Home

Help with the Creation of my SW-KotOR III

harIII

I am very new to modding world and am highly interested in being able to create new properties of the Knights of the Old Republic. I have a wonderful idea on the creation of a “Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic III The Fulfillment of the Prophecy” game, the title is what I’ve already come up with.

Story

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Star Wars

Knights of the Old Republic

The Fulfillment of the Prophecy

It is five years after the events of “The Sith Lords” and the Republic has ever futherened itself to collapse. With it’s fall measured from the present to just a year thousands of planets are succeeding from the order.

As time progress more and more rumors of a new threat alters the existance of the Galactic Republic.

With the Republic’s last chance of survival a new resort of keeping Democracy, the Jedi have discovered a powerful connection to the Force. Jedi Knight Aarus Dakaar is thought to be the “Chosen One”, the prophet deciphered to bring balance to the Force. In the Jedi Academy on Coruscant the student prepares for his final training to become a Jedi Master…

Section 1

Planets – Coruscant: Jedi Academy, Ragoon VI: Moenia, Ebon Hawk

You will start out as a Jedi, named Aarus Dakaar who is about to complete his training on Coruscant at the Jedi Temple. You are a very special Jedi known in the movies “The One who will Bring Balance to the Force”, you are the “Chosen One” and are very gifted in the ways of the Force. You’ll receive a mission to find a Jedi named Dyrra Vislyn that went to Ragoon VI. You will have one of your peers “Jedi Knights” join you one this quest, she is Eridel

You end up finding a Sith there that leads you into a trap and captures you. You’ll have to escape your restraining cage on the Exchange Headquarters Space Station nearby and end up finding the Jedi there. The Sith “Darth Oriha” will take you here in knowledge of the Jedi Bounty from “The Sith Lords”. As you make your way to the Hanger to escape, you will be confronted by the Exchange Leader to have you join them.

Light Side, you’ll kill him to stop their control over the galaxy or Dark Side, join him and begin working with the Exchange. The Exchange will give you its own set of missions that create a story line. I’m not sure yet but the Exchange Leader may join you if your are Dark Side. As you enter your ship, you get a call on your comlink stating that there is an emergency at the Academy and everyone needs to report there.

When you arrive at the Academy you find out that Darth Revan has returned and now presently coming to the Academy with a Battalion of soldiers. Everyone is ordered to go to the Hanger Bay and escape. As you are leaving you’ll encounter Darth Revan. He attacks the three of you, yourself, Eridel and Dyrra. Dyrra is killed and Eridel is too weak and will escape. You’ll have to either Light Side resist Revan and face his torture or Dark Side, join Revan and have him complete your training. Either way he will become your master. You’ll have to complete a few tasks to capture anything important at the Academy and then leave with Revan to Klatooine.

Section 2

Planets

Klatooine through Belkadan are clues to Bastila and Voren

Klatooine: Calamar

Hathrox III: Tibannopolis

Joralla: Ares Gilipi

Talravin: Edra

Haspredium Prime: Naatan Castle and Kaadara City

Langoria: Valley of the Jedi

Belkadan: ExGal

Vjjun and Mustafar are the locations of Bastila and Voren

Vjjun: Zehava

Mustafar: Bestine

You will have to complete a few tasks for Revan to get the Academy fully functional because you arrive at an ancient temple.

Eventually, Revan will tell you about Bastila Shan from KotOR I and the Exile “Voren Faalo” from KotOR II. Like when you go in search of the Star Maps or the Jedi, you are to look for information that leads to Bastila’s and Voren’s secret location. This section composes of 6 planets, three clues to Bastila and three to Voren. I’m sure that I will change on of them to Manaan because I wanted a Selkath part of my party.

When you find all three of the clues you will be able to go to the location and find Bastila or Voren. Sorry I’m not going into detail with each individual planetary mission overviews but I just don’t remember what happen although I do have everything written down.

Section 3

Planets

Ebon Hawk

When you finally get Bastila and Voren to join you, you’ll be able to obtain a higher “Prestige” class in your training and get individual training from Bastila, Voren, and Revan. They will speak to each other and find out what they have learned about the True Sith. You’ll have to go to the next five planets.

