Home

Has LucasForums Helped You In Life?

Diego Varen

This forum has saved me from performing Seppuku during my depression of no KoTOR 3.

:lol:

I probably shouldn't laugh, but that just caught me the wrong (right?) way.

Let's see:

1. I got to meet cool people from all over the world and see things through their eyes.

2. I got to learn cool things about the game that I never knew.

3. I got to learn how to make those stupid red shoes go away on the Exile (thank you, Emperor Devon).

4. I learned I could write an entire novel, and that this is nearly as an addictive hobby as playing Kotor.

5. I learned cool things about my computer I never knew.

6. I learned about mods, which make a game even more fun than I ever thought possible.

7. I confirmed that yes, I'm really geeky, and you know what, I just don't give a darn who knows that anymore.

8. I learned that people can debate religion and not get their heads ripped off.

9. Jimbo and I have learned how to upgrade our own computers so that we can play the games better. :D

10. I learned how to do funky things to posts and threads in CEC.

11. I learned how thoroughly roasted one could get when turning, uh, 29. Again. Multiple times. (thanks, honey. You deserve something for that, I'm just not sure what yet).

12. I learned that RJM can be understood. Of course, you have to be just a little tipsy to accomplish that, but what the heck, it's a lot of fun.

13. That this forum has some really wonderful (and crazy! :D ) people in it.

With LucasForums, I developed a funny streak since I found I could run amok with my insanity. I found that I could carry on conversations with people who have different views than me and have met people from other parts of the world.

My biggest pal on the site has always been Jae though I never told her that. Without Jae I wouldn't have become a permanent resident of the Hotel Asylum where I can keep a weary eye on ED and make sure he doesn't burn her :xp:

Pottsie I can kid with and taunt with my floating manuscript which I still do by the way. Pottsie you cannot escape the manuscript *floating it near your nose* :xp:

He's also a loyal reader. I can give him a break with that.

igyman: What can I say? Always there giving me pointers on how to compose my HK though I think I overdid it when I made him a perpetual babysitter.

Cygnus: A delight to talk to especially when he comments on my bad poetry. Why he likes it, I don't know. Heck I think the B-day one I gave Jae was my worst.

CSI: A new guy but a good writer. Always enjoy what he has in store for CSI.

Ztalker: A Dutch buddy who discovered that I can surprise people when I say something in another language and know what it means. I think I rendered him speechless when I said Tot ziens

Hall: Instead of the Grammar Troll, I call him the Grammar Police. If he didn't point out all of our bad grammar, then we would be a confused puddle of posts that the mods would have to obliterate.

RC: I class with igyman. Between the two of them I can always come up with something for HK. For both their efforts I wrote a diddy. I thought it hilarious.

In short this forum gave me something to do online besides check emails and do research. I also got a few great mods from RedHawke, Achilles, and others to improve my games when I play them. I found that I can be the scholarly scholl marm and a crazy idiot who creates the strangest of things.

LF made me want to type grammatically, because I have to show up all those guys that use "dood whr r u in that game? omg that rulz!!!!111" :p

Seriously, I do type correctly a lot faster than anyone else I know. I might as well attribute it to LF - being able to do so does wonders for one's credibility when that's the only thing other people can judge you by.

Hall: Instead of the Grammar Troll, I call him the Grammar Police. If he didn't point out all of our bad grammar, then we would be a confused puddle of posts that the mods would have to obliterate.

I think you forgot that I live under a bridge and hate shaving. ;)

@Sabre: I didn't make a spelling error, I merely forgot to edit one of RC's many errors.

I came to LFN for JK2 cheats in 2002, so I got those :D

Indeed, my vbcodes have improved and served me well elsewhere.

Ive met some cool people, like CapN, Pie, Prime, Lynky, Sithy etc. Jae and D333 are also a wonderful steadying presence here at AHTO, so its nice to be around :)

mtfbwya

Archived