Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

sometimes noise or grain can be good to suggest more detail in an image.

Especially with enlarging something for print, grain can do wonders.

Did you already do a test print?

What I've removing is the half-tone dots... trust me you don't want or need those in there.

I don't do test prints until the whole image is ready, then I'll know if any one part of it is wrong.

I think the contrast is slightly too high, something in between would be nice. The monkey has also been made too sharp, doesn't really look like fur any more.

The level of sharpnesws you need to apply to an image for print is different than for screen, so it's good that it looks a little over-the-top on screen. Look at the "hair" on the image that is in the top right section over guybrush's-hair/pirate's-red-hat - it's an original part of my scan (I'll remove it from the image later) - but is fuzzy in both the first two images, and in my new image it is sharp and much more detailed - it has a clear line and shape.

I assume your conttrast concerns are to do with the monkey - again you'll need to see it printed, trust me. This is what the same image looks like with a different gamma setting (to show the depth of colour/contrast in there).

monkeyc.jpg

Well I used the same cropped image he used but if you look at Laserschwert's full resolution up close, it's not as fuzzy anyway.

I used the 300dpi image Laserschwert provided that was later resized to the full "poster" resolution with the brush filters applied to it.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, coupla' questions.

One - Was anybody able to get onto CHAOSMAN regarding a scan of his awesome Grim Fandango poster? I'd seriously love to have that thing on my wall..

Two - Is anybody willing to attempt a Psychonauts poster? That game's got brilliant box art.

Thanks all

UPDATE: Just realised you can buy a Psychonauts poster off the Double Fine web site. So gettin that baby.. :D

I used the 300dpi image Laserschwert provided that was later resized to the full "poster" resolution with the brush filters applied to it.

Can you locate this to me? I would like to have it please. And I still think the monkey needs that fuzziness in his hair. He just doesn't look furry otherwise.

And I duno LordTrilobite... everyone has their own tastes and I just think that any more contrast than what I provided, would be unbareable. Keep in mind that the middle pirate already has a lighter shade of hair than Elaine's.

I still think Laserschwert's are just FINE the way they are!

Hi,

it would be cool if someone could re-upload this or an similiar version of the EFMI- poster :)

fileload doesn't seem to work anymore

Lol, I was just thinking "I'm on it!" and then I realised I had to download it first... *smacks head*

Nice! I've been asking Laserschwert for a poster of this for a while now, looks like he can just skip it now:)

edit; Hmmm, have you made a testprint of this? Up close, the edges look a bit photoshoped/paintbrushed/blured.

Awesome.

I was searching the net today because i wanted to create a LucasArts adventure game themed Fender Strat guitar scratchplate.

These pics will come in most handy.

Do you intend to do Loom as well? This is the only key adventure game i see missing from the portfolio. I think it would make a fine poster!:thmbup1:

I've made a new Full Throttle poster based on issue 8 of the Adventurer. This took a long time to make. I basically had to repaint everything. Enjoy!

With logo (200 dpi)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
fullthrottleposter2smal.jpg

Download: http://www.rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id=9jcnwljym7

No logo (200 dpi)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
fullthrottleposter2nolo.jpg

Download: http://www.rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id=9woygqx12b

Hey I made a simple gif out of the posters by "spiralout" Here it is:

[gickr.com]_febf3c0b-e3b2-b414-b1b5-1e88aefe2117.gif

Archived