Section 4

Planets

Leria Kerlsil through Taspir III are where the Sith Lord is gathering Force Energy

Leria Kerlsil: Arnthout

Chandrila: Testa

Ophideraan: Tyrena

Destrillion: Qurras

Taspir: Cinnagar

Acclimator

The next 5 planets you’ll have to search for clues that lead to the True Sith. Here the Sith Lord is gathering Force Energy to resurrect the greatest Sith Lord ever heard of “Darth Platigus”. This is just an elaboration of what Darth Malak was doing on the Star Forge with the captive Jedi

Like how there was the “Leviathan” level in KotOR I there is going to be the Acclimator except you won’t be captured. You will make a sneak attack and land on Darth Oriha’s flagship after you find 4 pieces of information. You’ll end up having to find Oriha and Light Side you will bring her back to the Light Side or Dark Side, you will kill her or depending on your dialog selections, you’ll be able to recruit her like Visas Marr on KotOR II. Either way you go you will learn about her Sith Master (I haven’t come up with a name yet) and will have to search for him.

Section 5

Planets

Praesithlyn: Curamestine

Rakata Prime

Malachor V

Duxn

With the information from Section 4 you will get a hint that you are to go to Praesithlyn and search for the True Sith. Before you leave the Ebon Hawk, Bastila, Voren, and Revan will individually speak to you and will mention that you will have to complete a mission before you make your assault on the True Sith.

Bastila – You will have to go to Duxn and persuade the Mandalorians to join your army and fight with you against the True Sith. Here is where Mandalore/Canderous will join you.

Voren – You will have to go to Malachor V and persuade the Sith that she have assembled there to fight with you against the True Sith. Here is where Visas Marr will join you.

Revan – You will have to go to the Star Forge and Rakata prime. On the Star Forge you will gain control over the fleet and on Rakata Prime, you will have to unite the 2 species of Rakata to fight for you. Here my new character Winoda Nacine who is a Rakatan will join you.

Once you have your grant army you’ll have to load them up and prepare them for the upcoming battle with the True Sith.

Section 6

Planets

Farethess: Calna Muun

Ziost: Imperial City

Now that your army is ready, you must go to Farethess and go through the mission overview. At the end you will find the Sith Lord and have to find him. He will resurrect the power of Darth Platigus and will consume his Force Energy to become all-powerful. Unfortunately he will escape to the True Sith homeworld of Ziost.

When you go to Ziost you will encounter a series of missions and have to engage in a grand battle against the True Sith with the unification of Rakatan, Mandalorians, and Sith. This is kind of like the battle on Onderon in KotOR II but times 10. Presently I have the ending summed up as you talking to your group, Revan, Bastila, and Voren, and will either take the Light Path and bring the Republic out of its state of unstability or Dark Sith, take your army to attack Coruscant. You will even be able to kill Revan, Bastila, and Voren to consume their Force Energy including that of the Sith Lord and become truly all-powerful. But I have considered adding a battle on Coruscant just like on Ziost but I’m not sure how that would go with 2 huge war scenes.

Bonus Section

Throughout the game you will have the opertunity to perform a number of quests that are part of a “Side Story”. There are 4 groups:

Genoharadan

Exchange

Revan

Your own – (Jedi/Sith)

Companions

Aarus Dakaar – Main game player

Eridel – She helps you find Dyrra Vislyn in Section 1

Dyrra Vislyn – He is your ticket to becoming a Jedi Master in the Academy

Darth Revan – He will complete your training and help you find the True Sith

Bastila Shan – She will further your training and help you find the True Sith

Voren Faalo – She will further your training and help you find the True Sith

Canderous Ordo – He will help you gain an allegiance to the Mandalorians and help you fight against the True Sith

Winoda Nacine – He will help gain control over the battle fleet and the Rakatan army and help against the True Sith

Visas Mar – She will help you gain the allegiance of the Sith and help you fight against the True Sith.

General Xaterith – He helps you somehow but I forgot what role he plays. New Character - Human

Kazra Bailum - He helps you somehow but I forgot what role he plays. New Character – Selkath

Dustil Onasi - He helps you somehow but I forgot what role he plays.

Exchange Leader – Just to come with you, I can’t remember.

HK–47 – I’m not sure what his purpose was I don’t remember.

T3-M4 – I’m not sure weather or not I up him in here, it depends on what your opinion is.

*CRITICAL*

I am in deep need of new Side Missions, I am hoping to have at least 5 to 7 Side Missions in each of the Planets.

