in late May, and so I had the camera ... and it snowed! May 18th, in fact. Late even for my part of New England.

Mike

I don't have a car :( Have to drive my dad's impala or my mom's minivan. The impala is pretty nice, but I hate vans. Hopefully I'll get a car pretty soon. Actually, hopefully I'll finally get my license pretty soon, I've been old enough to take the 2nd class/road test for a while.

Nice ride Astro :)

I drive Mom's mini-van... old car... 15 years old... here's sorta what it looks like: http://images.cartrucktrader.com/images/photos/IM000354_O.jpg

That's not it though... that's a pic I found online... I lost the USB cord for my camera and therefore can't get new pictures atm.......

The other car I drive is Dad's 2005 Saturn Ion: http://www.saturn.com/images/gmbp/22008/vehicle/2006/med/219_7502_63U.gif

here's a Left Hand Drive(US) version to illustrate :

int_415x240.jpg

mtfbwya

My family has a 2004 Saturn Ion, it also has the center dash.

saturn-ion-interior-300-200.jpg

Our's is an Ion 3 (1, 2, and 3, higher the number the better) with every option avaiable except for leather and a sun roof (wasn't avaiable at the time, but my dad really wanted it) and manual, because it was a combination of the idea to save some money, and that my parents wanted my brother and I to learn stick.

Archived