Home

Losing faith in the human race.

Rachel_Ewok

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why didn't we let the South secede again

Now, now. Don't generalize. :D

I'm starting to think that humans will devolve into...things that fight and destroy and kill and whatnot because they can.

I think that we've pretty much always been like this, haven't we? If we're not killing each other physically, then we're content to do so psychologically, as this thread and countless others have already demonstrated...

I'm starting to think that humans will devolve into...things that fight and destroy and kill and whatnot because they can. Allow me to quote my ten year old brother:

"Gears of War and Call of duty 5 aren't bloody at all."

/thread

heh you're just starting to think that now. allow me to quote history:

*rape and pillage*

Now, now. Don't generalize. :D

I think that we've pretty much always been like this, haven't we? If we're not killing each other physically, then we're content to do so psychologically, as this thread and countless others have already demonstrated...

:cool:

Taken you this long?

I lost what little faith in humanity I had gained on the Kindergarten school bus when I got mocked and picked on insensitively day after day because the bus had no supervision and was filled primarily with boys. Oh, and the fact I cuddled and kissed with my kindergarden girlfriend near the front of the bus.

Ahh... life was so much simpler...

Although, I was already pretty disenchanted with a lot of my small world due to my other kinder-girlfriend's f'ed up mom and dad. I was only like, 6 at the time but I knew enough to know that he was a jack***. Oh, and the bully across the street.

And the entirety of Elementary School.

I've been disenchanted with humans in general since the day I started school, and my hate has only become more varied and imaginative over the years.

I've been disenchanted with humans in general since the day I started school, and my hate has only become more varied and imaginative over the years.

You'd be amazed at how my fury for the morons of this world, and the various ways in which they express their stupidity, has fed the fires of my creativity, and lead me to produce so many of my rants writings on social devolution and deconstruction, even if it's just to blow off steam in a blog or on a forum. One thing you can say for the conformists, dumbasses, and ignorant radical militant intolerant scumbags out there:

They make for damn good material.

You'd be amazed at how my fury for the morons of this world, and the various ways in which they express their stupidity, has fed the fires of my creativity, and lead me to produce so many of my rants writings on social devolution and deconstruction, even if it's just to blow off steam in a blog or on a forum. One thing you can say for the conformists, dumbasses, and ignorant radical militant intolerant scumbags out there:

They make for damn good material.

Truer words are rarely spoken.

While I detest so many of them, I thank them from the bottom of my heart for helping drive my imagination to what it is today. To keep from turning to depression, I just taught myself how to turn disdain into creative power and now just run off of other people like a battery.

Thanks to this, I rarely hold grudges and any distaste I feel about a particular day can be drained away into imagination. Kavars Corner is a freaking goldmine, by the way.

The bright side of all this is that I'm trying to funnel all this creativity into a book or comic soon.

Why didn't we let the South secede again?

You would have had to move--your city (or soon-to-be at that point in history) is in part of the then-New Mexico territory that seceded and became part of the Confederacy. Unless you like grits and fried okra, of course, in which case you're all good. [/stereotype comment

@Rachel--some of those people will actually grow up, learn things, and become productive members of society. Some will continue being selfish and/or ignorant jerks, but others will learn from the mistakes and go on to do things that make a difference in peoples' lives.

When the idiots get you down, think about people like Mother Theresa, Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr, Christ, and a host of other people who accomplished a lot of very positive things with their lives.

Also this. People are stupid.

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

Yeh well, people like that friend of yours, that one student and Mister Rich are pretty poor representatives of the human race. If you're going to judge a people of 6 billion members (with billions more in the past), you're going to have to go out way more than your neighbourhood, Facebook and school.

As for myself, I hold no faith in humanity. The reason is, I don't look at humanity as an entity, it's a silly notion, to group together the entire spectrum of human emotion, thought and general ethics into a word. That's like saying the electromagnetic radiation spectrum is worthless because you can't see beyond violet and red.

So to not get into a complex philosophical discussion, I conclude that you are just being emo and you need to hang out with smarter, more intelligent people like myself. Thank you.

Yeh well, people like that friend of yours, that one student and Mister Rich are pretty poor representatives of the human race. If you're going to judge a people of 6 billion members (with billions more in the past), you're going to have to go out way more than your neighbourhood, Facebook and school.

As for myself, I hold no faith in humanity. The reason is, I don't look at humanity as an entity, it's a silly notion, to group together the entire spectrum of human emotion, thought and general ethics into a word. That's like saying the electromagnetic radiation spectrum is worthless because you can't see beyond violet and red.