Planetary Information

Coruscant – City like Taris

Ragoon VI – City like Nar Shaddaa

Ebon Hawk – Small Space Ship

Klatooine – World like Dantooine

Hathrox III – Not sure

Joralla – Not sure

Talravin – Not sure

Haspredium Prime – Barren rocky desert like planet

Langoria – Kind of like the Valley of the Sith but more like a forest or planes

Belkadan – Not sure

Vjjun – Canyon with acidic rain fall

Mustafar – Volcanic wasteland

Leria Kerlsil – Not sure

Chandrila – Not sure

Ophideraan – Not sure

Destrillion – Not sure

Taspir III – Not sure

Acclimator – Space ship

Praesithlyn – Not sure

Rakata Prime – Jungle forest, kind of like a paradise

Malachor V – Barren canyon wasteland

Duxn – South American Jungle

Farethess – Earth like

Ziost - Industrialized city, you are in a desert battlefield

Class Information

You will be able to select from the following classes in the beginning of the game:

“Jedi Class”

Force Consular

Force Sentinel

Force Guardian

Once you find Bastila nd Voren you will be able to choose between the:

“Greater Prestige Class”

Light Side

Jedi Watchman

Jedi Weapon Master

Jedi Celestial

Dark Side

Sith Marauder

Sith Assassin

Sith Inquisitor

Once you find where the Sith Lord is going, you can choose between:

“Species Class”

Light Side

Jedi Species

Dark Side

Sith Species

Once you go to Ziost you will be able to choose between:

“Force Mastery Class”

Light Side

Jedi Master

Dark Side

Sith Lord

I do intend to add Manaa in Section 2 and Korriban in Section 4

All this I hope to mod in the SW-KotOR The Sith Lords because of the fact that you cane go up to level 50 rather than 20 in the first game. This will be needed because of how extensive the game will be.

Right now my problem is that I don’t know how to work with the modding programs I have:

Gimp – I think it’s a “Graphic Editor” I haven’t tested it much because I don’t know what files to import

KOTOR Tool – I just don’t know how to work with it yet and there aren’t any tutorials on line or in the software that have helped me so far but you have to remember I have just started a few days ago from February 4 – 2008.

I know that this project is incredibly big and will a large amount of time to build but I’m ambitious enough to at least learn. I really want to begin work on this game and just am having a hard time trying to start. I need some help in trying to learn how to work with the KOTOR Tool or any other programs that will help. I should also tell you that I know absolutely nothing about modding. Should anybody want to help me build this project, I will post my project and I am presently open to any ideas and will not have a problem in at least trying to incorporate your ideas into my project.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I'm not here to blow your ideas but...

Making an all new game is..frankly impossible. Even more impossible if you don't know how to mod. Several modders have created new areas, which takes an enormous amount of time (the Brotherhood of Shadow mod alone took the modder(s) a year if i'm correctly).

Creating a total new game would be impossible if you don't have a 20-30 man crew to do this. And organising such a thing is hard. Very hard. :(

I do infact know that this project is very big and am aware of the fact that it will take a huge amount of time, but I am still very interested in learning about how to do the modding. Even if my idea is impossible, I would like to learn how to atleast edit in KotOR I and II

Edit: It's a common fact in our society that when somebody comes up with an idea but doesn't have anything orgainzed people tend to turn away from it, but when I do start working on this I can start drawing peoples' attention. But I would really like to work on this project. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

Edit 2:

For Danyael27 lets say that you would like to change everything to be less in the number of planets, at least that's what I interpreted from your post, I could combine mission overviews to have say 2 story missions in 1 world. I personally wouldn't mind doing this. It would save me a tremendous amount of time.

Welcome to the forum, harIII. In the lower right hand of your post, you'll see "you may: edit this, quote/reply to this, or quick reply" or something similar to that. Instead of making 2 or 3 posts in a row, which is frowned on here (see forum rules), please click on the 'edit this', add to your post, and then click 'save changes.' It helps keep things tidy and improves loading times for people on dial-up. If you have any questions, please contact one of us moderators. Thanks, Jae

Ok lets just take this a step smaller. I had an idea to alter a few this just to learn how to mod, but make changes in Taris and Dantooine. Taris you are Darth Revan without being damage and you attack the Endar Spire and the rest of the Endar Spire is the same as far as finding Bastila. Then Taris you look for Bastila but she escapes. On Dantooine you end up recruiting most of the Jedi and capture Bastila. Her companion escapes and he/she will be the one who fights you in the end. Bastila ends up becoming your new companions. I just need to know how to actually do this.

