Home

Dr Who - 2008 (Warning: spoilers ahead!)

Aash Li

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as I can recall, this is the first televised visit the Doctor has made to Ancient Rome....

Oh, Doctor, your last regeneration must have affected your memory!!

Tardis wiki has set me straight :)

Apart from The Stone Rose, there have been a few other venturings into that time period.... http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Roman >> most of them on book and an audio drama set in the Davidson era.

However, way back in the *real series 2*(1965 - Hartnell Days), there was a 4 story arc called "The Romans" set in the reign of Nero ;)

*goes to track it down*

EDIT>>been watching it....great episodes, once your eyes get used to the B&W. As the sets/clothes are set in the past, they look good, nowhere near as cheesy as a usual DW episode. I have to admit, Hartnell is pretty cool... a bit of a crazy old git, but hey, so am I :D

>>cant wait to see them there in this upcoming ep though... It was shot on the 'cinecitta' Rome film set in Italy, just like the HBO/BBC "Rome" series.

mtfbwya

Doctor: I just want a mate

Donna: You just want to mate?! *shocked look*

Doctor: I JUST WANT A MATE.

Donna: You're not mating with me sunshine!

Doctor: I WANT A MATE - A MATE!

Donna: Well good coz' I aint avin' any o' that nonsense! Your just a small streak of nothing, ya know, alien nothin!

Doctor: Well there we are then.

hehe I liked that. I was impressed because I was sick with the sex stuff. his would not happen in torchwood Torchwood woulld be like

Jack: Will you have sex with me?

Gwen: Ok! Try to make me pregnant while you're at it!

Anyone else notice that in both episodes so far, there's been mention of a planet that's been "lost"?

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Both planets were "lost". And these weren't the first; if you recall, in the very first episode, the Nestene planet was destroyed during the Time War. So I'm betting it's either another product of the Time War, or something to do with the Daleks.

Was decent. They're getting better as they go along, I think. I have but two complaints so far: 1) I liked Martha better (next week should solve that ;)), and 2) either this season's theme is ridiculously unsubtle, or ridiculously deceptive, at least that's the feeling I keep getting. But there have only been three episodes so far, so I guess I can't really comment on that. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Bleh to Martha, she's a comic book character. The clever doctor who saved the world and now works in a top secret intelligence agency :D Where's her flippin cape...!!

Donna is *real*. Emotional, at times annoying, but heart in the right place, and takes care of things when it comes to the crunch. I love her and her flowing ginger locks! That first scene with the Ood in the snow was very well done by Cathy Tate, and told us alot about Donna's character.... Initially freaked out, but then compassionate. She's the perfect moral compass for this current Doctor, who seems to have his emo/angry young man moments ;)

I also like how she is entirely paying attention to what is going on, and not whether she wants to stare longingly at the doctor and smooch him...like those previous two drones. They had their first "you're ok!!" hug in this episode and it was totally un-sexually charged.... great to see!!

Good to see the sontarans back next week, though we all know who we want to creep(roll) back into the story again... like they always do :p

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...

Cathy Tate has a really thick accent... when she talks really fast, I have a hard time understanding here. >.> I almost turned the captions on... but then I imagined the poor captioning person typing it out and going O.o;;

Also, is it me, or does she have a really huge chest? o.o

I still like Rose though. She was the best between her and Martha. I liked Martha based solely on the fact that she has a nice butt. hehe Also it seems that Scifi has gotten smart as is airing the current season of Dr Who... not last years.

Did anyone notice Rose in last nights ep? When Doctor spoke to the Sontarans. :evil2:

Yes, I noticed that too. I suppose it was included to foreshadow the possible (although possible probably means certain) return of Rose Tyler.

As a member of a Doctor Who forum, some people discuss these type of matters into much more detail.

Archived