Home

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Silveredge9

Hello, i have another problem. Sometimes, when i kill all the brothers of shadow in the dantooine circle, i should fight Raven but for some reason, i fight the shadow leader again and after few seconds, he stops attacking and i can't move on.

In the unknown regions after the fight with Bastila, i choose Darkside. Bastila portrait is now white...i can see her stats, i can upgrade her but i don't see the portrait.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome Silver! :bow: :bow: specially if you've done it all by yourself ... one of the best mods I've ever seen not only for the KOTOR series ... the storyline is excellent and that Matilda appearance in Revan's life is brilliant ...

By the way quite a job you've done with the camera angles of many scenes ... really stunning mod!

The only suggestion I could mention is to check some dialog for spelling-grammar minor things (some their instead of there, things like that) and maybe to boost up a little some fights, i.e. when fighting the Council masters or the Brothers of shadow ... but that's only my opinion after playing this game for quite long time hmph!

Also I'd remove the mask in Daemon Drexler's dialog (1st encounter only) because it equips while speaking; or place it directly in the .utc ...

I give this mod a 9.92 of 10 if you ask me!!! keep it up!!! :thmbup1:

I had a holy crap moment earlier when I managed to replicate the bug where the dialogue is cut and the Shadow force jumps at you. :p

Hopefully I can keep replicating it until I find the true fix. Which I will.

Then I get can get the fixed released in a future patch, along with an unannounced surprise. :)

I'd like to add my Kudos, silveredge9. I have run into very few issues, and mostly textual errors of the small nature... after the "fixing" it is mostly just extra spaces here and there, or a "your" where it should be "you're" - nitpicky stuff.

The story is brilliant, as DI noted elsewhere your use of in-game resources was brilliant, and Matilda's rich story has been a pleasant surprise... I had figured the mod to be "over".

Outstanding, inspirational work. Thank you! 10/10

An update to my earlier post. I've been testing here and there with possible solutions. I made a few alterations to that part of the dialogue (Nothing anybody would notice, just a few tweaks behind the scenes), and when I replay the section (I did it about 5 times in a row) I didn't encounter the bug at all.

I'm requesting that one or two people who experiance the bug everytime they play that section to email me. I can then reply with a fix to test. And if they require it, a save just before that section of the mod.

I'd like to add my Kudos, silveredge9. I have run into very few issues, and mostly textual errors of the small nature... after the "fixing" it is mostly just extra spaces here and there, or a "your" where it should be "you're" - nitpicky stuff.

The story is brilliant, as DI noted elsewhere your use of in-game resources was brilliant, and Matilda's rich story has been a pleasant surprise... I had figured the mod to be "over".

Outstanding, inspirational work. Thank you! 10/10

Have you downloaded the 1.04 patch? That fixes most, if not all of the spelling and grammar errors.

And concerning the "surpise" I mentioned. It's probably what your thinking (If your smart and have kept track of my recent queries in Holowan Labs :p).

Still, that would only be a *small* part I what I will be revealing, in due time. :)

Hi,

Since I saw the release of this mod, I feel like playing KotOR again but I hadn't much time, anyway. I want to play the mod this evening I think and I was wondering whether it is makes a different if I play male or female character (I would prefer a female this time).

I'm looking forward to answers.

Best regards

Joris

I'm having a pretty serious problem on my play through.

I've played through the mod to where I'm on Revan's flagship. There's three Jedi in front of me (including Bastila). About 5 seconds into the fight and I crash to desktop. It's really frustrating because you can't skip any dialogue throughout the mod, so it takes ages to get back there. I've played through it twice and I crash at the same point every time.

So,

Area: Revan's flagship

Problem: Crash to desktop

Point: Beginning of battle with Bastila and other two jedi

I *think* this problem could be down to the Meet Athena mod although I could be wrong. They both use appearance.2da, but I still don't see why they'd clash when both mods have used TSLPatcher...

EDIT: I've redowloaded all my mods and got some organisation in my override folder. New problem. All the npc's and even the pc have taken on another character's appearance. The Captain that comes onto the bridge to speak with Revan has turned into some twi'lek and Revan's turned into a Rodian for example. Any ideas on fixing it?

I'm really having weird problems aren't I? :lol:

EDIT: I've redowloaded all my mods and got some organisation in my override folder. New problem. All the npc's and even the pc have taken on another character's appearance. The Captain that comes onto the bridge to speak with Revan has turned into some twi'lek and Revan's turned into a Rodian for example. Any ideas on fixing it?

That will happen, what happens is that when you re-installed your mods it changed things that directly related to your save-game file (and its files calling to 2da lines made pre-change), the NPC's and even your PC being messed up is a good indicator of this, as such you will very likely need to scrap that save-game and start anew. Not what you likely want to hear, I know.

Great mod. Added some wonderful content to KOTOR.

The only bug I found was with Revan on Dantooine in the council chambers. The story did not progress and Revan was stuck in the council chambers. Quitting the game and reloading gave me a crash. Reloading once more worked fine and played through nicely.

Only a minor annoyance considering the mod worked great otherwise.