While this thread is more of a WIP and might be nice if the moderators placed it in the main Holowan forums. I would like to point out that there seems to be alot of dispariging of peoples requests especially when it comes to new planet or storyline based requests. The purpose of a mod request thread is the oppurtunity for others to say what they would like to see. There is no promise that anybody will make the requested item or mod so telling others to give up is even further counter productive.

For Harlll, Danyael27 is referring to making your mod in segments. Such as the intro for the mod, like the first module or planet related to it and release each portion in segments, that way others can provide feedback relating to improvements or suggestions for the mod.

Well for starters, on the ES you'd probably have to switch a number of the rep and sith utcs so that you aren't attacked by your own people. Also, when the game opens up, where are you going to place Revan? In the same compartment? Do you substitute a Bandon like charachter for Trask? Do you escape the ES or land on Taris near the sith base? How are you going to alter the whole vulkar-bek subplot? How does Bastila manage to escape? Does she attack/infiltrate the sith base and acquire the codes to get off planet? If you're Revan from the beginning, what of the ebon hawk? What ship will you use for the rest of the game? Do you plan to get people to do vo work for your new or reworked charachters? Don't know how much thinking you've put in this, just bringing up a few of doubtless myriad issues you'd have to start addressing even for your scaled down example. If you've got the time to invest, take a crack at it. Just understand the complexity of the goal before you. Good luck.

I think you've created a rather ambitious project, too ambitious to be honest. :p

You obviously new to modding, so I don't expect you to know what can and cannot be done with any quality in regards to area modding. Unless your planning on creating the areas from scratch (Which in itself takes a skilled modeller hours upon hours of work, not to mention an enormous amount of planning work, for just a single smallish area), your going to be stuck with having to reskin existing modules. And looking at the list of planets you've got (Mustafar, Coruscant, Lehon...), not many existing areas are available in K2 that would faithfully capture the look of the planets you want to include.

And that's just to get the modules themselves. Adding content to them is a whole other time consuming story. :p

My advice: Start with small stuff. Or write a fanfiction.

BoS took 2 years.

BoS was a big long learning experience for me. Knowing what I know now, it probably would take me less then half of that time to create it again. :p

~snipped

If you are new to modding then I would advise against creating a "new" storyline mod like this - ive only just started dabbling myself and its really REALLY hard to do.

Also if you plan on going ahead - aside from spelling and grammar - you need to know the Lore inside out. For example the first thing that comes to mind is Dustil Onasi is dead. The Exile was supposed to kill him on Korriban; it was cut and the dead body in the tomb on Korriban is Dustil Onasi already killed, apparently.

EDIT:

Further the "chosen one" was Anakin Skywalker so if you plan on going ahead and using that Prophecy as your story line then you should at some point discover that the PC (or the Chosen One Jedi) is in fact NOT the chosen one. Perhaps another Jedi has a vision showing clearly that he isnt.

Keep any criticism constructive, people. And ganoesparan06, you should clean up your grammar before complaining about someone else's. --Jae

you need to know the Lore inside out. For example the first thing that comes to mind is Dustil Onasi is dead. The Exile was supposed to kill him on Korriban; it was cut and the dead body in the tomb on Korriban is Dustil Onasi already killed, apparently.

EDIT:

Further the "chosen one" was Anakin Skywalker so if you plan on going ahead and using that Prophecy as your story line then you should at some point discover that the PC (or the Chosen One Jedi) is in fact NOT the chosen one. Perhaps another Jedi has a vision showing clearly that he isnt.

Dustil Onasi being dead is not canon since it is cut content it could be because the decision was to drop this because the devs or LA may want him for a later release of the game for a character appearance. Once it becomes an actual option in a Kotor game then it is canon and can be argued.

Also the chosen one prophecy has surfaced numerous times and thought to fulfilled only to be discovered that it was not so. Also hariii has not stated what the prophecy is.

Maybe a series of much much smaller but compatible mods?

That would make much more sense. If you made a series of planets, and started off small, THEN you would be much better off.

I just started modding and I'm having trouble spawning an NPC. Doing something like this BY YOURSELF if no previous modding experience is going to take about 5-10 years. And has about a 5% probability of completion to any degree of quality.

I would think that even a professional development team would struggle to create a game that included this many planets:

Look, I'm not trying to be critical, I'm trying to be realistic. In reality, you can't do this. What you CAN do is gradually get into modding, make some smaller mods, perhaps reskin an existing planet and make it into a mod and THEN you can move on to a bigger project.

