Home

A question

Hayden Kered

I am not sure where to ask this so I'm posting it here. I've noticed that on some members info tab at the left side of thier posts, right above their avatar there is (default-Registered User). Some members have what looks like custom text. So I am wondering if this is something that can be changed by user or if it regards to another matter?

I'm hoping the admins will either eliminate the Registered User title (in other words no title at all) for those of us with less than 1,000 posts or reinstate the per-forum titles that were in place prior to the vB3 upgrade. Your title changed based on the number of posts you made and in which forum you posted in. Well, I think that was how it worked anyway.

Plain and simple I just don't like "Registered User" under my screen name. If given a choice between it and no title at all I choose no title, at least until I hit the 1,000 posts mark.

Well, if y'all want to make your opinion known perhaps you can post your thoughts <here>. Remember though that I recommend using respectful language in the form of a request, not a demand. :)

like Mach. thats given to them by the mods, i suppose, or the Admins. i dont think they'll do that for us.

I totally forgot they give them to people for doing special things on the forums, but I meant that there are still some titles depending on someone's post count. I've seen plenty of 'gungan grunts' and one of the old Ahtonauts who left (Drazin) has the title 'Tie Pilot' and he only has about 600 posts.

If I remember correctly, I think it was possible, at a certain post count (500?), to create a custom title, but you could never change it. Might've just been the juma though;)

Johnny want red glow:(

I accidentally forgot to knock on the day several members were "earning" custom title's...

...Kinky!:eek:

If I remember correctly, I think it was possible, at a certain post count (500?), to create a custom title, but you could never change it. Might've just been the juma though;)
if i remember correctly, there was a bug in the forums before the switch to VB3 that allowed users to use a custom title between 500-549 posts. once you hit the 550 mark, however, you had best like that custom title because you were stuck with it until you hit 1000 posts.

if you haven't already guessed, that bug was probably removed when LF switched to VB3 about a year ago.

and to further reiterate what RedHawke just said: don't post just to get your post count up. that's something we like to call SPAM. if you do it, you get the boot. ;)

if i remember correctly, there was a bug in the forums before the switch to VB3 that allowed users to use a custom title between 500-549 posts. once you hit the 550 mark, however, you had best like that custom title because you were stuck with it until you hit 1000 posts.

if you haven't already guessed, that bug was probably removed when LF switched to VB3 about a year ago.

and to further reiterate what RedHawke just said: don't post just to get your post count up. that's something we like to call SPAM. if you do it, you get the boot. ;)

Or your post count reduced to 0, rather counter-productive, wouldn't you say?

Thanks for the info. I have been trying to get involved in as much as possible with LF. I am in NO WAY trying to increase my post count. When I was setting up my account I did not notice anything for custom titles, but was wondering why some had their own. Also I will do my best to follow all of the rules to this forum site as best I can.

Just wanted to clear the air so no one got any wrong impressions! :D

Archived