Home

Stargate SG-1: The 200th episode

Renegade Puma

No it's a Science fiction show that has drama, action, and comedy all mixed in. This is it's tenth season, the longest running scifi show in U.S. television history. And since it is the 200th episode they are going to be making fun of themselves alot, as well as some other scifi shows. Like star trek, farscape, ect.. ect...

If you have never seen the show I would recommend renting and watching the 1995 movie first. The start with season one. I love the show, it is my favorite T.V. show ever.

I love the show, but haven't watched it since it moved from Showtime... I hate commercials that much. I am slowly collecting the seasons on DVD and catching up.

The 100th Episode was real cool too "Wormhole Extreme" if I remember correctly, a total self mocking episode. ;)

I've been following the series lately, since it (finally!) hit the Dutch TV. To bad we're miles behind...

I do remember some self-mocking though...

Wasn't Teal'C saying something like 'I like Star Wars very much' or something? :xp:

In about 4 years, i'll get to see episode 200 too...woopidoo

SCIFI FRIDAY!

Yeah... I'll be watching it, along with Atlantis and Galactica (when it returns). I believe MacGuyver is returning for the 200th episode.

New Galactica...*insert Sideshow Bob shudder here*

[RANT] :fire2::chainsaw::attack2::barf2::headbump:swear:

I hate that show. Hate, loathe, despise that show. I tried watching the pilot, and I was like, "Okay, that's wrong, that's wrong, that's wrong...that's really wrong...". Except Apollo, every single character got a race and/or sex change, Baltar is NOT supposed to be conflicted and sympathetic, a human cannot hump a cylon, and for GOD'S sake, there is NOT supposed to be sexual tension between Colonel Tigh and Starbuck!!! Also, there's flagrant abuse of "Frack". Frack me, frack you, frackin' this, frackin' that, frackin' the other thing...RRRRRRGH! WE GET IT! STOP!

[/RANT]

I love the show, but like RedHawke said it was much better on Showtime with no commercials. I still watch it, but now days I have a hard time deciding if I'm watching Stargate or a rerun of Farscape. Haven't gotten into Atlantis, but wouldn't miss Battle Star Galactica.

New Galactica...I hate that show. Hate, loathe, despise that show. I tried watching the pilot, and I was like, "Okay, that's wrong, that's wrong, that's wrong...that's really wrong...". Except Apollo, every single character got a race and/or sex change, Baltar is NOT supposed to be conflicted and sympathetic, a human cannot hump a cylon, and for GOD'S sake, there is NOT supposed to be sexual tension between Colonel Tigh and Starbuck!!! Also, there's flagrant abuse of "Frack". Frack me, frack you, frackin' this, frackin' that, frackin' the other thing...RRRRRRGH! WE GET IT! STOP!

[/RANT]

I thought the same thing when I first watched it. Why the frack is Starbuck a girl? Was my biggest problem, but the show grew on me and now it and House are my only must see shows. I still have a problem with the Baltar character and Boomer being a cylon, but the rest now works for me.

This will be great, I love SG1, along with Atlantis and about 15 other Sci Fi's. Hope this is just as good as Their 100th. I like Battlestar Gallactica, but lately there has been too much sexual stuff in it for me. ANd yes, they do use ''Frack.'' I also like it when Tigh says ''Godsdamn'' for some reason that cracks me up.

For once I agree with Mace. Yes, a new BG was a good idea. Yes, the old BG could have used some improvements (especially in the writing department). But are all of these DRASTIC character/plot changes really necessary? I think not.

Like El Sithy stated above the new Battlestar has Grace Park and that cannot be a bad thing.

But this thread isn't about Battlestar Galactica people... so back on-topic.

@ Ztalker, yes it was indeed Teal'c that stated that Star Wars was his favorite movie... when Oneil and Teal'c showed up at Carter's door with pizza's and a movie, if I recall correctly anyway. ;)

It hasn't jumped the shark you noob. It is still drawing good ratings. SciFi just wants to make room for newer programs. Such as "wrestling" Which I think is stupid, because it has nothing to do with SciFi.

Keep it civil RP, name calling is not allowed... this includes the use of noob. -RH

Archived