Home

Marius Fett's W.I.P

Marius Fett

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've decided. I'm going to make new icons for the weapons, but i'm going to release them separate to the armour etc.

I'll release the new icon sets in sort of little packs. Armours, melee weapons, ranged weapons, head gear, etc etc.

When i'm done with those, if i'm feeling really productive, I might go for implants etc as well, but that's unlikely.

portraits.jpg

My one problem with these portraits is that those are just the models imported into Max, took a render of it, and then pasted them into portraits. The models themselves don't show much emotion, which is a good choice for living characters. If you make an update, take a picture of them from in game (in a well-lit area, preferable. :p) and use that instead. You might also want to do that with the droids as well, since you can't really imitate the effects that they have in 3ds that well (you can add a spec map, and any other maps, and they might simulate it, to a degree)

Long story short, 3ds max renders aren't very good portrait material, ingame shots are.

Long story short, 3ds max renders aren't very good portrait material, ingame shots are.

Nonsense, you got far more controle in 3Ds Max, plus its uber render powers, to do far better shots.

Yes, these straight forward shots are perhaps not the best that could've been done. But, hell taking screenshots? Then messing about in PS to cut out and stuff... Its all more a hassle, certainly with that idiotic stiff camera in the game.

You can infact pose the characters quiet nice in Max, if you want a cross eyed carth you can :p

Then again, I guess this all personal opinion, just didn't expect to read such rubbish from you, since you know to goddamn well what Max can do :p

You've proven that yourself a couple of times.

Nonsense, you got far more controle in 3Ds Max, plus its uber render powers, to do far better shots.

Well from a quick lookover (and another that I did just now), it doesn't look like much of this control was used. If it was, its not that noticeable.

Yes, these straight forward shots are perhaps not the best that could've been done. But, hell taking screenshots? Then messing about in PS to cut out and stuff... Its all more a hassle, certainly with that idiotic stiff camera in the game.

Yeah, it is a hassle, but in the end, getting it right can be worth it.

You can infact pose the characters quiet nice in Max, if you want a cross eyed carth you can :p

quite, but like I said, I don't see any of this control in the portraits.

Well, a bit of much a'do over nothing, methinks trigger... but each side in this little race has merits of their own, so I am unable to declare a champion.... despite what we all know the real truth to be

"To each, their own"

I like these Marius, because they are very clean. Wonderful crisp definition.

However, your current subtitle is not :p

edit: Bean is ubiquitous these days! A stud-muffin, to be sure.

Well from a quick lookover (and another that I did just now), it doesn't look like much of this control was used. If it was, its not that noticeable.

Because Marius isn't really into the full 3D thing, though its nicer then what most people sometimes show. Perhaps he could have bugged me and asked how to do better shots and give the characters a pose.

Then again we all started from nowhere and climbed that hill steep modding hill slowly.

Yeah, it is a hassle, but in the end, getting it right can be worth it.

True, perhaps, that doing some hard work is going to pay it off. Though then again; using ingame shots... dunno... :lol:

Anyway, I'll hand it to you that more could've been done, but you can't say its god awefull quality. Though of course if thats your opinion go for it :p

Being a bit protective here for my mate Marious, so I'm biased :lol:

• 8 months later...

Right then bitches, i've done what basically amounts to **** all modding-wise for the past few months. And yesterday I decided to get up off of my great big arse and do something productive with my time. Then I decided nah bugger it, i'll mod instead. :D

And here's the result. A reskin of Mission Vao for K1, which is sort of a collaboration between myself and Quanon.

You may have seen a version of this texture floating about in various screenshots of mine and his before, but i've altered it quite a bit. Q's original had red skin eyes and lips.

My new version is caucasian and has a more human looking mouth and eyes.

Aaaaanyway, enough blabbering...

Here be it:

1-2.jpg

I shall release... When I can be bothered. :D

• 5 months later...

THREAD REVIVAL!! :D

Ok guys and gals, i've been off the modding scene for quite some time now, but i'm just starting to get back into the swing of things.

I've not done anything particularly of note as of yet, though I do have a lightsaber hilt i'm reasonably happy with. Now, I know ArmyAJ already released a version of Revan's hilt just recently, but here's my take on it:

SCRN_revsab1.jpg

Aaaaand here's the reference picture I used:

Revan_saber.jpg

And a textured version:

SCRN_revsab2.jpg

(I know the textures very basic, but at the end of the day, it's a simple hilt. What more could I do? :xp:)

I plan to release this as a sort of small set with two sabers in, one blue, one red, complete with some special crystals.

Anyway, that's it for now. Kick on. :D

THREAD REVIVAL!! :D

Ok guys and gals, i've been off the modding scene for quite some time now, but i'm just starting to get back into the swing of things.

Good job, Im finding hard to continue modding with the new challenges I face with my AP classes and the fact most of my mod tools refuse to work. :I

I've not done anything particularly of note as of yet, though I do have a lightsaber hilt i'm reasonably happy with. Now, I know ArmyAJ already released a version of Revan's hilt just recently, but here's my take on it:

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww141/MariusFett/SCRN_revsab1.jpg

Aaaaand here's the reference picture I used:

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww141/MariusFett/Revan_saber.jpg

And a textured version:

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww141/MariusFett/SCRN_revsab2.jpg

A while back I did the same hilts, along with starting on Bastila and Malak's "canon" hilts (Bastila's was conspicuously very similar to the vanilla double blade, Malak's was difficult for me to model due to perspective), but due to my complications I never ended up getting them in game, or even exporting them.

(I know the textures very basic, but at the end of the day, it's a simple hilt. What more could I do? :xp:)

What I end up doing more and more nowadays in whatever I do in photoshop regarding texturing (despite not modding, I'm still working on some WIPs for other projects, one of my projects, called Lucky Seven, has an album here that has some models in it[/shamelessplug]) is starting off with the base color (for metals like what the majority of the hilt is, starting off with a solid gray) then adding detail (highlights, shadows, flaws), and I do end up using a lot of reference from cgtextures.com, like what Quanon suggested (I don't rely on the pictures there, I use them however more for how a metal texture is meant to look, and on scratches and other assorted flaws)

Update on the hilt:

swkotor2011-01-0813-36-42-96.jpg

swkotor2011-01-0813-41-03-99.jpg

Getting a new texture on this thing was turning out to be WAY more trouble than it's worth (my UV map decided to keep screwing itself up whenever I changed it), so i've decided to just release it as-is.

Just got a few tweaks to make, then i'll get it up. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just about to start uploading the Revan lightsabers now, so I thought i'd post an update. The Mission skin will be uploaded today too (finally) which means all the mods I currently have completed will be uploaded (hopefully) by the end of the day.

As for my current modding efforts, i've been working on a few NPC appearance tweaks. There are two in what i'd call an acceptable state right now both of which are skins I made for personal use a long time ago, which I have updated now to reflect my now more advanced skills (or possible lack thereof as some might say:p)

Anyway, here they are:

uthar.jpg

uthar2.jpg

vandar.jpg

There's also a content mod i'm due to start work on soon, but i'll save details on that for when i've got some work done on it and it's at a stage where I can share some early screenshots with you all.

Archived