I really want to begin work on this game and just am having a hard time trying to start. I need some help in trying to learn how to work with the KOTOR Tool or any other programs that will help. I should also tell you that I know absolutely nothing about modding.

harIII, as someone who wanted to do something big from the get go, I do have some general advice I give to people who want to do what you want.

You will likely need to shelve your current project and go back and try to make some far simpler mods first, so you build your knowledge base up and also figure out what is posible before attempting this kind of project. It is what I had to do before I made ORD Mandell, and if you really want to do this kind of mod (a total re-write) it is what you will need to do. You have to learn many of these things by expiriementing on your own or looking at other peoples work.

Learn how the game works by making certain types of mods, then after you have done so and have picked up the basics of the following skills/mods...

• You must know how to use KotOR Tool, and be familiar with the other tools. KGFF, etc.
  • You must know about items.
  • You must know about dialogs.
  • You must know about character files.
  • You must know about placeables. (The horror... The Horror! :eek: )
  • You must know about scripting. (I cannot stress this one enough)
  • You must know how the area .git files work, this includes waypoints, etc.
  • You must know how to use the Journal/Quest System in the game.

Then you can begin this project. It would also help knowing some about module and/or general skinning, and the finer points of modules since you want to do a total conversion.

In the end you have to have a working knowledge of quite a bit before you attempt to tackle this kind of mod. These mods are the most intensive mod you can make and requires a firm knowledge base of the game, and what the files do.

I'm sorry if this isn't what you want to hear, but I am afraid your journey will only end in frustration if you attmpt this from the get-go. I have seen it happen.

Just to reiterate... I'm not saying what some others are and stating this is impossible and/or you can't do this, or it will take you 5-10 years like some of the others have done here. Please do not take my post as a negative. I did it, so I know others can too with the proper dedication and a major amount of effort on your part you can indeed do this... on your own even. Doing the mod in sections is the best advice I have seen given above, so when you reach this stage that is how I would proceed.

BoS took 2 years.

In all actuality ORD Mandell took... well look at my join date, and the date I released the mod. A very long time. I did it all by hand with a GFF editor too. :p

I am happy with everybody's responces and will try my best to work my way from the floor up.

In responce to RedHawke

I will indeed rework my thinking and try these suggestions you gave me. For now I'll start with the small stuff and work my way up.

In responce to Totenkopf

I'm going to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Revan is going to start in a Hanger with a Sith Fighter sitting off to the side. Since Bastila was coming back from her "failed" attempt to kill Revan she and a few other Jedi escaped with her. Bandon will be replaced with a Jedi. You will land on Taris in an Escape Pod near the Sith Base. I was going to make a Side Mission and have the player choose between aiding the Beks or the Vulkars and then wiping out the other. Bastila will infiltrate the Sith Base and steal codes to get off the planet. You will use a Sith Fighter temporarily and when you get on Dantooine and finish the plot, you will obtain the Ebon Hawk for the rest of the game. I'm not sure what you're asking when saying "Do you plan to get people to do "vo" work for your new or reworked characters?" I've done considerable thinking into this, I've been putting this project together in Microsoft Word for the past 2 years going on and off.

The amount of time it takes to create something doesn't really have all that much of a meaning to me. All I want to do is create something different in the game and be able to see production of something happening.

[*]You must know about placeables. (The horror... The Horror! :eek: )

This is actually much easier now that we have Darth333's Whereami Armband. :)

Actually, not really. If you did it the way I did it would involve the same or similar amount of work. -RH

[*]You must know about scripting. (I cannot stress this one enough)

100% Agreement. Scripting is a vital skill - not having sufficient knowledge of it will cause you huge problems.

In all actuality ORD Mandell took... well look at my join date, and the date I released the mod. A very long time. I did it all by hand with a GFF editor too. :p

The dialogues, too?! O_o

The amount of time it takes to create something doesn't really have all that much of a meaning to me. All I want to do is create something different in the game and be able to see production of something happening.