I didn't have time to read all the replies here to see if this has already been asked :rolleyes: ... well there's a problem with the cutscene between Bastila-Malak when arriving to the Unknown world for 1st time with Matilda, when Bastila is beign tortured by Malak in her place appears Matilda now, with Bastila's voice for that scene ... is there a way to correct this? :confused:

and also the auto-triggered scenes with Bastila involved (i.e when Mission is pushed by Bastila after Mission bothering questions about using the force for fun), now autotrigger also with Matilda when she's with Mission or Carth naturally (keeping Bastila's voice) ...

Is this happening to you guys??? :giveup:

thanks on advance :thmbup1:

Thanks Paul Rhodes, anyway I manage to insert a blank screen delay to that starting torture scene to avoid watching Matilda there, keeping the torturing sounds-voices of course ... now I'm testing the patch in 1.02 version (to avoid talking to Matilda as she was Bastila by other party members) but it seems to be the same file available at 1.04 final patch :roleyess: (I mean the k_con_bastpm.ncs, it must be that file I guess).

good modding people! :)

Well guys :) inserting a single line in the banter scripts will solve the problem about that autotriggered dialog scenes with Bastila, just adding:

GetAppearanceType(GetObjectByTag("bastila")) == 4

to the conditional scripts should do it ... at least is working for me. For example the k_hbanter1.nss will look like this:

//:: k_hbanter1

/*

Checks conditions for banter 1 (Carth and Bastila)

and if Bastila slot is not ocuppied by Matilda

*/

//:: Created By:

//:: Copyright © 2002 Bioware Corp.

#include "k_inc_debug"

int StartingConditional()

{

int iResult;

iResult = GetGlobalBoolean("G_Banter1")==FALSE &&

IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_CARTH)==TRUE &&

IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_BASTILA)==TRUE &&

GetAppearanceType(GetObjectByTag("bastila")) == 4;

return iResult;

}

the other banter scripts of that cutscenes to be edited are: k_hbanter2.nss, k_hbanter6.nss, k_hbanter9.nss and k_hbanter10.nss; all available for extraction at the default scripts branch of KotorTool: /BIF/scripts.bif/Script, Source

that should do it people, enjoy this awesome mod! :waive1:

PD: ah and of course drop the edited scripts to /Override folder :nod:

Finally got to the main quest today. I was frankly blown away. I can't even imagine how much time and effort you put into this!

SPOILER AHOY!--->

Still haven't gotten past Revan's capture as the Mod didn't like my PC cust pack mod and er... had to reinstall the game. You might want to consider a little note in the next read me about BoS not playing well with the 2da kids ;P . Now i'm power playing so I can get back to that part! One request, or suggestion for perhaps the next patch you put out is to consider making more of the dialog skippable. While I enjoy listening to the VA's, having to listen to the different alien languages finish out slows the gameplay a bit.

Thank you thank you thank you for this massive addition to Kotor!

I totally love this mod, but I seem to have a problem. I always get stuck on Dantooine with the 4 masters. They say things to me and then I have to fight Vrook, Zhar and Dorak. After I kill them, I nothing happens and I can't go anywhere. Before that, the Rakatan voice talks to me for a bit, and each master says one quote. I've tried reinstalling, and when I look at KSE, it comes up with an error thing that I can't remove b/c it forces the KSE to close. That error line also has a ton of information under it, and if I cilck that, it also forces the KSE to shutdown.

Thanks for the help.

I totally love this mod, but I seem to have a problem. I always get stuck on Dantooine with the 4 masters. They say things to me and then I have to fight Vrook, Zhar and Dorak. After I kill them, I nothing happens and I can't go anywhere. Before that, the Rakatan voice talks to me for a bit, and each master says one quote. I've tried reinstalling, and when I look at KSE, it comes up with an error thing that I can't remove b/c it forces the KSE to close. That error line also has a ton of information under it, and if I cilck that, it also forces the KSE to shutdown.

Thanks for the help.

After you beat the masters and the screen fades out, hit quick save and then quick load. That should fix it.

Thanks for your reply to my post on the other thread SilverEdge, much appreciated. My friend is trying to tinker with the mod and try and fix it but he ended up trashing his game -_-, likewise, its better to leave it to the professionals. Keep up the good work.

about the Carth Onasi dissapearing on Dantooine Enclave, i did some more research and i found that a certain mod was not compatible with BoS, resulting in carth vanishing when he said "they're waiting for you inside", i think this was a mod from kotor filefront...dunno which one...but it altered something about Carth. Anyway, that one is no problem, i didnt have that issue.

Edit: (sorry for double post)

I was wondering... what programs do you use to create such an advanced mod? (i know this is stated in other threads but i find that anyone can answer this question as im a total newbie to 'creating mods', but installing them is fine ;P)

I was wondering... what programs do you use to create such an advanced mod?

The basic tools: KOTORTool (a versatile little thing comparable to NWN's Aurora Toolset), DLGEditor (for conversations), GFF-Editor (for module/journal editing). Scripting, audio editing, and reskinning can be done in various programs.

And instead of double posting, just edit your first post.

Archived