Home

two double blades

vader815

Should Weapon Masters Fight with Two Double-Bladed Lightsabers  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should Weapon Masters Fight with Two Double-Bladed Lightsabers

• Yes
    • No

It's physically not possibly to do it well for a human. (i think) All the jedi and sith needed their full 2 arms to use it. There is a mod that made this possible in Kotor 2 and, although it was kind of cool, still looked kind of clumsy.

Other to that, mister George Lucas won't like it. No-one in the SW universe has ever used it. The double blades were written in via the expanded iniverse, so they can be explained. The same happened with the wrist-sabers.

In my opinion?

I think it looks quit bad, it will made the jedi weapon master to strong (since he has 2 complete attacks extra compared to npc's) and in addition, make the other jedi classes look a bit weak.

I agree it's a bad idea. It'll look too clumsy - hardly the elegance that lightsabers are meant to represent. I also find double-bladed lightsabers to be too gimicky anyway. It was cool when Darth Maul used one, but ever since then it seems like every other Jedi isn't content with one glowing stick. Single lightsabers look the best. Double-bladed and duel sabers are cool here and there. Duel-double would just look like a mess.

Actually it would be impossible to control.

I just went outside and took two broom handles and practiced for a while, trying to get the gist of it.

...after icing my shins and stopping my lip from bleeding, I've come to the conclusion that even the most gifted jedi would find no practical use for this.

I just went outside and took two broom handles and practiced for a while, trying to get the gist of it.

...after icing my shins and stopping my lip from bleeding, I've come to the conclusion that even the most gifted jedi would find no practical use for this.

I must be possible to some extent, but who in there right minds would ever do that? lol No, definately 2 single sabers are enough in my opinion.

I like KyleOfHarpenden's ****ed up four bladed beast idea tho. And I also like a mod I saw somewhere of the single lightsaber with 2 parrellel blades. These things could be available as a customising option when ur strong enough maybe, or even the trademark weapon of the true sith we've bin told about.

Ooh and maybe the Jedi nun-chucks that that Clone Wars sith woman has in SWBF2.

Part of the strength that comes from the dbl-bladed lightsaber is the power that goes into it from two hands rotating the blade, not just one. You have to use some power to get through something--you can't just touch something with a lightsaber and have it fall off. If you just spin 2 dbl-blades, it's not going to accomplish anything except maybe get through paper because you can't generate sufficient force.

If one end of a dbl-blade comes in contact with something and stops spinning, the other end of the saber could end up going through you because it's not counter-balanced by your other hand.

Also, there's very little direction that you can spin the blades without hitting yourself. The blades would pretty much have to be parallel to your body in order for you to not get hit. That doesn't stop something that's coming across perpendicularly.

Cygnus' '2-broomstick method' to try this out is probably a far better teacher of the limitations of dual double sabers than anything I can say here, however. :D

I'm no fan of that idea.

A Jedi using force powers may be able to pull it off, but it serves no real purpose.

A better fit would be to use more single bladed Sabers like those at the end of KOTOR 2.

Using the Force to wield them from different angles toward your opponent.

You're my new hero.

I think it would be a bad idea. All the reasons I can think of have been mentioned already.

So you want to wield 2 Double bladed saber staffs? Sure you can...

You equip 2 of them then go to activate them...

Then you will need to consult the venerable Limb-Loss Subtable™ from the old Dragon Magazine's Wandering Damage Guide™ to figure out if you lose an arm, a leg, or both on either side when you actually try to use them. :xp:

Is there such a statistic?

If you played old-school PnP RPG's there was.

Dragon Magazine™ was the classic magazine for PnP RPG players and the Wandering Damage Guide™ was listed in one of their numerous humor related issues. But the random roll charts provided therein did provide GM's the proper tools for when someone did something relatively stupid with their character in a game. Like wanting to wield 2 Double Sabers at once. :D

Another of my Dragon Magazine favorites was an adventure for all ultra-powerful characters called NoGard™, but I digress.

I think that a Weapon Master with all light saber feats and two weapon feats should be able to fight with two Double bladed light sabers
I voted no. The idea is just too far-fetched and unrealistic for my tastes. Have you tried using two quarterstaffs, one in each hand? It just doesn't work.

Did the same thing. My fingers weren't very happy about it...they constantly bashed/slit open/pulverized/destoryed ^^

It even made my brother beat me @ Mario Kart

*walks away in shame*

Archived