You say that now. Wait until you're six months in and it feels like the project will never end, and the novelty value's warn off...then decide whether you can stick it. :)

The dialogues, too?! O_o

Pretty much. When RH made Ord Mandell our tools were nowhere near what they are now and the dialog editor in KT and TK102's dialog editor were still in there infancy. That and RH always liked doing things the hardway. :p

Actually I did the second half of ORD Mandell with the beta version of KT's dialog editor (THANK YOU FRED!). I was testing it for Fred and I promised him I would give it a thourough workout. Sadly (for me)/happily (for Fred) I had no issues with it the whole time. But yes if you want to look like this :nutz3: try using a GFF editor to make dialog files. -RH

One word... Ouch! :lol:

I can only imagine the amount of coffee you went through... :lol:

I don't drink coffee... so imagine that. ;) -RH

Dude... Respect! :rock::xp:

This is intersting, but the idea has already been through. I posted a Making K3 post awhile back, trying to get the whole community to work on a project very similar to this, but that post is now buried. Even if you just edited the old modules, that would take a very long time (I know I've tried) and creating new ones take even longer (I'm working on one now). And trust me, I know how you feel, I've been exactly in your position. You'll probably get discouraged after a while, just like I have been. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this happen. It would be amazing, but would take an awful toll on whoever's making it. So my advice: if you're going to follow through with this, get yourself a good team with definite specialties. And you should like mentioned above, release the planets one by one, that way your team can see the progress and not be stuck wondering where you are. I hope this goes through very much, and if you need, I can model weapons. Call me when you're ready!!

I am happy with everybody's responces and will try my best to work my way from the floor up.

In responce to RedHawke

I will indeed rework my thinking and try these suggestions you gave me. For now I'll start with the small stuff and work my way up.

In responce to Totenkopf

I'm going to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Revan is going to start in a Hanger with a Sith Fighter sitting off to the side. Since Bastila was coming back from her "failed" attempt to kill Revan she and a few other Jedi escaped with her. Bandon will be replaced with a Jedi. You will land on Taris in an Escape Pod near the Sith Base. I was going to make a Side Mission and have the player choose between aiding the Beks or the Vulkars and then wiping out the other. Bastila will infiltrate the Sith Base and steal codes to get off the planet. You will use a Sith Fighter temporarily and when you get on Dantooine and finish the plot, you will obtain the Ebon Hawk for the rest of the game. I'm not sure what you're asking when saying "Do you plan to get people to do "vo" work for your new or reworked characters?" I've done considerable thinking into this, I've been putting this project together in Microsoft Word for the past 2 years going on and off.

I was only asking what you were doing about sound. Were your new dialogs going to come with sound (like in recruitable Kay) or be silent (like most others). Wasn't actually "volunteering" for something that was never offered in the first place. ;)

Welcome to the forums, harIII.

Now, I don't want to discourage you from modding. But to be honest, I don't think that this list is feasible as a modding project. I'm just talking straight on that. Its extremely ambitious. I'll be blunt; I don't feel that it is remotely possible to make this in its entirety.

Even if veteran modders announced a similarly ambitious project, I'd be very skeptical. In fact, I'd feel the same way. Undertaking even a quarter of it would be an exorbitantly massive job that even an experienced modder would find difficult and time-consuming.

I've never seen new content made for Knights of the Old Republic that is even 10% of the size and complexity of the list. Understanding that, also know that a lot of the "large projects" out there took a year or two to make. Team Gizka has been around for how long? I don't even know. And most of what they do revolves around reconstituting cut-content and working on bugs.

Its great to see ambition, creativity, and developed storylines. But I suggest focusing on smaller projects and using the experience gained to build up modding-muscle. The experience gained gives a good idea of what is easy, and what is difficult.

You already have some strengths. You are creative and willing to learn.

I know what everybody is saying and I am learning. Over the past few days I have been working on modding and have learned a lot within the short period of time. I have learned how to permanetly change the appearance of characters, change dialog, alter what items you find in footlockers, cylinders, and lockers, make your main character what you like when you start a new game I presently have everybody looking like Bastila. I have also been able to change the number of feats and force powers gained through leveling up. But what I really want to do right now is to look at the Module Editor for a few maps. I can extract the maps from KOTOR Tool, open the Module Editor and locate the files, but I can't load them into the Module Editor. Please may I get feadback on this. Thank You.

You need to put the map files in \Kotor Tool\Maps. Then you extract the .git file from the module you want (not all modules are supported, mind you) and then you open the Module Editor and open the map where your .git file is present.

Edit: In my experience, the Module Editor can only handle the files that were originally in the game, so if you have renamed the .git file, it won't work. So, what you do is renaming the .git file after you've edited it in the Module Editor.

Archived