So to not get into a complex philosophical discussion, I conclude that you are just being emo and you need to hang out with smarter, more intelligent people like myself. Thank you.

Q.F.T.

Was going to rant about my experiences (which are mostly positive) but Sabretooth's story will do.

dsmall will improve social behaviour by offering more choice...

You would have had to move
As I am reminded every year when the local historical re-enactment group makes a big to-do about the one skirmish that was fought here.

I suspect my family would have stayed in California and I would have learned to surf instead of getting an education. :xp:

Nah, that's gotta piss off some radical animal rights group somewhere. I mean, the monkey sneezed. Something made him sneeze. It's only logical that it's our fault, and the monkey certainly felt pain.

Right? Right???

Better yet. After the Animal Rights groups start doing that some lawyer is going to blame a random video game company that has monkeys in it's games. Then claim the monkey sneezed because the owners were playing the game and thought "how fun it would be to cause the monkey ""pain"" by sneezing"

I try to be as positive as possible, and if there are days that I just can't be positive, then I will just push on, and focus on not being stupid.

Thank goodness for the voice in my head that goes: "No, you retard, stop being freaking emo and get on with your life. Sheesh, what is wrong with you man? Zomg dude, zomg. Just go have fun with it and rofl or go with the flow and all that good stuff or something"

My advise to people considering being emo and stuff- try to see humor in all the aspects of life. It makes life really great when you can make a light-hearted joke out of a horribly depressing event. Also, smile more, to get those endorphins moving around in your brain. Also, a nice bit of exercise always helps releive stress.

I have hope for humanity, in a sarcastically humorous way.

Thank goodness for the voice in my head that goes: "No, you retard, stop being freaking emo and get on with your life. Sheesh, what is wrong with you man? Zomg dude, zomg. Just go have fun with it and rofl or go with the flow and all that good stuff or something"

You need a voice in your head to counter that voice and say "No, you retard, stop using Internet acronyms and memes, you're a ****ing voice in the head, what's wrong with you?"

This began a while back when I was helping with a charity food drive, I asked my neighbors to each donate a bag of canned goods (we do this every year, its for school).

The richest people in the neighborhood gave a bag with about 5 cans that were expired, no one wouldn't eat unless they HAD to, and one can was rusted.

It is not an uncommon behaviour throughout most, if not all, species here on earth not to share food. Plus, just because you're rich doesn't mean you have a ton of canned stuff somewhere in your house. Actually, I'd even propose the opposite.

For example, today in history class we were talking about wars and I'm not 100% sure what the teacher said but one student responded, "Wait, I thought we totally won the Vietnam War... Didn't we drop the atom bomb on Japan?"
You judge although you don't even know half of the conversation that was going on? Plus, the importance of detailed geographical or historical knowledge is rather quite against zero.

Or when a friend put up on her facebook page the day Obama got elected "Obama bin Laden got elected!!!!" she was serious. She SERIOUSLY thought that was his name.
There are people out there who have problems with names. Just so you know.

What little things help you lose (or maybe in some cases gain) faith in the human race?
Define "faith in the human race".

You judge although you don't even know half of the conversation that was going on? Plus, the importance of detailed geographical or historical knowledge is rather quite against zero.

Yeah, sure, that makes sense. Except Japan's being nuked isn't exactly a minor historical footnote, or a minor detail. Anyone with even the most basic of historical knowledge should know what war saw the atrocities of the nuclear bomb.

And as a Canadian who's seen his fair share of people asking what part of the United States my country is in, I contest your point on the importance of geographical knowledge.

And there's a difference between 'problems with names' and rampant ignorance and plain old idiocy. Just so you know.

If they have problems with names, they should shut up and avoid speaking about names, if they'd rather not be made a fool of. If they choose to express themselves, I will judge them for their mistakes.

If they have problems with names, they should shut the **** up and avoid speaking about names, if they'd rather not be made a fool of. If they choose to express themselves, I will judge them for their mistakes.

And is that a reciprocal thing?

Critiques belong in the thread or blog in which the writing occurred, not in a thread about losing faith in the human race. --Jae

I've wanted to say that for a while.

Oh, and way to go with the attitude - 'cause that's the way to win friends and influence people, kid. You might also want to consider dyslexics and dyspraxics (you could start by bothering to look the terms up, kthx) before you cast your blanket judgement on the rest of the human race. Because of course, you are so far above the rest of us, O Great One.

Archived